Italy - Rome

Honey-J

Silver Member
Has anybody been please? I'm travelling next year February Ive saved for this for 2 years lol and now finally 2015 I shall be going. Very excited indeed x

204 views and no comment anybody plz :)

I've been: -) Twice!

Firstly, you will do loads of walking so wear comfy shoes!

There are loads of fab resturants so any diets might go down the pan..also there is fab ice cream on every street corner. Mmmmmmm

Anyway I digress.

I'm not sure how long you have there but on your first day I would just take time to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. You can also take in the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon etc

Colleseum takes about 2 or 3 hours.

If you have time take a bus out of town to the catacoombs. Very interesting.

Also worth a trip to visist the Romam Forum and Palatine Hill. I think you can get a joint ticket to the Colluseum and Forum.

You can also download free audio guides to some of the sites before you go which will help save money.

I'm trying to remember the name of the resturant I loved, but if it comes to me I will post it...

Have a great time

Thank you very much xx

I have been and its fab, trevi fountain is good but very busy,coloseum is nice but busy again.the italians are very thin and fashionable .oh and good looking..lol u will have a great time.xx

I have been and its fab, trevi fountain is good but very busy,coloseum is nice but busy again.the italians are very thin and fashionable .oh and good looking..lol u will have a great time.xx

Hehe thank you ! I'm hoping to be thin by then, and then return fat lol

How long did you go for? X

Rome is beautiful! I went to watch the rugby this year in March and had a few days before. The food is amazing, the wine is even better and your feet will be sore :)

We got a map before we went and plotted where we wanted so that we had an idea of where to go and what else to do in the area.

Go to the Vatican and go up into the cathedral - it's the best view of Rome. Also, get there as early as possible. We went at 8.30 and had a 5 minute queue, but by the time we left at 11.30 the queue was around 2 hours!! xx

Rome is beautiful! I went to watch the rugby this year in March and had a few days before. The food is amazing, the wine is even better and your feet will be sore :)

We got a map before we went and plotted where we wanted so that we had an idea of where to go and what else to do in the area.

Go to the Vatican and go up into the cathedral - it's the best view of Rome. Also, get there as early as possible. We went at 8.30 and had a 5 minute queue, but by the time we left at 11.30 the queue was around 2 hours!! xx

Thank you for your feedback :) what was the weather like that time of month ? I'm going in February . X

Back