ITS NOT

scrumper

Gold Member
FAT
being a size 12 does not mean you are fat ladies you do not have to be a size 6 to be slim
size 6 is skinny and ill

From where I'm standing, size 12 is positively miniscule.

FAT
being a size 12 does not mean you are fat ladies you do not have to be a size 6 to be slim
size 6 is skinny and ill

And it all depends upon your frame. I know women who look incredibly skinny to me, but are a size 12 or even 14 - but their height or frame makes all the difference. I've also seen tiny-framed women who are size 8, but don't look skinny at all.

I think the most important thing is not trying to fit into a particular size number. It's far better to feel healthy and happy with your size and shape, no matter what the number says on your clothing.

Hear Hear!

In my first term at uni - before I had a kitchen - my weight dropped, unintentionally, to 6.5 stone (an astonishingly dangerous BMI, less than 15).

But my dress size was still 12, because of my wide build and short waist.

30 years later I am almost twice that weight - but my dress size has only increased to 14.

I'll never be a 10 - let alone an 8 - without a hip and rib amputation!

- maybe I live in my own little world but I have never even heard it suggsted I don't think (that a 12 is fat) - I think of 12 as a perfect size!

Errrm YES echo that? 12 is not FAT but fairly average? - I now weigh just below 10st (give or take) and I'm a size 12. Possibly a 10 for the bottom (need a belt with most things) and possibly a 14 for the top in the shoulders. Yes there is still some padding on the stomach and thighs but no extra loss of weight will change those main (bony) dimensions for me, however hard I try.
So I am 'my size' now rather than 'my size with padding' which made me 16-18.

FYI PPL ;) (txt spk mch?)

52% of UK women are a size 16 or above ;) read it so it must be true!!

so 12 is a skinny b*atch if ever I saw one ;) x

It really depends on the individual.

I can be a size 12 or 14 and know that given my height I'm not too big and that I don't 'look' too big, but for me, personally, I know that I am more comfortable, more fit and more able if I am smaller.

At the same time I know people shorter than me that may be 'supposed' to wear a size 8, but have a different body type and shape to wear a size 12 better than I ever could because it suits the dimensions of their body.

It really depends on the individual.

I can be a size 12 or 14 and know that given my height I'm not too big and that I don't 'look' too big, but for me, personally, I know that I am more comfortable, more fit and more able if I am smaller.

At the same time I know people shorter than me that may be 'supposed' to wear a size 8, but have a different body type and shape to wear a size 12 better than I ever could because it suits the dimensions of their body.
lol thats me buggered then !!! I look out of shape in whatever I wear ...
when i was 18 a couple of decades ago !! 12 was a wanted size , now it seems to be on the larger end ive been a size 10 and 8 i stil look out of proportion

:eek: Well again, it depends - proprotion works out differently for everyone!
I will be the first person to admit that regardless of how much weight I gain I remain virtually flat chested, even when I was pushing a size 16. I gain weight everywhere else, but never get to a stage where I could be considered curvaceous, there's no hourglass here! This is my incontrovertible evidence that I know I am supposed to be a smaller size, or else my proportion is definitely all wrong :D
I do find myself thinking, there are friends that wear a size 14+ and I wouldn't be unhappy be that size if it looked the same way on me!

Back