Its the silliest things that catch you out!

I was tempted by Walkers chilli and chocolate crisps yesterday but couldn't find the sdyn value so ignored them - how saintly am I?
I fed them to hubby incase I weakened!

Chilli and chocolate crisps?! Not heard of those, they sound interesting. Syns are really easy to work out, if an item contains no free food, it's approximtely 1 syn per 20 cals... eg:

KitKat - 107 cals - 5.5 syns

French Fries - 83 cals - 4 syns

Krispy Kreme Original glazed - 200 cals - 10 syns

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Original Glazed Doughnut each

red.gif
Original 10 Syns
green.gif
Green 10 Syns

Rolos - 247 cals - 15 syns

Milky Way - 118 cals - 6 syns

Mr Kipling lemon slice - 120 cals - 6 syns

Cadbury chocolate finger biscuit - 30 cals - 1.5 syns

And so on and so on... It's only different if the item contains free food, eg: a cheese and ham chicken kiev from Asda contains approximately 250 cals but only counts for 9 syns on a red day as you are given an allowance for the chicken. The same principle applies to things like prepackaged salads and layered Mullerlights and so on.

Last edited:
KitKat - 107 cals - 5.5 syns

THat's a 2 finger one isn't it? Just making sure as I have been counting the 4 finger ones as 11 and didn't want to think I'd been over-counting!

THat's a 2 finger one isn't it? Just making sure as I have been counting the 4 finger ones as 11 and didn't want to think I'd been over-counting!

Yeah it's for a two finger one. A four finger one is actually 11.5 as it is 214 cals!

Yeah it's for a two finger one. A four finger one is actually 11.5 as it is 214 cals!

OK, thanks for that. :) Not the sort of mistake that's going to have cost me much over time I don't think, I don't have them often!

I'd never realised that, thanks Amber! A great guide...

I was tempted by Walkers chilli and chocolate crisps yesterday but couldn't find the sdyn value so ignored them - how saintly am I?
I fed them to hubby incase I weakened!

they're bloody horrible, so you didn't miss out there. i love my crisps but i even spat out the fish and chip flavour ones - they taste very kippery!

Back