It definately will be a long road...but i WILL get there

Well...deep breath....I'm Nic, I'm 33, and I'm morbidly obese...sounds like an AA meeting! Not that I know what that sounds like.

I have struggled with my weight since falling pregnant with my first daughter 9 years ago. In 2007 I did lighter life and got down to a size 10 and was running 3 times a week and I can still remember a friend saying on a rare night out how happy she was seeing me so confident. Then feeling slim and sexy we decided to have another child...vowing never to get into the habits I did whilst pregnant with dd1.....I am now looking very shameful! After having Dd2 I originally started sw and weighed in at my heaviest ever and I can remember feeling mortified. Unfortunately i didn't like the class thing, I felt like a just sat there and was lost in a big room of people. No more said.....here I am 4 years later and weighing in even heavier than when I had had dd2.

In the last year alone we have emigrated, leaving all family and friends and jobs and our life as we knew it...all the big stressful things, we did in one fail swoop. I now feel settled where we are, we own our home, I have now reduced my hours as dh has a job....so....now is time for me to concentrate on me....and do something for me. I say we are living the dream...but I'm not. I love where we live and our life but I want to be part of it instead of being a spectator. In the year we have been here I have had my swimming costume on twice....how bad is that!

So this is the first day of the rest of my life...well second...I started yesterday. By Christmas I will be a different person and my kids will have got a mum who plays and has fun and laughs with them...who will run around the park and climb the woodwork and will go body boarding with them. My husband will have a wife who will hold her head up high and be confident....and me....I will have life...I will be able to look at the smiles on their faces...I will have a smile on my face.

That said.....it's gonna be a long long road.....

Good luck, I have a long journey too, but am feeling pretty determined!

So day 3 today...and I am feeling pretty good. Went to the local recreation centre for class times for workouts, had a lovely bacon and egg breakfast and just had fruit and yog for snack. I am feeling quite tired but it's my totm....but I seem to have gotten away without and cravings this month! Yippee! I'm back in work from 6am to 8pm tomorrow and Wednesday so getting prepared for what food to take. Gonna try the prawn cakes. Best get on before the kindy run!

Sounds good, I'm day 3 today. Just had some muesli & milk from HEx A & B and a banana. Set up for today and ready to go!

So I have Been at work the last two days...outta the house for 14hrs....but got up extra early to make my breakfast and eat it at home and made sure I had good food to take to work. I was hungry yesterday but have been fine today...to busy to think about food! I'm gonna weigh in Friday as I am away for the weekend...feeling hopeful!

Back