I've GOT to do it!

Snail

Hi there,

I've only post on this site a few times so i'll intorduce myself and give you a bit of background first.

I'm Emma, 22 years old and a 3rd year Student Nurse (qualify next september eek!). I found lipotrim in 2004 and since then the cambridge diet, i have 3 stone all together now (it was 4stone at one point but you know how the story goes, have just been on hol and gained 7lb aswell so it was 3st7lb about 4 weeks ago :rolleyes: ).

I am booked in to have a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks on 13th December (7 weeks yesterday) to remove the overhang of excess skin on my belly and the lipo will contour my waist.

I would like to lose another 10lb to 1 stone before my op and know that this can be easily done with 7 weeks of SW. SW has worked for me in the past when ive followed it but ive always had more to lose than i want to lose now so have given up.

I have been following SW since 9th October and have not lost any weight. This is becuase i am doing well following the plan but i keep having "little extras", that i cant seem to stop myself having, that are not making me gain weight and are preventing me from losing it. I just cant seem to stop myself though. You'd think that impending major surgery would motivate me but no, it hasnt. Why cant i do it??? I cant even make myself go to the gym!

I'm at a total loss and have decided to post this on here because i just dont know what to do. No other diet appeals to me and i'm never doing CD again, i couldnt afford it even if i wanted to. I'm not sure what i want from people reading this, but i just dont know what to do!

Your frustratedly

Emma. x

Hi Emma

I've done Slimming World in the past and lost 4 1/2 stones, I enjoyed it for the variety of food you can have. But the one thing I did find was that I lost weight quicker if I stuck mainly to Red days rather than green days. So five or 6 days Red then 1 or two days red. It depended on how I felt week by week.

I know it's had but find the treats that are lower in sins and and see if you can snack on those instead whilst remaining to your weekly allowance. Black Jacks and Friut Salads used to be 1/2 a sin and by the time I ate ten I was fulfilled. But creating challenges for myself also help such as no chocolate for one or two weeks, just to boost week loss for a week or two.

I came on the CD diet (something I thought I could never do) mainly because my weight was getting out of control again. I needed the discipline and to take food out of the sphere.

I hope this helps a bit and I wish you all the best.:D

JJ

Hi Emma,

You have done extremely well over all and your not alone on finding it very difficult to lose that last stone...it seems a very common problem.

Because of this Coley has started a thread called "last stone mission" and you will find others in a similar boat to yourself.

I have not got down to the last stone yet!!! But I am sure I will encounter similar difficulties.

Here is the link for Coley's thread:

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diet/3659-last-stone-mission.html

One of the things I found worked well for me was keeping a food diary and this helped me see what it was that I was nibbling at and I got back to SSing doing this and the CD steps.

This week alone we have a few who are just starting onto food after SSing and are doing food diaries to help them keep the focus Flopster, Boofoloo and demon are just a couple who spring to mind.

If you got focused back on SW you could have your 10lbs. off in the 7 weeks to your surgery.

Are you going abroad or having your surgery here.:confused:

Love Mini xxx

JJ - thanks for that, i'll have a look at low sin snacks and think of a few ways to challenge myself. :)

Mini - I'll have a look at that thread thanks. I'm feeling a bit down and sorry for myself lately and lacking in motivation in everthing i think, i thnk i need to address more than my diet failings but cant seem to see a way out of anything at the moment. I'm having my surgery with Transform in Manchester, thats one of two things ive got to look forward to at the moment, the only two things keeping me going! :rolleyes:

Try WW or RC both are good and its a new plan where you will try hard to stick to the rules whilst you learn it??
Good luck Hun with what ever plan you decide to do
xxc

JJ - thanks for that, i'll have a look at low sin snacks and think of a few ways to challenge myself. :)

Mini - I'll have a look at that thread thanks. I'm feeling a bit down and sorry for myself lately and lacking in motivation in everything i think, i think i need to address more than my diet failings but cant seem to see a way out of anything at the moment. I'm having my surgery with Transform in Manchester, thats one of two things ive got to look forward to at the moment, the only two things keeping me going! :rolleyes:

Hi Emma,

Are you still studying or have you finished all your exams???

We all feel down and lack motivation from time to time that is for sure...think you might be a little to hard on yourself Emma.

Stand back and pat yourself on the back for how well you have done and also you have always given such good support and advice yourself to others on their weight loss journey.

So it is okay for you now to get a little of what you have given back.

Hopefully we can help you through this now as you do have a lot to look forward too.

I know we are all so very interest to see how you do get on with your surgery as I know many here are considering a tummy tuck or new boobs when they have achieved goal.

You were thinking of going abroad?

What made up your mind in the end to go local?

Love Mini xxx

i'lldoit - WW is definately not for me, its never worked for mein the past i find it too restrictive. Never tried RC, might give it a go if this SWing doesnt take off for me. Thanks.

Thanks Mini,

I have two more assignments to do before i finish, one this semester to be handed in 11th Dec then we'll get our last one in April.

Its not just dieting wise that i'm down, recently started a long distance relationship (different countries), only been how 3 weeks and finding it hard, especially when not much is going on with life at home! Going back 13 weeks tomorrow which seems like a life time away!

I'll post all about my surgery, i'll put before and after pics up when ive had it done. I did think about going to Brussells for it done but my mum really wanted me to stay in this country and we found a good surgeon in manchester so decided to go with him. Its been a long and hard decision to do this but i know it will make me happy. I'm under no illusions that it will sort out every problem in my life but will sort a pretty big one out!

I have just decided to make a food diary for this week showing everything i am having for breakfast, dinner and tea with no more than 10 syns a day so that if i do have to odd chocolate or biscuit that isnt planned it shouldnt matter too much.

i'lldoit - WW is definitely not for me, its never worked for mein the past i find it too restrictive. Never tried RC, might give it a go if this SWing doesnt take off for me. Thanks.

Thanks Mini,

I have two more assignments to do before i finish, one this semester to be handed in 11th Dec then we'll get our last one in April.

Its not just dieting wise that i'm down, recently started a long distance relationship (different countries), only been how 3 weeks and finding it hard, especially when not much is going on with life at home! Going back 13 weeks tomorrow which seems like a life time away!

I'll post all about my surgery, i'll put before and after pics up when ive had it done. I did think about going to Brussells for it done but my mum really wanted me to stay in this country and we found a good surgeon in manchester so decided to go with him. Its been a long and hard decision to do this but i know it will make me happy. I'm under no illusions that it will sort out every problem in my life but will sort a pretty big one out!

I have just decided to make a food diary for this week showing everything i am having for breakfast, dinner and tea with no more than 10 syns a day so that if i do have to odd chocolate or biscuit that isnt planned it shouldnt matter too much.

Hi Emma,

You do need to cut yourself some slack. My goodness between working and studying and doing the diet your like a super woman and I think if you just take it one day at a time you will be okay.

It is very difficult to be so far away in a new relationship, but on the other hand you have it to look forward too and you should be well on the mend with your surgery when you meet up in thirteen weeks time!!!

I think your mum is right to have you near at hand, I would feel the same about it and it will be less stress for both of you.

I look forward to your photos and if you have any difficulty putting them up D_Q, Icemoose or Pierce are pretty technical and they can sort it out for you.

Fingers crossed now for you that you get your head back in the right place and take off again, like you did before...always thinking about it is the hardest part sometimes. The food diary does show us where are head is at and be sure now to do some body measurements so that you will have them for the days you come down in inches.

Good luck now and I look forward to reading your your posts Emma and see how your doing.

Love Mini xxx

Back