It's quiet over here... so I've come to say hi! :D

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
Hellooooooooo all you healthy eaters! :D It's a tadge quiet round here... I hope there's lots of you around?? :)

Well I've jumped across from the calorie counters! I managed to lose 8 stone (from 19st to 11st) counting calories, but in the end became obsessive, burnt off more than I ate at the gym and started a cycle of binge eating... so here I am, probably top end of 11st, and I'm now eating healthy for a while to stop myself from binging and to maintain for a while (rather than ruining everything I've managed to lose up to now!! :) )

I've been keeping a diary, but it's on the calorie counting group... should really bring it across here, I shall do that! :p

Does anyone else keep a diary??

How's everyone else doing?? Pretty pleeeeease can I hear your experiences and attitudes towards healthy eating??

Would be much appreciated!! :)

Hope you're all well! :D

Hi LG,
I've literally just come on to the Healthy eating part of minimins myself.
Well done on your incredible weight loss.
I totally sympathise with the obsession of counting calories and it taking over your life. This is how i've felt for the past year, only constantly flitting from one diet plan to the next.
If i ever have to count one more bloody syn, calorie, point, gram etc i think my head will explode.

So my plan is to just eat as healthily as i can. I'm not even going to weigh myself except very rarely just to check things are moving in the right direction. I am two stones over where i would ideally like to be but for the moment i can live with that, i can still look nice in larger clothing and still pay attention to my hair and makeup.

So that's my plan, just to try and be kind to myself and not caught up in it all.

Today's menu was something like this

B: Porridge with mixed berries and fat free yoghurt
L: 2 x Coffee and walnut cakes (not ideal, but i'm working on it :))
D: Lovely Chicken Stir Fry with loads of mixed veg

Water: hmm,not much, must increase this
Exercise: None for today, must work on this too

Hi LG,
I've literally just come on to the Healthy eating part of minimins myself.
Well done on your incredible weight loss.
I totally sympathise with the obsession of counting calories and it taking over your life. This is how i've felt for the past year, only constantly flitting from one diet plan to the next.
If i ever have to count one more bloody syn, calorie, point, gram etc i think my head will explode.

So my plan is to just eat as healthily as i can. I'm not even going to weigh myself except very rarely just to check things are moving in the right direction. I am two stones over where i would ideally like to be but for the moment i can live with that, i can still look nice in larger clothing and still pay attention to my hair and makeup.

So that's my plan, just to try and be kind to myself and not caught up in it all.

Today's menu was something like this

B: Porridge with mixed berries and fat free yoghurt
L: 2 x Coffee and walnut cakes (not ideal, but i'm working on it :))
D: Lovely Chicken Stir Fry with loads of mixed veg

Water: hmm,not much, must increase this
Exercise: None for today, must work on this too

Aww heyyyyy!!! :D Sooooo glad to see someone else on the healthy eating forum, that sounds so like me!! :D And thankyou :) It's been a LONG journey! :p

I'm LOVING your attitude towards food and the fact that you're not beating yourself up over having cake and not exercising today... everyone else on here does and it's so mentally unhealthy!

Also, we're like the same height/weight :) so will be nice to see how we both get along :)

Have you got any goals or anything like that??

Do you post a diary most days??

It's really great to hear from you!! :)

Ive not been on the site long but i think if anywhere this is the section i belong. Not on any sort of diet where i have to weigh out, count, red and green days or any of that nonsense.. just good ol healthy eating, smaller portions and exercise.. although the exercise has been going a little slow :rolleyes:

Today i had..

b: Low fat natural yoghurt with dried fruits
l: beans on two pieces of ww bread
d: vegi bolognese bake
s: muller low fat yoghurt

Hi LG,
hey, thanks for the response. We must try and post often to get this part of the forum busier. I will track your progress :)
a little about me, well I had a baby two years ago and embarked on a vlcd. It was great I lost 5 stones in about 4 months. I felt so motivated and in control. I started wearing size 10's and really made the effort to look good each day. I loved shopping for new clothes and it was a revelation to discover what suited me after years of being overweight.
Trouble is I think in 90% of any diets, there is a fall out. I started bingeing, felt a huge loss of control and swung between bulimia and bingeing/starving.
It was awful, I really felt like I was losing my mind. I have 3 young children to look after and I am sad to say I felt like I was failing them.
I eventually gained over two stones, I am around 12 stone at the moment, give or take a few pounds. I chucked my scales away eventually.
So I embarked on several diets to get back to 10 stones and failed every single one of them.
It took quite a lot of realising that I couldn't go on like this, everyone around me was suffering. And for what? Even when I was at my goal weight I still picked fault in myself and critisised my chunky thighs and small boobies...I'm a natural pear shape so carry all my weight on my lower half.

I have had a few weeks of eating exactly what I want, trouble is my mind will always tell me I want chips and cake so am focusing on trying to eat as healthily as I can.

I'm a self confessed lazy bum, so will try to build on my fitness slowly too.

Well that's me laid bare. Kind of feels good letting it all out.

My goals are just to try and live a healthier lifestyle.

What are your goals? What do you find keeps you motivated?

Hi flux, your menus look good x

Ive not been on the site long but i think if anywhere this is the section i belong. Not on any sort of diet where i have to weigh out, count, red and green days or any of that nonsense.. just good ol healthy eating, smaller portions and exercise.. although the exercise has been going a little slow :rolleyes:

Today i had..

b: Low fat natural yoghurt with dried fruits
l: beans on two pieces of ww bread
d: vegi bolognese bake
s: muller low fat yoghurt

Heyyyy Flux! :)

Nice to hear someone else is just taking food for what it is... FOOD! Not points, calories, syns etc etc! :)

How are you finding it?? Are you getting good losses??

Your menu sounds yummy! :p

Hello all,

Yes I agree with all of the above and think the good old healthy eating / exercise is the way forward! Be good for us to support each other! :D

Good luck with the weight loss x x

Hi everyone! Long time no speak, I know, sorry! :rolleyes:

I had a bit of a wake up call last night, so I'm no longer trying to lose weight, but I'm going to try and maintain for a while by healthy eating and get back to it in the new year...

Today I had...

B= Porridge (200)
S= Apple (50)
L= Egg white omlette with mushrooms (130), caramel snack a jacks (100) and 2 satsumas (50)
T= Beans on toast (300), vanilla light ice cream with mincemeat mixed through (200)
S= Some marshmallows (100 cals)
S= Porridge (200)

Total = about 1400 cals :)

I'm a calorie counter at heart :p So I'm always cautious of the cals!

Fingers crossed this is my start to a new healthy and happy relationship with myself and food :)

How's everyone else doing?? Brilliantly I'm sure! :p :)

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's around on here but wanted to pop down what I had anyways :)

B= Porridge (200)
S= Mini iced finger (120)
Sugar free marshmallows (80)
Apple (50)
2 sponge fingers (50)
T= Egg white omlette with mushrooms and extra light mayo (120)
Walls light ice cream with lemon curd mixed through (180)
Small cupcake (200)
S= 60g fruit & fibre with 150ml skimmed milk (270)
Raspberry tart weight watchers yoghurt (60)

Total = 1350 ish :)

Not the healthiest of food, but fine on calories! :) Plus, I'm maintaining anyways, not set out to lose :)

Last edited:
Hello Lozzy,

I'm on the healthy club too (except on weekends, hehe) and I have a diary as well, it's on the members only diaries, I'm mantaining as well:)

x

Hi - Lozzy Gozzy - do the egg-white omelettes turn out OK? I remember attempting one once when I was doing a very low-fat diet, but it looked so repulsive I couldn't eat it.

Back