Ive just binged!!!

SARAHP

Silver Member
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Why cant I give up on CD gracefully or stick to SS??? Im feeling very destructive at the moment as my lack of food seems to tip me over the edge into not just having a bit of food but binging completely. Im worried about what I must be doing to my body eating like this. In one way I want to give up on cd and return to ww but when I decide thats what im going to do I get up the next day and want to do cd again but then I struggle to get through a full day of ss then back to the cycle of binging. I know I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and im not to sure if CD is helping with this. Any advice gratefully received. Sarahxx.

SarahP,

I know this feeling as I've fallen victim to it on more than one occassion. What keeps me going is that what I have already accomplished here. Look at how much you've lost in such a short space of time and look at how much of a difference this has made to your shape. Do you have any special short term goals that you can work towards e.g. a holiday or a party or something as that helps to keep you going.

Chin up!! You can do this.

Davica

I truly sympathise because I find SS-ing very difficult. I'm always amazed and humbled by those who whizz through week after week with barely a hiccup!

790 is much more forgiving. It's worth a try, for a week or two, to see if it suits you. It suits me. These days I only SS when I want to deal with a plateau situation, or when I want to speed things up a little.

I'm on day 2 of my latest SS, right now! And I am not finding it easy.

Why cant I give up on CD gracefully or stick to SS??? Im feeling very destructive at the moment as my lack of food seems to tip me over the edge into not just having a bit of food but binging completely. Im worried about what I must be doing to my body eating like this. In one way I want to give up on cd and return to ww but when I decide thats what im going to do I get up the next day and want to do cd again but then I struggle to get through a full day of ss then back to the cycle of binging. I know I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and im not to sure if CD is helping with this. Any advice gratefully received. Sarahxx.

Hiya Sarah....sorry to hear ur struggling hun...:wave_cry:

SS is tough but the rewards are soooo worth it....and it's probably not for everyone....:rolleyes: so please stop beating urself up hun :(

have you thought about trying one of the other plans...?? 790 would allow you to have a small meal in the evening and may help you stop the binges....just a thought...

Good luck with whatever you decide...

love and hugs

Debz
xx

Hiya honey... please try not to beat urself up about this there is absolutely no point... whats done is done and there is NOTHING you or anyone can do to change it... what you can change is where you go from here!!

So, like me and nearly everyone who is on a diet of some description, there is a bad relationship with food. Have you looked into why you overeat? is it emotional?? boredom??

Personally i lost 4 stone last year... didn't deal with the issues that obviously had been the reason for putting the weight on in the first place and then regained it ALL.... since then i have gone into counselling and i'm now on day 8 and feel very strong ... but am still attending counselling to see what comes up whilst i'm ss'ing...

Whatever you do don't beat urself up... its a waste of very valuable energy...

i know exactly what you are saying about keep changing ur mind from CD to WW... i did it for about 6 months... its such a waste of time!!

I hope you feel better soon hun and get to the bottom of why you overeat and then you can look to the future...

love

Gen xxx

Hi ya Sarah

Anyone who says its easy to SS is a liar or mentally unstable he he

Its extremely difficult and I do think that everyone on this site has "issues with food"

Take it a day at a time and don't beat yourself up about your inadequency. Who's perfect anyway

Your weight loss is amazing and just keep going and as long as you gradually keep going down does it really matter how, get your weight off first and then deal with your "issues with food"

I wish you well on your weight loss journey ~ mine will take a year and I hate the taste of almost all of the CD. Each and every day I complete SS without cheating I give myself a pat on the back for my strength of character

Please be kind to yourself and always remember life is for living so if your weight is holding you back in anyway ~ try to do something about it

SS is certainily not easy, but when you stick to it you can certainly get the results that we all crave. Have you tried following the post on "stepping your way into ss" maybe you need to gradually ease your way in. Why not try it you may find its easier than just throwing yourself in at the deep end.

dont worry

:hug99: aw hun i totally feel ur pain im exactly the same... but then you gota think if you can loose that much when your not sticking to the diet imagine what you can loose when you do stick to it.
I have serious issues with food too...i love it too much .. i also eat when im bored when im happy when im sad when im sick when i breathe hehe i think if i could id eat when i slept aswell but thank god i cant!!
The only advice i can offer you is from what iv learnt...
If you dnt like the packs just make them n shove them dwn your throat (DO NOT SMELL THEM it seriously puts me off lol)
Give yourself an aim - for example mine is to stick to ss for a week if i can do that then i no i can stick to it for longer n il have no excuse for myself except the boredom and "special occasions" i like to use as an excuse.:doh:
But i have come to the conclusion that iv started already n now is the time for action so... From this week on (that being 2mro as my weeks start on tuesdays) i am going into hardcore mode!! that means when i have a free hand a water bottle shall fill it and when im hungry im going to go do something productive like maybe pull my finger outa my ass n study or clean the flat etc. and if i fall off the wagon i shall kick myself in the bum n jump right back on again!! we all have our slip ups so there is no point in frettin over it its happend you just gota get on with it!! So dont worry... if i can try neone can - because im pretty sure noone has as little will power as me!! hehe
I hope all goes well for you dear and i hope that essay helped you even just a little!

Hi ya Sarah

Anyone who says its easy to SS is a liar or mentally unstable he he

Its extremely difficult and I do think that everyone on this site has "issues with food"

Take it a day at a time and don't beat yourself up about your inadequency. Who's perfect anyway

Your weight loss is amazing and just keep going and as long as you gradually keep going down does it really matter how, get your weight off first and then deal with your "issues with food"

I wish you well on your weight loss journey ~ mine will take a year and I hate the taste of almost all of the CD. Each and every day I complete SS without cheating I give myself a pat on the back for my strength of character

Please be kind to yourself and always remember life is for living so if your weight is holding you back in anyway ~ try to do something about it

I LOVE this post!

I laughed out loud and almost cheered at one point.

SS-ing is tough, and we should pat ourselves on the back for each and every day we manage to get through!

I think what does me is the fact that I did SS last year and lost 5 stone with no problems at all, in fact it was a walk in the park, but now its so much harder. I know first time is the golden time but im afraid im not up for the higher plans its either ssing or ww as im sorry I cant justify paying all this money and still eating!! Sorry if it sounds like I dont appreciate all your comments I do but im stuck in a rut with myself at the moment im afraid. Thanks sarahxx.

Think Im going to try tomorrow as a new day and try and get through that then if I manage set a mini goal of getting to 14 days of ssing, im sure if I can get there I will be fine. Thanks everyone for the support, you must all get fed up of me and my moods!!! Sarahxx.

Hey SarahP,

Please dont' feel bad. A lot of us have all took the pathh you are taking at the moment. Remember how well you've done so far? 17Ibs is not to be sniffed at ;)

Sweetheart, I started CD in February 2006 .... well I started and failed. I started my proper battle in October 2006. I still continue to fail - I'm unashamed as it's part of my tapestry. My shame would come in not addressing the binge and allowing myself to lie in the cesspit of a food binge. You have to look your binge in it's metaphoric eye and say "there by the grace of God go I. I will continue, I shall be successful", sounds a bit far fetched, but that is what it takes, this is a far fetched diet, it's bloody hard.

What have you learned about yourself following your indescretion? What lessons have you learned for next time?

You know falling off and admitting to it makes you a strong person in my eyes. Stronger still is if you get back on the wagon. This diet is suited to everyone that has the will. Sometimes the will wains, but as long as the embers still glow, you can reignite the will and battle through.

For me, my binges don't last as long as they used to and my eating isn't what it was. Even when I binge I'm thinking about Cambridge Diet. They happen less often now ......

We can do it.

Lets do it.

Just do it!

Hi Sarah, I can understand how you feel, I think I have a self destruct button at the moment that someone has pushed. I've flown through ss but the last week have lost the plot totally!! Everyday I get up and think "right thats it, today I will not pick or eat,ss only" by 2pm i've eaten! I don't want to do ww again either,although everyday I think I will, same as you in the mormimg I want to ss. I have a weighin tomorrow, am bl***y dreading it. Lets both stick with it tomorrow and see if we can both get day one out of the way! Will shout hear tomorrow to see how your doing,WE CAN DO IT!! I have done it before too 5 years ago and have regained it,Lets really go for it,

Nikki x

CC
I loved your post for I am struggling so i will try not to give myself such a red forehead and bruised @ss where i keep beating myself up

Hi Nikki, well its 7.20 pm and ive done a full day of SSing!!!!!! HIP HIP HOOOORRRRAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Hope your still okay as well?! Good luck with day 2 again for us! Sarahx.

Hi Sarah,Just got in and had to check on you!! Well done day one nearly done and dusted,bring on day 2, I did ok, no sneaky bits passed my lips,

Nikki x

Back