Ive gained 5.7lb in 14 days :(

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I weighed this morning for the 1st time since my last official WI with my CDC and I'm back up 2 10st 3lbs... Im so fed up with my self!!!
I really want to get back on the shakes - I'm sick of food and I've been picking at rubbish - but I have no money until I get paid on the 22nd..

:(

I weighed this morning for the 1st time since my last official WI with my CDC and I'm back up 2 10st 3lbs... Im so fed up with my self!!!
I really want to get back on the shakes - I'm sick of food and I've been picking at rubbish - but I have no money until I get paid on the 22nd..

:(
Oh foo fan i was wondering what had happened to you chic.!
i understand the cost of the diet, why dont u follow a healthy eating plan or calorie count until the 22nd pay day.!

cheer up hun it might even be water weight too.x??

Oh hon... I feel your pain/frustration.

But it's done now so put it behind you and learn from it. Being critical of yourself will only keep the "picking" cycle going. Why not use the food lists from the 810 plan as a basis for your daily eating until you can afford to restart? At least you'll be low carb then so will be on a good path for restarting.

Also start reading thedietguy.co.uk to help get your head in the right place (look at his "general mindset" section).

http://www.shrinkyourself.com/articles/the_eight_signs_of_emotional_eating.asp?menu=more has some thought provoking short articles aswell that you may find helpful in beginning to feel more positive.

You take care xx

Thanks both - I was trying to follow the 810 meal plan - but just lost it at the end of the week and was eating bread and peanut butter just for the hell of it.. I'm quite embarrassed cos I'd have a little bing before my oh got home from work..

Just has a read about the emotional eating and I'm defo an emotional eater! The first time I put on weight was when my grandad passed away and I turned to food for comfort..

Thanks again for ur kind works x

It then becomes a "positive re-enforcement" cycle... you feel down so you eat (because that's made you feel better in past)... and the eating works re-enforcing the belief/behaviour habit (albeit very temporarily) but then you being to feel down again/ashamed/depressed so you eat again....and so on and so on.

Not eating to feel better feels "negative" because it's harder to actually push yourself to explore and "feel" the feelings you are trying to avoid/numb... and therefore this is the negative re-enforcement aspect...

But the cycle can be broken :)

start moving your body more. make sure you are still drinking the water. most of the weight you've gained will be your glucogen stores filling up. it's the bread. they can hold 3 times as much water.

Back