I've just tried my first bar

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Gem Dec 17th 06, 15 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Gem Dec 17th 06

Gem Dec 17th 06 Full Member

Didn't like it very much, it was the caramel!

As I was struggling a bit my CDC thought it would be a good idea to try them and see if that satisfy's me a bit more than a drink does.

I've also got the Cranberry one.

Which are the best ones??

Gemx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Cranberry are gorgeous - really lovely!! The dark orange has a very rich taste, and the double chocolate is a firm favourite with many of my clients. Give it time - you may well find you like the other bars more than the caramel :)

4. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Ive only tried the caramel on and the toffee one. And i thought they both tasted similar. But I really liked them!!! :D

I think a lot of people like the orange one?

5. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    I like all the flavours except for cranberry and peanut i think they have an awfull texture compared to all the other bars xx

6. lou49

lou49 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a peanut one last night - yum - tastiest thing I have since I started CD! Felt guity eating it as I am a chocolate biscuit addict and it tasted very illicit!
    Louise

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Just like a chocolate covered hobnob!! :cool:

8. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    I love the caramel and the toffee, but if you like dark chocolate then the orange one is very nice. I even like it and i am a milk chocolate fan.

Just think when you get your weight down to what you want, you can then treat yourself to a cadbury's chocolate bar. Thats what i can't wait to do.

Nick :)

9. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,
    I have never had the cranberry one. My tip for bars is cut them into as small pieces as you can manage and stick in frezer then they last ages and always seems to enhance the flavour. When you do it with peanut (very messy) it tastes a bit like peanut brittle yummy.

10. chelle_powell

chelle_powell We ride, we ride....

HIYA!

I like chocolate orange, cranberry and peanut!

Much love, xx

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    My cdc doesnt seem to have much selection available...I get the impression that if I want to try soemthing I may have to buy a whole box?!

12. d4n13773

d4n13773 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (my way!)
    People seem to either love the crunchy ones or hate them!

I love 'em

I buy 3 peanut, 3 cranberry and one orange.

I like to orange one for the dark chocolate covering but don't find it as satisfying as the crunch ones. I keep them in the fridge so they take longer to eat, and usually have them with a cup of coffee, so the chocolate melts in my warm mouth, but then I get to chew the chilled centre for ages.

You should be able to get one of each, my advice is to try them all!

Also I suggest taking one of the non-crunch variety and chopping it up in to little 1cm cubes and then freezing, like a little bag of toffees, which lasts longer.

13. bambi

bambi Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I hated the caramel too and it was my first bar. I now love cranberry best, then the toffee and peanut.

14. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

Double choc is great for chocoholics, but I am a fan of the new Cranberry and Peanut ones, slightly going off the peanut though. I have one a day mmmmmm :p

15. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    i always found the bars really awful. I could only taste salt! it took me ages to try and get them down as they would make me feel sick. Saying that though i had a friend who loved all of them!
    I havent tried the cranberry or peanut yet, Im restarting on Jan 7th so will have to wait a few more weeks! eeekkkkkk!!!!!

16. cazmaz_irl

cazmaz_irl Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I must be freak, I LOVE the bars, with a black coffee and 1/2 tetra pack as the milk, absolutely delicious,

Last night I treated myself to a choc shake and a malt toffee bar, I honestly felt guilty it was so decadent. Hard to believe it was counted as a SS diet, just as nice as having a cadbury's bar and a cappuchino, bet when I get to goal, the taste of cadburys will be disgusting ...we live in hope eh.

this from a former Chocoholic,

its a case of "My name is Caroline and its been 24 days since my last bar of chocolate" ha ha, but I allow myself 1/2 a CD bar a day, or if I have the portion left like last night I'll have a whole bar.

cheers Caz

17. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Hi,

I know I'm two months later on this one I would suggest you perservere. It's taken me 9 months to fully embrace the Cambridge Diet - probably the longest in history (discounting those who tried and gave up!). My past failed attempts were down to:

1. hating the inconvenience - the mixing was tricky at etc.

2. hated the flavours - there was only chicken&mushroom and vegetable. Then Lactose free musroom soup came out and it really helped as that was the only soup I liked. My taste buds were so used to salt and lots of flavours I really wasn't expecting the taste with the other soups. Then the Oriental Chilli was introduced and things got better. I also learned to make recipes.

3. emotional stress - the perpetuating cycle of self-loathing.

Then it all clicked into place: once I stopped the loathing, listened to a little Paul McKenna and learned to visualise myself slim. The empowerment that comes with having completed 1, then 2, then 3 etc. days Sole Sourcing is better than any chip buttie, slice of cake, pizza I could go on. I got myself into a rhythm - the habit - and decided to try the flavours of soups and shakes I; this was ALL of them apart from Strawberry, Lactose Free Mushroom, Oriental Chilli and Chocolate LOL! To my utter urprise I find I love Vegetable Flavour, love Chicken and my most hated has become my favourite above all else: the mighty Cappuccino! :D

I remember someone on the Discovery Health board saying "just hold on Cah-Ching, your tastebuds will change" (I wish I could remember who said it - to fully honour them) I remember thinking (but not saying ;)) "yeah right!" but I can thankfully say it does. So to paraphrase, my advice to you is: - just hold on to your desire, tastebuds will change and even when you think they haven't revisit some of the flavours you thought you hated - you may well be surprised, I was.

take care

cazmaz_irl likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. akeli_uk

akeli_uk akeli_uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet & Slimming World
    I had my 1st bar last week. The 1st one a tried was caramel then the cranberry one. I really really hated them. Didn’t like them at all.

Worst thing was that I was so so excited to tasting them and decided on having them late at nite as a treat with coffee. Im upset that I don’t like them coz lots of people say there really nice.

Im just going to stick with my tetra milkshakes as I really like them.

X

20. Morbi

Morbi Full Member

Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I just had a chocolate bar for the first time has made me feel sick :( Tastes like a milkybar Do the otherones taste like that?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.