Ive had the nicest lunch,, what did you have?

I normally have red days so sound like a nice hassle free dinner to me!! I have to say i am getting swayed to the green side with all the recipes posted on here, im going to have my 1st taste of quorn tonight!! :)

Ohh which quorn you having??its nice i have lots of Quorn theres certain things i'm not keen on but do have it :)

I am more into green these days which is odd for me because I really LOVE extra easy. Desperate to try that double pasta lasagne :)

Omm nom!

I had my home made spicy butternut squash soup and an apple. The soup was much needed on this cold day! I've just had a couple of scan bran with tuna and leaves as my afternoon snack and for dinner tonight, it's lasagne and salad. Yum.

Unfortunately, I have had nothing. My wisdom tooth is playing up and my mouth is so swollen I can barely open my mouth :( so I cant put anything solid in, at least i'm not feeling hungry.

Your dinners sound so good though :D

I'm on Green today and I had Scrambled eggs on toast for 1 HEXB, it was lovely.

Morrisons tinned steak is also free, but not Asda's. When you open the tin it can be a bit off putting as it looks a bit dog food like, but as soon as it is heated through it is lovely!!!!!!! I use it in stew now (1 tin for 5 of us) with loads of veg (and instant mash as a thickener) as it is cheaper and much nicer than fresh beef (at least the way I cook it) and you don't need to cut any fat off... Result!!

I love the Tesco tinned stewing steak! Great as a quick option for work to pour over some pre-cooked veg.
Im on a Red day today and for lunch I had a chicken salad as I had left over chicken from a roast last night. This evening I am having the Asda Extra Special lamb shank in mint sauce gravy (free on red and EE) with more super speed veg, as Im working I will make this and re-heat it at my job! I love SW its soooo easy!!

Stewed steak is definateley nicer than fresh beef and miles cheeper for what you get its brilliant!! might make a stew on sunday :)

Lasagne

2 Macaroni Pasta and Sauce
2 tins of chopped toms
1 packet of quorn mince
1 tsp artificial sweetner
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp mixed herbs
Lasange sheets (amount depends on the size of your dish)
Enough cheese to cover the top

Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Fry in frylight until soft. Add the tomatoes and artificial sweetner. Cook for about 10 mins and then add the herbs. Then add the quorn mince and cook over a low heat until quorn mince is cooked. You can add some tom puree to thicken, not sure if it's free or not?

Meanwhile, make up the pasta'n'sauce. I use a HEXA of milk to make it really creamy but it's up to you if you just want to use the water. Make sure that you don't make the pasta and sauce too thick as this is going to be your white sauce.

Place a layer of the mince in a lasange tray or whatever you usually use. Then cover the mince with your lasange sheets. Then cover the lasange sheets with a layer of pasta and sauce. Then cover the pasta and sauce with mince. Then cover the mince with lasange sheets, then the lasange sheets with the last bit of pasta and sauce, and then, finally sprinke with the cheese.

Cook in the oven for about 45 mins at 180 degrees, until cheese is bubbling and lasange sheets cooked.

Serves 4-6 about 1/2 syn each serving!

This is the lasagne recipe, thats so funny thats what im making tonight - its why im having a green day :)

Lianna - im having the mince, but have been told the meatballs are scrummy!! :)

Thanks for that hun, i think i will make it next week sometime :)

We had a roast today. I cooked the pork (half price in Sainsbury's) in the slow cooker and the knife cut though it like it was carving butter. We also had roasties, loads of veg and yorkshires (4 syns each).

Was luverly x

I had grilled chicken breast with roasted sweet potatoes, peppers, butternut squash, onions on a bed of baby spinach, a whole bag! :D

I had some rice cooked in chicken stock, then stirred in some garden peas, half an onion and quorn chicken style pieces :) lovely.

I have the tin of stewed steak mixed in with tinned veg - yummy and super fast to cook for a day when you just don't have time to mess around.... ALSO have you tried the Asda Smartprice tin of Chilli Con Carne ? ONLY 1 syn for the can and really tasty!!! I mix this also with tinned veg then top with sliced tin potatoes and scatter over HE of cheese - YUMMY!!!! BIG MEAL - 1 syn !!!

Jill

Back