It can be done - My before's and Afters

ah, the Black Mafia as they were called Sammy:) them and the Light Infantry. My Brother in Law was a RGJ bandsman. I did 25 years, 3 with 2 Para and the 22 in the Ordnance Sammy. I loved it, had a great time and some fantastic postings.

Ahh must have been nice catching up with everyone, bet civvy life took some getting used to after all that time! My ex will be in until he retires, he loves it.

Thanks peeps.

I was the same Sammy, but 25 years did it for me, but I'm happy I came out when I did really, gave me a chance to prove myself in civvy street. What a change that was, and to be frank how easy it all is outside.

Here's a few holiday pics in and around Puerto magon in Gran Canaria
IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

*SHE* who must be obeyed
IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

View from the ferry
IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

A feral kitten adopted us
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Jim fantastic piccies :D adopt a cat did you?
oh i long for some hot spanish sunshine!

This little feral kitten adopted us Vicky, he was mewling near the back door when we arrived, so we fed him for the week, and boy could he eat!!

Will have to wait till I get home to see them :( ps do you mean Puerto Mogan? Where were you staying Jim, we love Gran Canaria!

Puerto Mogan.yes I did Bren, we stayed in the old part, as you'll see when you get home.

Linz, I'm pretty sure she does seeing as we've been together over 40 years now. :) and I was thinking of Amelia when I saw the photo, I didn't realise Colleen had taken it. :)

I really wish we could have bought that kitten home though.

LOL, yes very probably Linz. :)

You've been off the step for a while now Jim haven't you.

Colleen's got a real think about beards and the strong still silent type - that's not the first time she's had a fling with a statue x

Jim, now I can see the photos - yay! By the way - that kitten does not look in the least feral lol - love Mogan, all the little canals and bougainvilla everywhere, my bro just went for his honeymoon and loved the market - they are going back next year to finish looking round it lol

Like your wristband - we have those too :D

LOL Gem, I'll have to show her that statement. :D

yes bren, the Market was fun on Friday, but so many illegal food stalls. LOL. Ah yes, Help For Heroes, I have a a monthly donation paid to them love.

Linz, what did Amalie have to say about the new photo?

Last edited:
Hah Hah, LOL, what a sweetie she is. :)

My grandkids think I'm a bit naughty too - I can't think why x

LOL, I'm happy to be naughty grand dad then, looks like I'll be in good company

Back