It Can Be Done!

clairelesley

Fairy Princess to Be
Following up from my Vent & Rant etc etc, I just wanted to say that I have successfully negotiated my 'difficult' weekend which puts me at a grand total of 12 days of pure, unadulterated, 100% Sole Source (today is day 13).
It definitely wasn't easy - I wasn't too bad on Thursday night after passing my test but on Friday night when it was actually my birthday and mum and OH were ordering in takeaway (I had no intention of cooking etc) I was all set to rip the menu from their hands and order half of it! I think what got me through was that they knew in advance so there was no expectation that I would eat, and it really felt like I would be 'giving in' if I changed my mind at that point.
Yesterday was much easier by comparison - I was actually quite happy with my sparkling water while they had their pub lunch and again when I met my Pagan group I just had water because I was doing this month's talk. Because mum is teeny (damn her) and doesn't eat a lot she just had a sandwich for tea since she'd had a 'big' lunch so I was quite happy with my soup.
Anyway, not to sound evangelical, but hopefully this might provide a little bit of extra determination and motivation to anyone else in a similar situation - it's not always easy but it IS totally do-able, and without ruining the occasion or making you completely miserable either!
Weigh-in tomorrow so fingers crossed it's been worth it!
:D:D:D

V inspiring n motivational - gives me hope I can do the same

well done again

Lin
x

Well done that's great!
It does get easier, I am almost at the end of week 10 100% SS! x

Well done, Claire:D

The first time that you have a social gathering involving food is definitely the hardest as you cant imagine what it would be like to be there and not eating proper food or else imagine that it would not be any fun. Once you have overcome that hurdle and realise you can go to a bbq/dinner/party/wedding, stay 100% on tfr and still have a great time means that next time it will be a breeze and you wont even consider cheating.:D

Back