ITV - The Fattest Man In Britain

minn_82

Looks really good and if anything should help keep us from the mince pies for tonight, lol.

Not too sure, the tv guide says:

If you're worried about gaining the odd pound over the next few days, this should put things in perspective. It's a great, wobbling tale of about a Rochdale man who's so obese he becomes a tourist attraction. Timothy Spall plays warm-hearted giant Georgie Godwin; his agent Maurice (Bobby Ball at his most terrifying) charges foreign tourists to line up in Georgie's front room and hear him sing bad karaoke. The script is co-written by Caroline Aherne and has her characteristic mix of broad comedy larded with touching moments. The opening scenes rely too heavily on caricatures, but stick around and things warm up. Music by Badly Drawn Boy lends the whole thing a poignancy the script doesn't always manage, but by the end you're left with the lingering feeling that you've seen a modern fable.

I enjoyed that , made you take note about over eating ... and thought it was funny and sad ...

I cried and cried!! Am I just soppy? Brilliant. The ned seemed a bit too 'happy ever after'. If only. But there you go. I just love Bobby Ball, just wsh I could not laugh when he cries.

Lynda

I watched it, it was good made me laugh and cry, was also very touched by the underlying story of georgie

Back