It's the least wonderful time of the year..

The Punisher

Following my disasterous stint on Weight watchers ( 18 months on and off plan and only 7lbs lost) and the few days I lasted on Slim Fast, I've been snooping around the SW section for a week or 2 now and I have to say, I'm quite tempted to give it a try.
It all seems a wee bit too good to be true, that I can pile my plate high with pasta or chicken and still lose weight-but I'm loving the idea!
A friend is loaning me the books to have a proper read-I'm too broke to join at the minute (yes I know it's only £10 but I've been VERY irresponsible with my wages this month) and also a bit wary after wasting so much money on WW meetings.
It may be a silly time to start a new plan, what with parties etc.. But as I'm sat here unable to breathe comfortably in my very tight trousers, I can't help but think that it's worth a sacrifice or 2 in order to have many skinny xmases to come!
so yeah, just wanted to sat hi, and warn you that I may have some questions soon!

Welcome to the board :)
Slimming Worls is great and I would'nt even call it a diet. I feel like I am eating normally and losing weight on top. This is most definately a foodie "diet." You can choose from loads of "free" foods and it's these foods that fill you up. Free foods include pasta, potatoes meat etc..... depending on what day you're on. On top of that you have your measured healthy extras such as milk, cheese and bread etc. Then if that isn't enough, you can have between 5 - 15 syns a day..... example a curly wurly bar is about 6 syns :)

This is just a taster of slimming world. Read the books your friend gave you and keep an eye on this forum. You'll get loads of recipe ideas. I'm having pork, roast potatoes and loads of veg tonight. It's only the gravy I have to syn :)

Good luck
Hayley xx

i think anytime is a good time to join sw but as long as you can keep an eye on things over the christmas period. i know im going to find it difficult to resist the goodies that people bring into work so im going to prepare lots of chopped fruit so that when i get in from work ive got stuff ready to eat, also we have stopped buying in junk foods so if we want anything we have to go to the shop... and who really wants to go out in the cold and rain just for some chocolate??? not me! lol
good luck with it... im also doing it from home and will gladly give u a kick up the bum if needed... as long as you kick me too hehehe x

SW really work. Have a good read at all the food diaries and see how much people have lost.
It really is a fantastic eating plan. Give it a whirl. You have nothing to lose except a lot of weight!
Good luck!

Hello hello!!

I also gave WW a go, I did it online for 14 months & also only lost 7lbs :(

Ive been doing SW since March & I love it. There's such a variety of free food without having to count any. I have friends who say they wont try it because they wont lose weight by eating lots of pasta, potatoes etc. I say to them don't diss it til you've tried it ;)

Look into it & give it your best shot to get your head around it (I found a few weeks in I really understood what I could have on red/green).

Keep us posted! x

Hello hello!!

I also gave WW a go, I did it online for 14 months & also only lost 7lbs :(

Ive been doing SW since March & I love it. There's such a variety of free food without having to count any. I have friends who say they wont try it because they wont lose weight by eating lots of pasta, potatoes etc. I say to them don't diss it til you've tried it ;)

Look into it & give it your best shot to get your head around it (I found a few weeks in I really understood what I could have on red/green).

Keep us posted! x

Lisa, I have had the same! Being told what I am doing is wrong as I have eat very little in the evenings blah blah blah! Rubbish I say LOL

The proof is in the pudduing and I am the proof ;)

Hello! I also tried WW and just didn't lose on it - I've just found my old card recently and in 9 weeks I lost just 4 pounds and gained and lost throughout most of that time! I've been doing SW for 9 weeks and lost 9 pounds - if you love your food, like me, SW is fab and def a lifestyle choice and not a diet xxx

Geezum you guys replied quickly! Thanks so much.
It's settled, my friend's gonna bring the books in, I'm going to give it a try for in the run up to xmas. I can't see me gaining a lot over the holidays. I'm at work so I can control my snacking. i don't like turkey, don't really like gravy, ice cream, mince pies, puddings etc.... Gimme a gammon steak and cheesy mash on xmas day and I'll be happy! :drool: :giggle:

Woop welcome to SW!! I too tried WW several times and lost at the most 9lbs... i'vebeen doing SW since June (with a couple of breaks) and lost 32lbs. I eat LOADS of pasta and cheese... it works! Lol.

Enjoy your new eating plan, and ask away!! xx

Blimey.
Unfortunately, WW is the ONLY diet I ever reached target on. I hated it, but may ahve to go back to it, cos I've lost zilch on 3 months of SW. When I think about it logically, it's hardly surprising, I'm consumeing more calories than I was before. Really hope it works for you. It is great, just wish it worked for me.

Lydna

Hi welcome along!

SW is great you just need to adjust your thinking - espescially if you have done WW before. There are lots of different ways of loosing weight and al of them suit different people/lifestyles. This is the one we have chosen and it works for us. If you are determined and organised and in the right head space to do this come on in. we will all be happy to help.

Good luck! SW is the only thing that works for me too!

Following my disasterous stint on Weight watchers ( 18 months on and off plan and only 7lbs lost) and the few days I lasted on Slim Fast, I've been snooping around the SW section for a week or 2 now and I have to say, I'm quite tempted to give it a try.
It all seems a wee bit too good to be true, that I can pile my plate high with pasta or chicken and still lose weight-but I'm loving the idea!
A friend is loaning me the books to have a proper read-I'm too broke to join at the minute (yes I know it's only £10 but I've been VERY irresponsible with my wages this month) and also a bit wary after wasting so much money on WW meetings.
It may be a silly time to start a new plan, what with parties etc.. But as I'm sat here unable to breathe comfortably in my very tight trousers, I can't help but think that it's worth a sacrifice or 2 in order to have many skinny xmases to come!
so yeah, just wanted to sat hi, and warn you that I may have some questions soon!

I'm a former WW and btw Sw is better no more bloody weighing every ounce of morsel you eat! tandori chicken with rice piled high as the sky and free!! i can send you the PDF files of all the plan and all the bits u need to get started if u want me too!

Yeah thats very true starlight, i didnt mean WW to be a bad thing at all! i used to love it! i lost 2 stone with them but put it bk on.

I have an uber busy lifestyle and my bf (altho wanting to lose weight) Is a little lazy and refused to count for himself, so i had to do 2 lots of counting, hence the fact i find it difficult doing WW.

Plus with out those WW books my handbag does feel lighter...

Back