Its time :) UPDATE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

shelleyzeus

After a long hard think ive decided to give this diet ago.
I went to my chemist this morning and they have accepted me to go on the program so i start tomorrow morning.
I stopped smoking in november last year and sinve then the weight has piled on and because ive been depressed ive been drinking ALOT of larger at night which then causes me to snack.
Im so desperate to loose this weight its making me even more depressed, when i stopped smoking i joined a forum like this one and they helped me through it, so im really hoping i can get the support from this forum that i need and il give it back as much as i can.
My big downfall is the drinking beer so im just hoping i can push myself through it.
Im so glad there is a forum like this where we can all help eachother. Thanx everyone :0)

Last edited:
Hi chicken and welcome to the forum :)

This forum really is the best, it's like my 2nd home but online!!! I am constantly here and i am restarting LT tomorrow to get to my ultimate goal.

Just keep yourself occupied, drink plenty of water, atleast 2litres and this should help with any hunger pangs (if you get them that is).

Welcome again and good luck :D

My second home too ..
good luck this week its hard but really worth it ..

debz x

hey good luck hun. :)

Hi Shelley!

Welcome to LT! This forum is a lifeline, it truly is amazing. There is always someone here to listen, support or advise in times of need. I keep saying this but I'll say it again - It should be printed on the LT bag!

You sound determined, and that's basically all you need. The first few days can be nasty but they pass so quickly, and the next thing you know you'll be bursting with energy and a few stone lighter and the initial few days will be a distance memory.

If you need any help, advice, support at all then pop on here and you'll find that everyone in here is in the same boat, and most probably have been through the same thing.

Good luck and look forward to you posting!

Welcome to the forum & LT!! This forum is a Godsend at the beginning of the diet; it's tough at first, but, it's totally worth it!

Good luck for your first week :)

Hannah

this is really normal hun - your pallet is used to all sorts of tastes and flavours, but pretty soon it will forget how things taste and the shakes become enjoyable!

techniques for getting down them include, blend with loads of ice, or make it very thin (although this obviously makes lots of shake to drink) or mix it thick and get it down you as quickly as you can!

i hope you find the other flavours better. i find the strawberry & vanilla too sweet and only have the chocolate shake.

chin up babe, it's so worth it! xxx

I could only take them with 2 sweeteners and lots of crushed ice (like a milkshake), but lots mix them with coffee which helps apparently (I don't like coffee unfortunately!)

i only have the chocolate now.
did start with choc and strawberry but don't like it much now.
your tastes will change and you'll get used to them.
i thought they were gross at first but i look forward to my choc shake now x

Yep, pretty much what everyone else has said - they don't taste too nice to start with but become more palatable with each drink. I also add a spoonful of coffee with each drink which tends to make them all taste like mocha or latte coffee. Adding ice and a tablet sweetener also helps no end. If your not a fan of them all tasting like coffee, try varying the amount so that there is just a hint of coffee.

Good luck and stick with it as it definitely gets a lot easier in quite a short amount of time.

Also, congratulations on giving up smoking - that's a heck of an achievement in it's own right! You obviously have the willpower to do this, just be patient in the early days.

-Pete.

Oh by the way, about the beer situation, I was worried about the same thing. Try and either not put yourself in that situation, which is obvisously easier said than done, but if you can't as I did on two occasions, it's not hard at all drinking water all night - and I never thought I would have heard myself say that! - and it can be quite funny watching people getting progressively more drunk as the night goes on! You will also be the one who will remember everything the next day!

I prefer the sparkling water as I felt it made me fuller, even if it was only in my mind. Just beware of the barmen adding lemon to your drinks - it's easy to start drinking without noticing!

-Pete.

Yep i too echo everyone else. Your pallet will change but for now you shouldnt give up its only day one and so try the other flavours.

Try mixing (like pete said) coffee with the chocolate and vanilla. Peppermint tea with the chocolate. how about having half chocolate, half vanilla (just split the sachets) or how about making the chocolate one hot? be creative, but only with things that are allowed :)

Personally i only have the chocolate shake and i make it with 300mls of ice cold water ... yummy :)

i can only echo everyone else - try them all, in the different (allowed!) combinations.

i recently tried choc strawb but wasn't impressed, though someone kindly suggested trying 1/4 choc to 3/4 strawb which may be better.

I also had for the first time in months, the hot latte which (while i can't taste it cos i have horrid cold) felt really nice.

I normally like them best with tonnes of crushed ice and definitely no sweeteners for me - unless they are hot in which case weirdly i think they need one!

Ive been to the chemist and changed my milkshakes over and ive just had the chocolate one for my tea and it was awful i ended up downing it and was nearly sick, im really hoping this gets better.
Im going to try the vanilla and the soup tmoz, ive managed to get my 2 litres of water down me so thats one good thing, i wouldnt say im hungry at all im just more craving stuff or thinking 'this time yesturday i was eating a jacket potato':sigh: please let it get easier:eek:

It does get easier! A few days and you will be in Ketosis and you will start to feel great :)

Like the others have said on here, crushed ice makes them sooooo much better! I can't drink them with tap water, but with some ice mixed in they're totally transformed!!

I like to make a bit of a treat of my evening choccy one and blitz it with ice in the blender, and serve it in a nice tall glass with some ice cubes and a straw!! feels like i'm having something naughty to round off the day!!

xx

Back