I've blown week 2....

looby1003

Hi all, well I've got a confession to make. I've just been out for a meal-yes meal! with my hubby :eek: :ashamed0005:. The thing is, we have a serious lack of babysitters and haven't had any time together (ie a night out) since June. Well a few days ago my mum noticed thats I've been feeling down (due to diet, having a cold, stressed with work and kids etc) and she offered to have them for a couple of hours tonight
(even though she has alot on her plate looking after my nan)

Hubby really wanted a meal together, and I thought,ok I'll just stick to protein and cut a shake out. I ordered steamed cod, which came with salad and chips. Well I had half the bloody chips didnt I ggrrr :(. Then he convinced me to have an Archers and lemonade (my favourite) so basically I've cocked this week up. just got in and jumped on the scales and I've put 3lb on since this morning :eek:. On the plus side, we had a lovely time and it was just what we needed, and wont get the chance again until December so I had to make the most of it (thats my excuse anyway lol). Onwards and upwards tomorrow though. Going to get back to it 100% tomorrow.
Just had to get that off my chest lol...
Lou x

At the end of the day Looby, any diet has to fit with your life and its hard enough without feeling like you let yourself down. So you enjoyed a one off meal with your OH. I hope you really did enjoy it and then get straight back on track and hopefully no harm done. Weight loss and maintenence is a long term thing we are all human good luck and hope you had some quality time together xxx

Whoops!!! lol

Sometimes i think we have to make a decision with this diet.. Although the idea is to be TFR all the time, it can be so very hard to stick to... If it gets to the stage where the diet, as well as other things in your life, are getting to you and making you feel down, i think we should do what is right for us at the time. As long as you don't make a habit of it, put it down to experience, learn from it, and move on...

Sounds yummy though!! lol x x

Thanks Daisy and Su :) Yeh I really enjoyed it, but I got full really quickly (couldn't have finished the rest of the chips even if I'd tried lol). I know my weigh in result wont be as good now this week, but bring on week 3!! :D The good news is, I went out in a pair of jeans that I couldn't get on a couple of weeks ago and hubby kept telling me how nice I looked :bananalove:

You're right Su, sometimes we just need to do it, I certinly wont be making a habit of it though lol...I'm getting used to losing weight too much! :D

Daisy and Su speak a lot of sense - sometimes you just have to go with normal life! I'm going away with my OH for 2 nights in a week, and I KNOW I will be eating when we're away. He has been so incredibly supportive throughout this diet, NEVER suggesting going out for meals or moaning that we can't, and he's even chosen not to have take-aways on a number of occasions because I can't, but a big part of a holiday is going out in the evenings and having a nice meal. I know I won't have a good loss, but I am getting close to goal now and I know a couple of days off will give me the break I need to then get stuck back in for the last bit!

Hi looby1003

How lovely to have a well deserved meal out with hubby :candledinner:...its things like that that bond us in our partnership, and are important.
At the moment I am living like a hemit in a cave and wonder if its altogether good...hmmmm. But needs must, I'm doing LT until Xmas to shift a bit of the mountain...then onto SlimmingWorld or whatever so I can live a more 'realistic' life...you have to re-join the human race at some time...lol!!
Just get straight back on track and I'm sure you will be fine.

Thanks Cheryl. After nearly 14 years of marriage we need all the help we can get to keep the spark alive lol so couldn't turn down the chance of a few hours on our own..was just bad timing lol! Was lovely though. Back on track today and half a litre of water down already.
You keep up the good work hun, you're doing great and christmas will be here before you know it and you'll feel fab when all your hard work has paid off :)
Lou xx

Well done on getting back on track Lou .... I am really glad that you enjoyed your meal x x

Back