I've gained a pound on my first ever SW weigh in! Has this happened to anyone?

charliebecca

Im really disheartened. i started this diet and was raving because of how good it was and that i could eat what ever i wanted (free foods). and i spent hours everynite online and reading all the books making sure i did it right, even only having 9-10 syns a day. Why and how has this happened, my leader didnt really explain. she just said " oh its not un common" ..WTF

That is awful hun but your consultant is right, it's isn't uncommon.
It's not usual but it does happen and I've seen it happen a few times and it really is awful.
There's no explanation for it other than sometimes it takes your body a bit to get used to the plan. Did you come from a vlc diet? Or another diet plan?
Did you leave your consultant your food diary? She should ask you to do one for the first 4 weeks and they should be in your pack. These will help her spot anything untoward.
It's so hard to believe that it will work, but it will - you've just got to have faith and fill up on those free foods hun.
*hugs*

Keep your chin up hun, dont give up you will get the result.

Yeah everyone keeps saying that, but its worrying because im scared ill put on again next week!

You shouldn't put on next week. SW have a money back guarantee, if you don't lose weight in the first 4 weeks you get your money back. You need to do the food diaries for your consultant to see though for this to count.
That said, I have never ever seen this happen. SW are confident that this works for everyone.

Hi
I agree that your consultant should of asked to see your diary and should for first 4 weeks.
It must be so difficult when you first start,I have been doing it off and on for yrs. so am used to it. Remember to weigh the few things that need to be weighed,and only have 2 healthy extras if on extra easy.Do have about 10 syns they do seem to help with the loss.
Have a really good 2nd week sure you will have a great loss next week and all your effort will pay off.
Take care
x

Im really nervous now about the weigh in. I was really good this week, i had a few opotunities eg celebrations, going out, where usually i would jack in the diet and start again next week. But i didnt and im happy :) just really hope i manage it

GOODLUCK :wave_cry:
this has happened to me when i first started sw, keep at it & try to drink alot of water or no added sugar cordial at least 2ltrs a day, this really helps, in this cold weather iv been having nad cordial with hot water, really helps, im sure you will have a great loss next weigh in xx

First week losses (or gains) can depend on so many factors other than just the SW plan. For instance what was your diet like before joining? People on very low calorie diets often put on weight in week one as their body re-adjusts to eating normally again. Why not post your food diary in the sub-forum so we can offer some advice? But most importantly don't give up because you only truly fail when you give up.

Back