I've let myself go

mel74123

Hi all

I've let myself go big time I met my husband 18 months ago and since then have put on 4 stone :cry:
We got married in Feb 2011 when i was 2 stone lighter than I was now, I remember feeling so fat and horrible but I still carried on eating in year leading up to my wedding I did weight watchers,Red lite,Xante,Alli.

Before I met my husband I had just lost 5 stone on sureslim, yes was a great feel good healthy eating plan but basiclly I had to be a hermit

Im so low I just need help knowing which path to take I am a serial drop out of diets I can lose the weight just cant keep it off im now 17st :sigh

Diets Tried
Lighter Life,Cambridge,Atkins,Dukan,slimming world, rosmary conley,diet chef,xante,red lite,hypno slim,sure slim,weight watchers,phentermine,dospan,weight loss boot camps and im sure many more Oh dear :eek:

i feel that in this case diets just wont work , you need to adjust your life and stop avoiding foods that you crave.

stick to lower fat , better ways of cooking (less oils butter sauces) grill meat and have veggies unbuttered and with less salt.
try and eat less bread..

make sure you dont eat too little as if your hungry you will eat too much.. and exercise weather its walking the stairs more or dancing on the spot if your moving your burning calories.

only a healthier lifestyle that you can stick to will help you keep weight off forever xx

omg you look amazing you must of worked very hard , I see you have had a tummy tuck recently did you have alot of excess skin ? hope that went well you must feel great
thanks for your advice i do appreciate it, do you exercise alot ? sorry about all the questions lol x

yeah exercise was a major part of my journey up to 3 hours a day but i love exercise so thats ok for me lol.. at the mo im propped up on pillows recovering and feeling sorry for myself because i cant move around much lol.

i had a LOT of loose skin yeah. if you go look at the recent posts of mine in my tummytuck thread (sucess stories) i posted pics of my tummy before and 9 days after xx

i am currently doing slimming world - but starting to get a bit fed up of it all i need to loose another 9 pound to get back to my pre baby weight then maybe another 1 and half stone and i was thinking about trying to just 'eat healthy' and keep it low fat as poss - will probs just follow sw loosely but fed up of saying i cant go out cos i cant eat anything because of being on a diet.

I have lost 4 stone 12 since oct doing sw at home at first then joined group in may but its really expensive to follow with all the fresh food and then weekly fees so i'm gonna go it alone for a month and see if i can do it :)

You could try my fitness pal.. There are a load of us over on there as well.

It works out your calories and you can get more by exercising... Worth a look :)

Good luck.

Thanks to piink _punkstarr wow you are a true inspiration have had a look over all your posts and just cant believe how fab you look
Thanks for allowing people like me to see that it is possible no matter how much we have to lose its very much appreciated
x x x

Hi thanks to happyhealty another great inspirational story and wow you look great.
Ive been on my new plan a week basically limited carbs and haven't had a drink for a week and have lost 7lbs am so happy with that now if i can just keep it up and lose 1-2 lbs a week that will do me just fine
My friend asked me to be her bridesmaid next year so have added incentive to do this x

You sound like me Mel. Since i met my hubby 18 months ago, my weight has piled on (we also got married in feb, what date?), i had already put on a stone in weight before meeting him and then a further 3 stone. :(

For the past 12 months i have really struggled, i managed to lose a stone before the wedding, but then piled it back on and more after. I am desperate to lose it, but just can't seem to keep the motivation up for longer than a couple of days. My job doesn't help, infrequent breaks, finishing late, various shifts, means i don't get the time to eat and then i'll pig out on crap when i get home because im starving hungry and need a quick energy fix.

We will get there though. I'm in no hurry to get it off quick, just as long as it is coming off!

Back