It's all in the head!

stivesliz

Gold Member
So after getting my 4 stone award a year ago and gradually bobbing up and down ( but mainly up ) for the last year I regained a stone of it and last week, not being able to bear another + sign in my book I rejoined. It was a nice even figure though - I was exactly 3 stone down from when I started. My 4 stone has been a bit of a white elephant , or Monty the awkward turtle, as my daughter would say, and I was putting so much pressure on myself to get back to the 4 stone that I was just losing the plot.

Soooooo, what is intriguing me now is - now that I have started again - will I get to my first stone award smoothly ( which technically takes me back to my 4 stone ) and if seeing a new blank weight record is what my head needed?

We can buy all the healthy foods we want and we can look at as many recipes as possible but I still maintain that unless your head is in the right place then it wont happen. Ah the psychology of slimming - it never fails to amaze me x

Such an interesting thought Liz! Will be interested to see what happens. I am sure with your motivation you will see a bit fat juicy minus in your book at next w i! Good luck anyway :)

I think you're completely right Liz, you've got to be in the rift place mentally.

Sadly I see loads of people come and go to our group that have been told by doctors / family / friends that they need to lose weight and they never stick around for long. I am doing this weight loss journey for ME and nobody else and luckily my head seems to be screwed on right at the moment x

Definately totally agree with this. If your head isnt in the right place then you wont succeed. Liz, you will do this today and get a big toot toot! Let us know how it goes please. Sening "lighter" vibes to you :)

You are so right, successfully losing weight is more about having the right mindset than anything else!

Personally I find healthy eating is more about how I eat rather than what I eat. I eat healthier when I am more organised and take the time to prepare and make healthy meals. Like you said I can buy all the healthy food in the world, but if I'm not organised and plan a little bit ahead (like make lunch the night before) it just does not happen!

You have done exeptionally well to have maintained the three stone loss and I'm sure with your mind in the right place the fourth will fall off!

stivesliz said:
I Lost 4 yay! x

Great idea & it seems to be working for you! Well done :)

Sadly I see loads of people come and go to our group that have been told by doctors / family / friends that they need to lose weight and they never stick around for long. I am doing this weight loss journey for ME and nobody else and luckily my head seems to be screwed on right at the moment x

That's the key isn't it, you've got to do it all for you :)

stivesliz said:
Definitely and I am on a mission now! x

Most definitely!
My boyf looks in the fridge and sees nothing, and before my head was right i would have to! But i can knock a tasty SW meal up out of that 'nothing' and he is amazed :')
Mission slim goooo!

Cast with my wand using Tinks fairydust *sparkle*

Well done on your 4lb loss Liz, go you . Haha I do that too, hubby still likes his fattening food ie home made chips and fried eggs etc. This week I have resisted Lamb chops with chips eggs beans and onion rings in batter, also lasagne made with sauces from jars and full fat cheese . Whilst hubby and son tucked into these I had stir fry's done in frylight and sweet potato chips with home made tsatziki - I put it on the plate and hubby looked at mine , then said mmmm that looks tasty - TOUGH ITS MINE you were offered the same and didnt want it.

I know I wouldn't have given it a proper go before I was ready to do it for me. I knew for a long while I needed to do this but it wasn't till recently that my self-confidence was enough to even consider it. Knowing I should do it wasn't enough, I needed to want to do it.

Well done on your loss this week btw

Well done, another kiss goodbye to more weight. And yes, you have to be in the right place to succeed. In the zone = success! Fail to prepare is prepare to fail! Plan and read and re read our books, even long timers like me can learn something every day! :) :)

Back