Its time to start dieting when.....

As someone with as big sense of humour as dress size I have never failed to laugh at my self and see the lighter side of life

So do you have an amusing story to share about your kick start into dieting or any other cringe worthy moment where you just had to laugh at yourself (only if you did see the funny side this thread is not meant to embarrass or shame)

Here's mine (there are many others I'll share if others play along)

I was sat in the bath, I had decided to jump in as the bath was filling so as the water rapidly reached there the top i turned off the taps and my 14yo dd came to sit in the bathroom to talk to me (I haven't taken a bath alone in bloody years)

After a couple of minutes of chatting she said "mum, you do realise there is no water behind you!!"

OMG I had become a human dam!!! And when i released the trapped water it needed topping up somewhat!! Needless to say this was "the moment" but still makes me giggle!

Very funny story poor you, kids dont wrap it up do they? LOL

Haha, I've done that but the opposite way! I sat in the bath while the water was going down the plug hole, then when I got up the water that had stayed behind me all rushed out. We have a shower room now so I won't be doing that anymore!

After I had my son I couldn't fit in our bath, it was a small bath but still nothing worse then actually not being able to have a bath because your too big to get in it :/

especially when everyone kept telling me to bath with this and that in the water to help my stitches, I didn't want to admit to anyone that I couldn't have a bath because I couldn't get in!

That first post made me laugh so badly. I do that lots :)

Health is my motivator, no funny story.... i just don't like feeling like a beach ball or having no energy :)

hurleymurley said:
Haha, I've done that but the opposite way! I sat in the bath while the water was going down the plug hole, then when I got up the water that had stayed behind me all rushed out. We have a shower room now so I won't be doing that anymore!

Thankfully this doesn't happened any more 1. Because I have managed to shift enough weigh up to now so it doesn't and 2. I always turn round just in case!!!!

So here's funny story no.2 not weight related but every bit as cringeworthy

When my two eldest children were little I decided to take them along to the doctors for my depot injection, my son was due to have a jab himself around that time so I wanted to demonstrate there was nothing to it.

They had asked at some point what it was for and as they were aged 4&7 I told them in the most child friendly way possible. Much to their amusement I was asked to lower my trousers so the nurse could jab me at the top of my thigh.

Sitting in the bus home (a full, nay heaving bus I may add) my 7yo daughter decided to tell a lady that had the misfortune of sitting near us (and everyone in earshot) "my mummy has it in her bum so she doesn't have any more kids!"

W T F everyone stopped and stared at us well me!!........thanks a bunch sweetie pie!

So here's funny story no.2 not weight related but every bit as cringeworthy

When my two eldest children were little I decided to take them along to the doctors for my depot injection, my son was due to have a jab himself around that time so I wanted to demonstrate there was nothing to it.

They had asked at some point what it was for and as they were aged 4&7 I told them in the most child friendly way possible. Much to their amusement I was asked to lower my trousers so the nurse could jab me at the top of my thigh.

Sitting in the bus home (a full, nay heaving bus I may add) my 7yo daughter decided to tell a lady that had the misfortune of sitting near us (and everyone in earshot) "my mummy has it in her bum so she doesn't have any more kids!"

W T F everyone stopped and stared at us well me!!........thanks a bunch sweetie pie!

Haha that's great, bless you

I take my little one to my injections to, he's never asked what its for though. He is a little obsessed with watching the needles go in, last time the nurse was really taken off guard as he got right up staring at it. He did the same when he has his injections to be fair though. I've asked him why he likes it and he just says he does. I said he might end up being a doctor or a nurse..... he told me no he's going to be iron man lol

Back