It can't be .....

princess farkie

..... I think either I was seeing things this morning or the K fairy has been waving her magic wand in my direction!!! It's only bloomin pink already and it's only day 2 for me!!! LOL!!

Must've been that run yesterday morning buring off the excess carbs to help it along quicker. I'm a lucky girl :D.

Hope all the other newbies & restarters have a visit from the K fairy soon.
xx

Hi

Well done Princess - you are doing really well, Day 3 for me and I've not tested yet but it is definitely getting darker, had my first shake and onto the water.

Good luck today.

Hey,

Thanks guys!! Good luck for you too!!!
Nicola - sounds like you are in ketosis!
Nessa, you can get Ketostix from lloyds pharmacies ... can't remember how much they were but not expensive. No idea whether you get into Ketosis on 1000 plan??? Perhaps Icemoose or someone far more knowledgable than me will be along soon!!!

Keep up the great work
xx

Hi Princess,

Just tested and it is a dark pink so yes in ketosis, yipee. What does it all mean!!! Cant wait to see some results, I definitely dont feel as bloated, my stomach feels weird not sure what that is all about.

Hey Nicola,

Ketosis is your best friend :D - we love the k fairy!!

I'm by no means a scientist or expert on this matter but here goes!! Ketosis means that your clever bod is burning fat for energy - the shakes, soups, bars etc all have very low levels of carbs - usually our main source of energy. When carbs are in scare supply (as with CD) our bodies switch over to 'fat burning' for energy and hence we lose weight by using our fat stores to fuel our bodies. The other clever thing is that ketosis helps to protect our muscle mass - without ketosis and a lack of carbs we would start to eat away at muscle mass - never good!!

You're doing really well hun, can't wait to hear how you get on at your first WI.

xx

Back