I've eaten!!!! Food description, don't look if you're hungry!!

I posted that at the same time as you - so it sounds like I ignored your previous post, but I just didn't see it

There was a warning! You didn't have to look! We all cope with this diet in different ways and if this is how Zobo has done it, then that's really up to her. This forum is here to enable us to discuss what we want and if that is Zobo pleased that even with a cheat she's managed to get straight back on the diet, then she is free to do that and if she's warned us then that's fair enough. I think we all know that coming off the diet comes with risk and we all have to think carefully about the decisions we make before we do them as everyone is diifferent in how we cope and react to the diet.

I am sorry, I don't wanna have a go, but I think it's a bit harsh of you to have a go at Zobo when she has clearly warned what she was talking about.

I respect people's opinions, but noone seems to understand mine isn't about the food mention lol... Saying things like 'you didn't have to look' has nothing to do with my point.

So never mind.. I tried explaining 3x but I guess I can't explain it clear enough for people to get my point.

How is me cheating affecting what other people decide to do? It is an open forum, & as far as I'm aware I am well within the rules. Or are we not allowed to talk about cheating.

how am I "getting" people to say "go me". I've not got a gun to their heads!

Plus there were not going to be any surprises as to what was in the thread as it says so in the title! So you didn't need to read it & neither does anyone else!

So many people beat themselves up when they cheat, or have a small blip. I don't feel like that, & I'm just letting others know that if you do have a blip, then you're not going to spontateously combust. Provided you get back on the CD road straight away....

But we all have our own opinions & if yours is that I'm a cheat gloryfier, then so be it!

we all have different experiences and this forum is here to share them - ALL of them, good or bad. We can all make our own decisions. I don't believe the people on here are sheep!

By the way Zobo, I haven't addressed you yet have I? I just wanted to say well done for getting back on it as I know how hard that can be x

"But we all have our own opinions & if yours is that I'm a cheat gloryfier, then so be it!"

My post wasn't just meant for you alone and I really didn't believe that you forced people to say what they say when I posted haha :)

I just don't understand the reactions that's why I posted my view/opinion.

Anyway, I didn't want to offend people (I said sorry quite a few times in the first post but I guess my post wasn't written right; I have a way of coming off very direct / *****y over the web sometimes) or get snapped at by everyone on here but it seems I just can't be clear / understood so I'll drop it.

Sorry to disturb the thread.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed with this thread and the reactions you're getting.

You act as if nothing happened and everyone here does too.. they're all like; go you!!

I can't believe you'd post 'I hope it doesn't affect my weightloss' at the end too.. You cheated on your diet, I read the topic about planned cheats and I saw you were pro-planned cheats but now you're boasting about it here as if it's a good thing and getting people to say; oh go you, good for getting back etc etc..

I'm sorry but that seems very inappropriate to me..

I'm trying to stick to this diet and be strict (which I'm sure a lot of people are) and haven't cheated in 10,5 weeks and then I come along a topic basically glorifying cheating....

Sorry to be the evil booboo person but it really hit a nerve for me.

People reading this will go; oh she could do it, why don't I? It won't end as well for others as it did for you.. some people can get sick if they just cheat on their diet like you did and if they're weak to persuasion this could very well be what you're accomplishing with your thread..

Think you're being a bit harsh. We're all adults and individually we know what we can and can't do. Don't think anyone will be swayed by what ZoBo says she's done. She's not trying to persuade anyone to do anything she's just saying what she's done just like everyone else does.

just passin through and just wanted 2 say.so wat if u ate this is a weight loss plan and not a prison sentence ... no1 no matter what plan you are following should feel"guilty" about eating or having a slip up... its just one of those things... just dust yaself down and get back on next day ..sometimes its nice just 2 break the cycle ... and well done 4 getting back on again next day xx

for me, the message i got from the thread was that you can't feel guilty just for eating food.

i know its really important to stick to the diet properly, but hopefully zobo's post would make people realise that its not the end of the world if you do cheat a bit. and to crush yourself with feelings of guilt and failure is a really unhealthy and negative way to live.

i don't think anyone is glorifying cheating, but if some people can have something to eat and then get back on the diet without any problems and without it affecting their loss too much then good for them.

i agree that obviously people should be praised for managing to stick to the diet 100% and that its the best way to go, but food isn't bad and i think perhaps a downside to this diet is the fact it creates a negative view on food, that zobo was just trying to change!

This thread made me uncomfortable too so I'd just ignored it but now I feel compelled to say - Zobo has a right to eat what she likes and post about it but equally Lostris has a right to say how she feels about it. That's my two pennies worth.

hi felt compelled to reply. i loved reading zobos post because i do not intend to be onthis diet forever and will start adding food at some point. also, i am doing SS and reading the post did not make me want to go and eat and I did not think anyone was glrofying cheating.

this forum needs to be about the good and the bad, about everyone's experiences. it is a hard way of living if you are doing SS and i for one think if you want to eat a meal and then get back on CD good for you. different strokes for different folks. I do get your point Lostris but you do come across very abrupt and insulting not only to zobo but also everyone who replied, i am sure that is not what is intended by you and i totally get your point. but i do think that people who deviate from plan should not be shot down as it is their own journey.

This thread has become an interesting debate and admittedly it would be good to see a bit of this on Minimins more often.

There's validity for both points of view. On Zobo's side, it's certainly commendable that she's showing an alternative to the all-or-nothing attitude that got many of us here in the first place. She has eaten food but hasn't let it open the floodgates.

At the same time, I understand Lostris' discomfort with some of the replies here. While all-or-nothing is not a good mentality for the long-term, in the short term Cambridge - especially SS - really does require a strict approach.

If you (a general 'you' here, not just ZoBo) are able to moderate already between unhealthier food and a diet without letting the former overtake, then I'd say you've already got the mindset many people actually diet to achieve, and you could apply that moderation to your daily eating habits rather than the punishing task of going back and forth on a diet.

There's also the danger that this thread will become an enabler for those on the cusp of deciding whether to 'cheat' (never been a fan of that word, but it's the only one we have, really). It's important to point out that ZoBo has broken her diet quite early in her journey to goal, and one well-intentioned but ill-advised night of Chinese food, or similar, could push someone right back to the beginning if they were ten pounds in, since it'll take a few days to get back into ketosis, and meanwhile weight's not being lost, and you're not setting a great foundation for yourself in the early days of your journey.

Still, again, it all depends on what people's goals are. ZoBo, you seem pretty stable and I think this will have little effect on your goals long-term, so that's good.

I do think this thread will influence people to cheat, though. But you have every right to let people know what you've done - they make their own decisions and you can't be blamed for their actions.

I did something similar with cake earlier this week. I was under so much pressure and hadnt yielded. Then. I. Snapped. Enjoyed it, but got back on the horse pronto - didnt want to go back up into those size 22s again :)

I do understand some of what Lostris was saying. But I think it was made out like I shouldn't have posted my cheat (I'm with you on hating that word)....

Again, as so many people on here beat themselves up after a blip. It's really not a big deal, provided you get back on it. While I appreciate some people simply cannot have even one blip, it isn't the end of the world as we know it if they do.....

It won't stop my journey or put me back as I'm a determined person where food is concerned.... I've never had to diet in my life (I've had two babies in a short period of time, so put on weight) & never had a bad relationship with food as some have..... So I spose it is difficult for me to understand that sometimes..... I will post with caution in future.....

Ps - Don't want to rock the boat anymore, but I've even lost another pound since said cheat & I'm not even back in ketosis.... Not one morsel has past my lips since thur though!! x

go zobo! i for one wanna read about the cheats cos i wanna know what happens afterwards!

i make my own decisions and the posts i read are really just for info only. if anyone cheats after reading a post then they probably likely to do it anyway.

Hi :)

A lapse, cheat, blip, whatever you prefer to call it, is just that. It doesn't have to be a full relapse and chucking the towel in IMO.:)

As long as we all pick ourselves up and follow our own path, then we will get to our own destinations.

Lacey..xx :D

go zobo! i for one wanna read about the cheats cos i wanna know what happens afterwards!

Of course...we are all curious :D

If you go to the restarters and strugglers boards on here, I'm sure there are loads of people who can tell you what happens:cool:

Not aimed at you Zobo. You may well be one of the lucky ones:cool: but I've seen it over and over again. I just had...and I'll get straight back on...and sometimes they do, but sometimes they make that choice again...and again...and again.

Then they get the wake up call when the scales stop moving, and they seem to struggle to get back on again.

Look around leeds123. The place is full of them.

Hope everything goes the way you want Zobo. Glad you're not beating yourself up. Not sure there is anything you feel you need to learn from, but whatever, wishing you well til goal :)

i get your point KD but i just think that everyone should be allowed to post THEIR experience without being berated or told off. thats just my opinion and i do actually read the restarters posts, but thanks for the pointer.

Back