Green Day i've asked this before but........

Chop onions and crush garlic (if you want to!), fry these- in Frylight of course, add the chopped sweet potatoes and move around the pan to sweat a bit! Add vegetable stock to cover the veg by about an inch, throw in some S&P, bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour- actually if you're just using sweet potatoes they are very quick to cook so you could probably do it in half an hour! Put in a blender and whizz up!! Or if you want it chunky you can use a potato masher to mash it up a bit but keep some texture! I like to put a bit of chilli in mine as it balances really nicely with the sweetness of the SP! Infact, my favourite soup of all is....... Butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, onion, root ginger, garlic, fresh chillis, cumin, bacon!! The flavours are awesome!! I frylight the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and bacon first, then add the cumin, then all the main veg, stir around for a while to sweat etc etc (as above). I cook this for about 1 hour! I can't praise it enough!!X

Try either doing a search for your previous thread, or

Click on your screename in any other post you have made and select the "find more posts" option and this will list all your previous messages.

Back