Its my birthday and i'll cry if I want to.....

slinky1131

So I turn 35 tomorrow. For the first time since I was around 17, I am in control of my eating habits. Only problem is, I am going to miss food soooo much. I'm working tomorrow so we would normally have pizza or a take away tonight in celebration. I don't want the kids to miss out so will let them order anyway. It's times like these that make it hard to enjoy a regime like this. Simple face is, I don't want to eat anything tonight. I'm not even tempted. That's a good thing but I'm scared I'll never trust myself with food again :-(

Hun I know exactly how you feel, its good that ur in control, but I know that it feels so unfair! Just think tho, when ur super slim and feeling great, you can have those special treats like everyone else, and still be in control! I love food! It's such a big social part of life, u have friends over and have a Chinese, u go to friends houses and have pizza, you chill out at the weekend with ur family and have nice food! All this will be available again in the future, but the big difference will be that you will be in control, have the treats but know when to stop, and also you won't feel quilty when you do! Keep at it x

.......................you would cry too if it happened to you !!!! (she sings), well im defo showing my age now !! Im older 39 in April and 40 next year now that is depressing but on the up side I won't be fat and 40!!

Re the food, its good your not tempted tonight. You know, everyone I know who has lost weight and kept it off (very few) always say its about being sensible , everything in moderation, then if you want a blow out just go back to being sensible after. Its about learning when you are full, not over eating and eating the right things ..........EASIER SAID THAN DONE in my case :) xxx

Happy birthday for tomorrow and I'll raise a glass to you (of sparkling water) :)

It was my borthday last weekend (43 though so a few years extra on you!). We were away in London and I went to a restaurant with my husband whilst he ordered himself a lovely meal and I had a great time! I'm coming to realise that food isn't a 'treat' in the same way it used to be to me. As long as I can keep that attitude when I'm finished on the diet I'll be ok! How about treating yourself in a non food way? Could you maybe go out as a family to the cinema or 10 pin bowling? Could you find time for a bit of personal pampering - such as a bubble bath?

Happy b.day...and remember...nothing tastes better than being slim feels.

happy birthday!

i know how this feels - i'm on cambridge, and my birthday was 2 weeks ago. i was a bit sad - but i decided to tell everyone that it was being postponed. this year my birthday will be celebrated on 28th april, when i should be safely at goal.

Back