I've got a planned cheat. Advice needed....

ZoBo

Silver Member
Today I'm off out with my friend. It has been planned for ages & I can't not go (plus I want to :D ).

I'm looking forward to eating & really want to have a good meal.....

Now, if I do this then get right back on it will it affect my weightloss massively? Will I feel as ill as I did when I initially started the diet?
I know I've got to get back into ketosis, but as I'm not doing a full detox surely it won't be as bad??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. xx

Won't massively affect your weight loss, but may your willpower afterwards. Getting back into ketosis won't be as bad as long as you get right back into it. Don't be fooled into I've had 1 day off, 1 more won't hurt, because its a slippery slope.

Enjoy your day out hun.

Reactions: KD
TBH I've got quite good willpower. I used to have a meal out a week when on Atkins. So fingers crossed I'll be able to get right back on it. Glad to hear it shouldn't affect the ketosis & weight loss too much..... I was dreading going through the full withdrawl again..... x

Just because you are eating out doesnt mean you have to come out of ketosis at all. If you dont want to have ss+ food then have the same types of food that you are allowed on atkins - they dont tend to start off a binge and they should keep you in ketosis.

Hi I had a day off last Friday and sts this week but not too worried as I got straight back on plan Saturday.

I would stick to chicken, fish or steak and salad, or preferably do something different!

i think the best way is to eat healthy food as the girls say and not think to much about about what might happen, you could psych yourself into giving up or having a serious lapse . enjoy the day and then get straight back in to it

dont have TOO amny carbs, and if like you say, your will powers good, i'm sure you'll be fine.
just make sure its ONE meal, and you'll get back in the zone in no time!! (fingers crossed!!)
enjoy your time off. xx

Well. I've done it!! I won't tell you what I had. But I'll just say there were lots & lots of yummy carbs..... lol

Anyway, this may sound mental, but I feel as if I've put weight on my face, just from that meal! So even though I enjoyed it, I can't wait to get back on the wagon so to speak....

On the plus side, I've been to the toilet for the first time in nearly a week. So if one good thing has come from it, it is that it's given me a clear out.... lol

I thought I may as well share that with you all, as we seem to share everything else. x

Back