Its not fair

Springador

I am on S/S and after a week of starving I only lost 4lb, my friend is doing Rosemary Conolly and eats normal food and she lost 6lb.
How can she lose more, and now people are asking me why I bother.

Hi, I know what you mean about being disappointed. One of my housemate does WW and she lost 5.5lbs last week and I only lost 2lbs. At the end of the day you are doing this diet for you, so don't listen to what other people say because people will always talk. Are you drinking enough water? That could be a reason. The other could be water retention i.e. totm. If you have stuck to it 100% there is no way this diet can fail. Stick it out for a second week and see what you lose because it should be much higher.

What I would also suggest is you measure yourself to see if you've lost inches because sometimes you do lose inches even if the scales do not show this.

Ah.... thats so unfair.... but trust me... hold in there.... just wait till next week and I'm sure your loss will overtake hers..... It may just be that you're holding water this week, it does take a little while for the body to adjust to the quantities that we drink and start to flush it out....

Keep ya chin up and keep going.... whatever 4lb is a fab loss, you've done really well.

Jules x

Stick with it and you will soon notice a big difference when you are losing consistently - some people's bodies just aren't ready for 'big' losses ---- it's expected that the average weight loss on a VLCD is a stone a month and you're not going to get that on a Rosemary Conley or ww diet.

Stick at it -- it will soon even out. All I know is that I never lost more than 2lbs a week in my last attempts to do WW and RC, and I certainly never got down as low as I am now. All diets work so long as you stick to them, and CD is the one I am sticking to. Couldn't be bothered with all that shopping, cooking and point counting myself.

dont despair !

stick with it - CD does exactly what it says on the tin (or carton !) - a stone a month :)

keep on keepin on......

Debz xx

I am sticking to it this time, its my 3rd week but my loses are so slow, so far in 3 weeks I have only lost 9lbs in total so unless I lose 5lb next week I wont make that stone. My friend has been doing RC for 2 months and her weight loss so far is 1st-12lbs so quite impressive.

Don't worry Springador (that's such a cool user name)

4lbs is a great loss, I bet you will be one of those people whose losses are small to begin with (while your body adjusts) and then there will be no stopping you. Don't worry although your friend lost 6lbs on RC - she won't keep up with your losses.

Just remain positive, your 3 weeks in & you have done great so far. Even if you don't lose 5lbs next week, the week after you may lose 9lbs. They say on average you lose a stone a month - so next month you maybe your month.

stick at it it will come off it has too x remember everyone is different i keep losing a pound or two each week but its down and thats all i care about at the moment x

Back