I've got the FEAR!

VWBeetleGirl

Chilli Queen!
I have to go out to a gastropub for dinner tonight and I have the fear. I hate eating out when I'm trying to lose weight as it makes me feel really out of control.

I know if I gain this week that I will blame it all on that one meal.

I realise this is completely irrational but I can't help it.

:sigh:

I thought you meant the song then! lol

You'll be ok, go for a steak with salad and jacket and no dressings or butter.. or a lean meat with salad or a tomato based pasta dish.

If you do choose something naughty don't beat yourself up about it. Just pick yourself up and try again. Sometimes these things are sent to test us. Enjoy your meal!!!

Thanks Ladies! I am going to try and order something healthy but the options are limited, unfortunately.

Hoping I can make up for it with running!

Good luck and enjoy your meal :D

Am back! Had chicken terrine for starter and baked plaice with veggies & caper butter for main. Am hoping this will not be too bad!

Did you enjoy it??

hope u enjoy ur meal out this is my worry with losing i have a meal out and a few days away coming up and want to have a good time but not put on anything ek hope the meals out have some nice options like ur and oh dominos yum! x

I think the occasional meal out is fine. WW is about changing the bad habits of the past and trying to create new good habits for the future. We can't avoid going out for meals for the rest of our lives. Going for one meal out once a month or or even once a week is better than take-out every night, and thinking about the best options (even when the choice is limited)is better then eating everything in sight and being sorry later. We are all human though so the occasional trip up is inevitable as long as we get up and carry on it's no big deal. My hubby bought sweets this weekend and I ate some (too many) they were lovely and now I remember what they taste like I don't need to go and remind myself again for a while.

Thanks smuller, sadly I know what I'm supposed to be feeling, it's just those irrational fears that I'm trying to overcome. It's always been my problem (I did WW before, lost over 50lbs then gained weight from giving up smoking this year) that when I start WW I get so focused on following it to the letter that I then panic if I don't have control over exactly what goes into what I'm eating.

I must admit, I wouldn't even let anyone else cook for me before as knew they would not think anything of putting oil / butter in stuff. I have now relaxed slightly and allow my partner to cook sometimes.

I know that this sounds stupid but it's one of those things that I am trying to overcome and is one of my biggest hurdles. It's a case of knowing what I should be doing and not listening to myself. Ridiculous but that's just me!

A person once said to me, one salad won't make you thin, one bad meal won't make you fat.

I think when we do Weight Watchers, and we come around to a different way of thinking, this makes loads of sense. Don't beat yourself up about having a treat now and then... just don't do it all the time :)

Just got back from 2 days in Devon at a wedding. You can imagine my horror at the thought of the scales on Tuesday after all the delicious celebration food / champagne! Anyway, it had to be done and we enjoyed it and spent some time with some lovely people, and the weight; that'll come off next week, I hope!

C
Xxx

Back