It's true - you eat rubbish and you feel rubbish........

All I can say is I totally agree with everything here. I had a really bad time last weekend - I'd been sitting at home with a stinking cold for several days, and ended up caving in to 3 takeaway nights in a row plus snacks from the corner shop. I think all of my self control must have just left me for about 3 days, but I felt soo awful on Sunday even after my cold had actually cleared up. really bad heartburn, indigestion, feeling lazy and lethargic, but found it impossible to sleep properly too. The old saying is totally true "You are what you eat!". I think I must have gained a few lbs doing all of that too - I feel quite disappointed in myself about it for not being able to hold back :(

stivesliz said:
Well despite last week being the one I made a fresh start it all went downhill as from Friday. You name it, I ate it and I am feeling absolutely horrendous!

Prior to losing weight I constantly had heartburn, acid reflux, a taste of sick in my throat that I could never get rid of and because this last few days I have just basically been shovelling crap food into myself the memories have come flooding back that that's how I used to feel ALL the time EVERY day and I hate it!

I lay awake in bed last night with such bad heartburn that I barely got any sleep and today I am tired, lethargic and grumpy.

I KNOW that after a couple of days back on track then i will feel better again so wish me luck. x

Oooh this does bring back memories for me as well..bad ones

Also seriously bad skin which is now much improved due to better food!

I really sympathise with when it all just goes to pot. Bench, I'm sure you know yourself not to focus on what's already happened and stay in the here and now - even a few days' relapse can't put you back to square one, it's always repairable as long as you get straight on the bandwagon again.

I had a potentially awful night last night but fought SO hard with myself not to cave in. I'm also working a nasty cold, I was run ragged all day long (typical day mind you, I'm a mum of three lol) and some things happened that really annoyed me and left me feeling massively stressed. I also didn't get enough to eat during the day. Made a lovely tea which was still within syns even though it felt really naughty lol, then WHAM. That urge to just go to the kitchen and eat anything gripped me like a fecking vice. I was mentally running through all the things I could have if I just let myself. Eugh. But, this morning I can happily say I DID NOT GIVE IN! I knew it was stress and tiredness making me want to binge and told myself that food wouldn't help at all. I just tucked myself up on the sofa with a blanket and chilled out with the tv to try and forget it...not easy, but soon enough I fell asleep and forgot all about bingeing lol. Woke up this morning with pure dread at first thinking I'd let myself go, then realised I hadn't and had the biggest sigh of relief...if I'd binged last night believe me I'd be sat here all weekend stuffing my face.

I really sympathise with when it all just goes to pot. Bench, I'm sure you know yourself not to focus on what's already happened and stay in the here and now - even a few days' relapse can't put you back to square one, it's always repairable as long as you get straight on the bandwagon again.

I had a potentially awful night last night but fought SO hard with myself not to cave in. I'm also working a nasty cold, I was run ragged all day long (typical day mind you, I'm a mum of three lol) and some things happened that really annoyed me and left me feeling massively stressed. I also didn't get enough to eat during the day. Made a lovely tea which was still within syns even though it felt really naughty lol, then WHAM. That urge to just go to the kitchen and eat anything gripped me like a fecking vice. I was mentally running through all the things I could have if I just let myself. Eugh. But, this morning I can happily say I DID NOT GIVE IN! I knew it was stress and tiredness making me want to binge and told myself that food wouldn't help at all. I just tucked myself up on the sofa with a blanket and chilled out with the tv to try and forget it...not easy, but soon enough I fell asleep and forgot all about bingeing lol. Woke up this morning with pure dread at first thinking I'd let myself go, then realised I hadn't and had the biggest sigh of relief...if I'd binged last night believe me I'd be sat here all weekend stuffing my face.

Well done and mucho kudos for not giving in! You have major reasons to be proud!!
I, however, did give in, and feel like utter s***e and am so angry with myself, when will i bloody learn?!

It is definately very true, so why do we (by that i mean me, as i obviously don't listen to myself) keep doing it?

Glad you feeling better hun xx

I do think coming on here & admitting what you've done helps, otherwise you can pretend it doesn't happen.

Pixi-gem today is another day & just move on & do your best, you'll get there in the end:D

Pixie-gem trust me, I could all too easily be sitting here today beating myself up, and even if I was I'd be telling myself what I'll tell you.

If you feel like crap today, think 'flush it out'. Drink water, eat good clean food and do NOT think about yesterday. It's gone now. Vow to make that one step today and I promise by tomorrow you'll feel that the slip up has been cancelled/balanced out.

If you feel yourself slipping today, step back for a moment and ask yourself if its really worth it. What is it that's making you slip back? Identify the real problem and ask yourself if food will fix it. Just focus on today, not tomorrow.

Back