I've bought a dress

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Guru, 16 October 2009.

1. Guru

Guru Well-Known Member

It's the first dress I've bought since I was 13 years old. With the exception of my wedding dress.

I am going to wear it to a black tie do on Tuesday and I feel very ladylike and feminine in it. Instead of feeling like the fat frump in trousers.

Size 20, which while still not brilliant is a considerable improvement on size 24.
    Mini likes this.
  2. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

OMG we all want pictures, i know it!! bet you will look the belle of the ball :D
  3. lunar jim

lunar jim Well-Known Member

Cool! What's it look like?
  4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

How very exciting for you!!!

Love Mini xxx
  5. Guru

Guru Well-Known Member

Hehe will take a pic on the night. It is this dress and shrug to hide my fat arms:

I got my CDC to take a photo of me at weigh in yesterday. I'm so disheartened at not having lost much the last five weeks I want to see if I actually look any different. As soon as she emails it to me along with the photo from week 1 I'll post it up.
    Mini likes this.
  6. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Hey well done Guru.

The hard work and dedication is paying off!! Great.
  7. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

I was amazed when I looked at photos because I couldnt believe how different I was, I bet you will feel the same :D Beautiful dress you will look stunning! love the little jacket where is it from?
  8. lunar jim

lunar jim Well-Known Member

Very nice! You'll look great, you know it
  9. Guru

Guru Well-Known Member

10. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Lovely, lovely dress and shrug Guru, you will feel so elegant and feminine.
    It is so long since I dressed up for a ball - for a friend's graduation from medical school, would love to have another opportunity. Have a great time x
  11. enlightenme2

enlightenme2 Well-Known Member

Hey Guru, nice dress!!! I still don't feel ladylike enough to wear a dress... and come to think of it, I don't think I ever will (too many dresses in my youth?!? :rolleyes:) but at least I know I look good in my size 16 pants which are about to become 14s in about 2 weeks (another trip to NY)!
  12. AlexIce

AlexIce Well-Known Member

Guru, the dress is lovely and you've made great progress. I hope you have a wonderful night!
  13. mrsessex

mrsessex Well-Known Member

You'll look lovely :)

You'' have a shock when you see what you looked like before. my CDC showed me couple of weeks ago of when i first started..i looked a tramp...couldnt believe that was me or how id let myself get like that!!! and i thought i looked ok'ish!!
  14. *Shelley*

*Shelley* Well-Known Member

The dress and shrug are lovely, you will look fab in them.
  15. charley24

charley24 Well-Known Member

That is wonderful Guru, it is a big achievement to be attending a party in a dress 2 sizers smaller - look how far you have come ! Hope you have a wonderful time and show us some pics of you looking glam !
  16. vickiabd

vickiabd Well-Known Member

hey guru the dress looks fab am sure u will lovely in it.
  17. parisbeach

parisbeach Well-Known Member

bet you well look fab in that dress,

i wearing a dress on wednesday the first time in many years, as i a smart trouser person normally, bet to make sure my legs in tiptop condition lol
  18. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Guru, you will look fab... what a milestone!

19. Guru

Guru Well-Known Member

I wore it last night and here it is.....no full length shot but I felt great in it!

20. bmthsue

bmthsue Well-Known Member

Gorgeous dress & shrug - you look fabulous!