Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

ive got an appointment tonight...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by rainbow27, 8 November 2008 Social URL.

1. rainbow27

rainbow27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.8%)
    Diet:
    eat less move more!& mixing it up high protien & shakes
    oh i have my first appointment tonight with the CDC in my area im just going to find out if the diet is for me price wise it most defiantly is :D how do you guys get on without the counseling side of things that LL provide? .
    thank you

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moti17

moti17 is gonna do it!!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Ive been on this diet before and lost quite a bit of weight.
    Due to different reasons, I put it back on, but I think it depends on how motivated you are anyway.
    As Ive never had the councilling side of things, I dont know what difference it makes, but there are a few girls on here who have switched from LL to CD as its the same kind of diet. Im not sure but I think u get more flavour options with CD.
    Good Luck !!

4. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hi Rainbow27, good luck with your appt tonight. I have never had the counselling anyway so i don't know what it would be like, but i find a 15-20 min chat with my counsellor every week really useful and enough for me. Also rading lots of motivational and insprirational posts on here useful too for how i will prepare for my maintenance stage.
    xx

5. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    good luck with your appointment my cdc is great have a chat about the week etc, solve any issues good luck x

6. Tarragon

Tarragon Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    Still considering
    Good luck on your appt tonight. Personally speaking I think it depends on what your counsellor is like. My first one with CD was really horrid if I had a bad week, and when I got into a routine of 4lb a week told me I must be cheating and I shouldn't bother doing the diet. My second was lovely, but I needed a bit more to keep me motivated.
    I've just started w8 which I find a great in between diet. The self help materials really help, and I'm using them properly, but it is cheaper than LL and doesn't have the group sessions which I would detest.

At the end of the day, go with what suits you. If you think you can build a good rapport with your CDC then go for it.

Good luck :)

7. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    The first time I did CD, I had switched across from LL. I had a brilliant counsellor who gave me more support than the LLC. Found the LL counselling sessions didn't help me at all, although I know plenty of ppl who found them useful. Switching across saved me 50% (altho prices have changed now and are a little higher due to inflation etc) and I get 1-to-1 support when I need it, on my terms, which I am very grateful for. I can be in and out if I want, or I can stop and chat if there's something troubling me!

xxx

8. rainbow27

rainbow27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.8%)
    Diet:
    eat less move more!& mixing it up high protien & shakes
    thanks for all your replies.. will let you know how i get on x

9. randomgurl

randomgurl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.91%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Like everyone says it depends what your cdc is like.... Also, what do you need the extra coucelling for whe you have a whole forum of amazingly supportive people who can give you friendship, advice and encouragement?

Though saying that I have nooo idea what LLC sessions are like, so maybe its something completely different!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.