Iv taken THE step!

Hayley85

Iv never actually been that bothered by my weight, i was always a petite size 8/10 until i had my first child in 2006, i ballooned up to a size 16/18 and have been this way ever since! I went Tescos Monday and had a go on the scales thing in there, i dont actually own a pair of scales myself as iv always gone off how my clothes feel, and have a husband that compliments me 24/7 regardless of how i look so iv never actually taken a long hard look at myself as such! The scales then printed off the receipt to reveal my weight & BMI along with my fat %, it hit home that i needed to make changes. So lastnight i took the big step and walked into my local slimming world group! Even tho im big, iv always felt fit, it hasnt stopped me running around with my children, but the results from them scales made me think, i may not have problems now, but in a year or two i could have! Im gonna change for me & my health, nobody else & this morning i woke up with a clear head and ready to start a whole new life! Iv also signed up to Zumba which i start on monday too so that may also help with the slimming - if i can do it that is!

Well done on taking the first step!

I was always a skinny Minnie too, but realized recently that I've been overweight for nearly TEN tears! I don't quite know how that happened!

I keep a food diary on here and really find that it helps, as I can't deny eating things... And it's amazing already (6 weeks on) to look back at how far I've come. It's really keeping me motivated.

Good luck, and enjoy the new you :)

Thanks hun. Iv just logged my first food diary on here, hopefully that will help and then maybe if i dont do so well, others can point me in the right direction as to where i may of gone wrong!

I wish you all the luck too x

Welcome to Minis, good luck with sw and Zumba! :)

I feel for you girls. I've always been a size 2. But had emotional eating when my boyfriend for years and I broke up. I don't want going out with my friends or family. I just wanted to stay at home.. alone. And all I do then is eat.

Now I came to realization that I'm no longer healthy. I look awful. :-( I am so sad. But hey, I found support here and got inspired with all the success stories I read in the net.

Good Luck to all of us. Hayley > WELCOME!

well i didnt end up going zumba this morning! had a few problems with my son so i had to miss it! *hmph* looks like il be starting it next week instead!

Back