It just has to work this time

KLJ123

Ok so today I joined Slimming World ... Again, I could do the bloody welcome speech and patter myself, its always the same, the thing is I know everything she says is right and I know it works, i just need to get myself into gear and stick to the plan.

14 weeks ago I gave up smoking, something I honestly thought I would never do, I am not going to lie it was hard and the cravings haven't totally gone yet but it got me to thinking, if I could give up what people say is one of the most addictive substances in the world and not kill anyone or die trying then I am certain I can give up eating crap and start to exercise.

So these thoughts have been running around my head for a few weeks, and then the most embarrassing thing happened. I was flying to Glasgow (i fly a lot with work) when I sat down I could barely fit in the chair but I could not get the seatbelt to fasten, no matter how hard I tried it just wouldn't go... I had to ask the super skinny flight attendant for a seatbelt extender (in a hushed voice obviously)... If that wasn't bad enough she very loudly informed me (and my colleagues sat near me) that "if you cant fasten the seatbelt then you can NOT to sit near an emergency exit as I am too big and a health and safety risk" I was devastated, my work colleagues were pointedly looking everywhere apart from at me as they were embarrassed for me.

so to cut a long depressing story short, I have decided to do something about it and loose some weight, if I am honest the happy clappy vibe you get from class doesn't really do it for me (but i will continue to go to get weighed) it would be good to have someone on my wave length to talk to and support each other...

please let me know if you are interested in being a buddy, i cant promise i will be all flowers and bubbles, but I will be straight talking and will have your back xxx

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Look up a web site called chunky piranha. It has a free weight loss guide that may be able to assist you with your diet plan. It has tips that will hopefully accelerate your weight loss.

All the best :D

Klj123, i'm new here too, and a lot of what you have written could have been written by me! I've been on slimming world loads of times but never really got anywhere. I recently joined but left again after 5 weeks and 10lb weight loss because i really don't get anything from the class. I need inspiration, not a read out of what other people have lost. Oh and the clapping does my head in! However, the eating plan is fab! So i'm back on it, (3rd week), but doing it on my own. Hoping joining this site and chatting on the forums will help me achieve my goal. Good luck!

It's great on here, I wouldn't able to do it without the support and advice from others xx

Hey Ladies :)
I have been a member here since around Jan/Feb time and from then I have been a super yo-yo dieter and it just makes me feel worse knowing that I can't stick to a diet on my own.
I have also been a member of slimming world & rejoined numerous times, the first time I stuck at it for about 4 months or so & in that time I lost 1 & a half stone but as I stopped going to group the weight piled back on.. and more!!!
I'm interested in becoming buddies with you all online & seeing how your coping with the diets & hopefully we can encourage each other to stay on track & become the skinny minnies we all know that is busting to get out! :)

Nichola.. :)

Back