It's been a bad bad week...

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hello everyone... I just wanted some advice...

My WI's are on Tuesdays. This week (the past week) has been week 5 and it has been SO difficult. Before this I have had no problem with no food, ive had no cravings, all I've struggled with is drinking the water.

In the past week the following has happened:

I REALLY wanted some prawns... I have no idea why, i wouldnt even eat them before I started LL, so anyway... I had about 3 and then I was satisfied... and they wasnt even that nice.

On Thursday I went to a leaving party and decided to have a drink... instead of the usual JD and full-fat coke I thought I'd have a healthy option so I had gin and slimline tonic. Well... about 10 of them. I was sat in the pub thinking 'man i want a kebab' but luckily, my willpower told me otherwise... I went home, made a ham sandwich and sat on the sofa (drunk)... took a bite, spat it out and threw the sandwich away.

Since Thursday there have been 1/2 occassions where I have just wanted something, anything... and I have found myself diving into the cupboard and "nibbling" on RITZ crackers (I had 3 today) I have had about another 2/3 spread over the past few days too...

It's really annoying me... I don't feel guilty after I've eaten them but I do want to stop.

Will I have put weight on this week??? :(:(:(:(

Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel. I'm on week 8 and was fine up until now. I could easily do the weekly shop and not be tempted but I found tonight really hard. I'm not tempted by the junk stuff, but I would like something 'nice' to eat. :rolleyes:
My family are in seventh heaven because I'm buying all this lovely food as a substitute for eating it. But the temptation is becoming stronger. I can't wait for the holidays to arrive but a shocking thought occured to me tonight...was I looking forward to the break because I somehow thought that I'd be on a break from the diet?!!! I felt quite fed up when it dawned on me that I'd not be on a break from the diet! :(...However, I've jumped on here to remind me why I'm doing this. Try and think of all the positive things that have happened to you, or been said to you since you started to lose weight. I just think to myself...do I want to lose that. Starting to munch would probably end that to an extent and it's just not worth it.
I love pulling on tops, outfits and knowing that they will fit...better, I've still a 'weigh' to go. :) Waking up in the morning and the idea of having to struggle into clothes not being on my mind.
I had a bagel at the weekend :ashamed0005:...wasn't completely abstinent the last weekend either. Was out of ketosis yesterday!! but thankfully back in today...

It's not an easy diet Claire, and we sometimes trip ourselves up because most days it feels 'easy'...but it's holiday time, mid winter...freezing up here today... but stay strong. You are doing so well, I remember seeing your photos and seeing a big difference in your face.

Even if you have put on a bit of weight, so what...what's a few steps back, when you're going to take a run at it and clear that bloomin' hurdle anyway. Stronger, faster, higher, longer.:superwoman:

hey, thanks judyboots (im assumin ur names judy so ill call u that 4 now!)

It's good to hear someone else is struggling! even though im pretty sure none of us are finding it a walk in the park... I know im doing well and i find it hard not to reward myself. I know they say "find an alternative" but ive always got my nails/hair done etc so i cant use that as a substitute for food!!

I know that "treating" myself with food wont get me anywhere... i came on here to find my feet again as the motivational pics and stuff are always good! Since that photo u saw I've lost another 12lbs or so, so hopefully ill be looking slightly more different too! (the pic on my avatar was taken on my drunken night out last thursday!)

.... As for taking 1 step back..... your right... I'm not going to let it get to me even if it tries... I'M DEFINATELY BACK ON THIS 100% AFTER XMAS... and this definately DOESNT mean that I have the right to pig out over xmas. The thought of it makes me feel sick :) (which is a good thing!) I'm going to stick to the plan 100% and eat on the days that I have given myself "permission" to do so :) :rolleyes:

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss... I see from your ticker your doing well!!! xxxx

I am on week 4 and am struggling. I had a serious mishap last night, my first real one, but I did feel guilty. I have got a very bad cold and I am freezing so off I trotted to the fridge and I wont metion what I ate it is disgusting.

However, today I have put it behind me and my weigh in is tonight. If I havnt lost I have only myself to blame.

BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP, however I will try not to do it again, it was not worth it.

Yep - we've all struggled at sometime. Luckily I've managed to fight my demons and stay abstinent, but some days are easier than others.

I always view it in a very black and white way though - and I have this conversation with myself when I get to this situation.

Question: Will eating this help me reach my goal?

If its one of the 4 foodpacks, the answer is yes.
If its a chocolate bar - the answer is most definitely no - and why on EARTH would I want to sabotage my own hard work? If I'M not on MY side, then who is?

There's always the thought that I'll have to get into ketosis again - and that puts me off - the first 4 days of LL were hell, and I don't want to go through it again!

WELL!!!!!!!!

Just to give all you lovely people an update, it wasnt such a bad week because I lost another 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY I COULD PEE!!!!!!

NOT TILL YOU GET TO THE BATHROOM CLAIRE! Though I suppose if you have a laptop you could post to minimins and pee at the same time, hehehe.

6 lbs??? You are losing so fast, Claire! I'll be lucky if I lose 3 tonight. Well done!

Well done Clare that is great.

I lost 2.4 last night so with my bit of cheat I was really happy with that. After a good discussion with my Councellor really fired up again.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I am in development and also struggling!
My tip is to review your goals and really make them powerful to help you stay on track. Another tip is to think "damage limitation" whats past is past. Maybe you have stalled your weight loss for a few days but if you restart foodpacks only you will be ok and will still have weight loss this week. And perhaps drink extra water every day to help it along.

Back