It was all going so well...

Donzy84

Back to basics
:cry:OH came home with my favourite last night, because they had been reduced....

A 12 pack of Waitrose minced pies reduced to 39p

So i ate 3!!! Synned it this morning 36 Syns!!!!! combined with a small glass of wine and some syns i'd already had at grand total of 44.5 syns for yesterday!!!! Am gutted, rest of pack is getting donated to neighbor later though :sigh:

Step away from the pies lol! Mince pies are yummy but shockingly high in syns aren't they. Good you only had three - time to claw back some syns maybe?

hiyer, i had one of those nights on friday, all you can do is draw a ___________, and get straight back on track today, more important is don't beat yourself up;)

thanks guys Mince pies are seriously devil food!!! how can the syns be that bad!!!

Technically i only have 1 syn left to last me until Wednesday (based on 10 a day) so not sure if i should just have no syns for next few days, up it to 15 a day for this week or flexi syn last night (although don't really understand that concept)

Flexy synning is when you know in advance that you're gonna go over your syns so you decide a number to stick to. This allows you to feel in control of the situation. As that is the case flexi synning isn't suitable here. Perhaps you could up your syns to 15 as after all we are allowed that many. Or go without syns the next few days but that might be difficult...Good luck with what you decide.

I would just go back to 10 syns per day for the rest of the week and forget about the mince pie incident. I have had weeks were I have done a similar thing and still lost weight so don't worry about it.

Flexi-syns are supposed to be pre-planned. E.g. you are going to a friend's hen night where a large amount of alcohol is inevitable. Before you go decide how many syns you are going to allow yourself (e.g. 50) then keep counting and stop when you get there. You are not guaranteed to lose weight that week but it stops you from going completely overboard and thinking that it's a waste of time sticking to it for the rest of the week. If you have allowed yourself to have those syns then you don't feel bad about it and it is easier to get straight back on plan the next day.

Firstly a big well done for working out the syns. Its at times like these it is so easy to just think you've blown it.

I'd have 105 syns for the week that way you still have enough syns left for a little something each day.

And I'd freeze the mince pies & just have one every so often as a treat:D

I did something similar last week, I went into tesco's and they had brownies and choc chip muffins reduced to 10p, but of course they HAD to be eaten that day, and there was 12 mini brownies and 12 mini muffins, so between my husband and I we polished off the lot! :( The weird thing is, afterwards I felt really bloated and sick, and the next morning felt really yuck... so it wasn't even worth it.

I had a day like that last night so I am not gonna have any syns now till Tuesday (wi) and allow myself the 105 for the week instead of 70 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far out!

It is gutting though when this happens. For me it's every weekend and I just seem unable to stop myself!

Lesley x

I had a day like that last night so I am not gonna have any syns now till Tuesday (wi) and allow myself the 105 for the week instead of 70 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far out!

It is gutting though when this happens. For me it's every weekend and I just seem unable to stop myself!

Lesley x

thats what i tend to do! i can be real good all week but once i start being bad that its i can't stop!!!

I learned the hard way about the syns in mince pies too!

I had a pack of 18 before Christmas and it's only REALLY me who eat them. Hubby had a couple but he's more of a pork pie and pate type of person - I think I ate 8 over the Christmas period and I have frozen the remainder and intend having one on a tuesday night with a cuppa as I get home from sw weigh in - IF I have lost weight - had one last Tuesay as I lost a pound.

Good idea donating them away though.

Back