It's all gone to pot

I will succeed!!!
So Tuesday will be weigh-in number 4, and so far I've had 3 losses. I was aiming for 1.5 lbs this week to get my 1/2 stone award and was doing ok until today.

It's been a hard week - my Grandma's in hospital and it's looking unlikely she will survive. I've not been sleeping well and found the last few days tough.

Today it's gone to pot - I've just scoffed chippy chips, gravy and a pie. I now feel guilty and worse than before.

One slip wouldn't usually be so bad, but it's star week to boot so I was fighting excess water as it is.

I'm going to have to pick the pieces up tomorrow and Tuesday before weigh-in - but I rarely go over 5 syns anyway, so any advice how to manage to pull it back without going under 5 syns?

Shall I just eat loads of SS foods?

So Tuesday will be weigh-in number 4, and so far I've had 3 losses. I was aiming for 1.5 lbs this week to get my 1/2 stone award and was doing ok until today.

It's been a hard week - my Grandma's in hospital and it's looking unlikely she will survive. I've not been sleeping well and found the last few days tough.

Today it's gone to pot - I've just scoffed chippy chips, gravy and a pie. I now feel guilty and worse than before.

One slip wouldn't usually be so bad, but it's star week to boot so I was fighting excess water as it is.

I'm going to have to pick the pieces up tomorrow and Tuesday before weigh-in - but I rarely go over 5 syns anyway, so any advice how to manage to pull it back without going under 5 syns?

Shall I just eat loads of SS foods?

You do need to have 5-15 syns a day, simply that when you come to a plateau you have something to change in your plan, i'd reccomend having 12-15 a day personally when you first start, im doing this and when i reach to 12 weeks doing the diet im going to reduce to 7, then another 12 weeks 5..etc etc

Its OK to feel like its gone to pot, god knows ive complained about going off track on here more than enough! Just relax today, get yourself into a frame of mind and restart again tomorrow, one day of being naughty isn't going to mae a difference, and you may even be surprised! Just write this week off :)

:hug99:I think in the circumstances you have done really well. Draw a line and do what you can, don't dwell on this week, some things are far more important than pie and chips. Explain to your consultant and then strat afresh.

Don't worry and don't give up!!

I think you've done really well under the circumstances to only have 1 slip and you have to remember thats all it is 1 slip.

As long as you manage to stop now and start afresh you will have done amazingly. Good luck ! :)

I'm with Chuffy. You've done amazingly well to just have one slip. Give yourself a pat on the back and stop criticising yourself. AF is not a "slip", it's something we women can't help and have to take into account with our weight loss (you guys don't know how lucky you are ;)). And if you rarely go over 5 syns (altho' I agree it should be more), then you won't have done that much damage (if any). I mean, you must have about 70 left and that's what I have in a week.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran. Big hugs from all of us.

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran, **hugs**

I agree with everything that's been said. Try not to get too upset about it, except it, move on from it, learn from it. Sometimes there are more important things than what we are putting in our mouths!

Natt xxx

Thanks everyone -

You're all right - I need to stop beating myself up about it.

After some sleep I feel a lot more me again - I've been bottling up my feelings about Gran all week (I tend to do this) and yesterday I was tired, drained, emotional and hormonal to boot. The chips just started the outpour of everything.

Worse yet - I didn't even enjoy the stupid things!

Anyway, today is a new day and if I have a couple of normal days it might be ok tomorrow, and if it's not, c'est la vie.

And I know 5 syns aren't too many which is why I was worried about going under that. A lot of the time I have to make them up to that as it is - will work on it :)

Thanks x

Back