I've lost my mojo!!!!- ramble ...ramble...

Mrs Harley

Ok girls here is the deal.....guess I am feeling a bit down and need to get it off my chest...ramble....ramble..ramble...

Since moving to the USA I haven't been able to find a job....and I am really loosing my motivation for everything...I have kept myself on a routine,(because I think that is important to me).. My schedule has been getting up at 5.45 to get hubby's lunch ready and get the coffee on, feed the cats etc..... then once he is off to work at 6.30 I get on my PC and check mails, catch up with people in the UK ( and catch up on this forum). Usually i will go have breakfast around 8am then (I should) start my cleaning.... everyday I sweep the tilesd floors in the hall, kitchen and breakfast room and wash them, but try to stagger the other stuff so Monday I start with upstairs,we have a big house but there is only hubby and me so most of it doesn't get used all week. Tuesday and Wednesday I do the downstairs rooms, hoover dust etc, Thursday I do our master suite ( bed bath and walk in closet) so I have Friday reasonably clear for shopping and stuff..then weekends are clear for going out on the Harley or doing what ever Phil wants to do..but this last few weeks I have really lost all motivation to do anything..... guess I just woke up one morning and thought is this all I do.....we have a gym in one of the back bedrooms and I was using it everyday for about half hour.. the last few weeks I dont think I have even opened the door up there...I have tried to change my routine but keep going back to the same thing as with the layout of the house its the most logical one.....and I do like logic...
I am sticking to my food plan, but ( and I know its still a loss) have been loosing 1lb a week so since I put hubby and me on the plan have lost 11lb.... thats kewl I only have about 20lb to loose and dont care if it takes a month or 6 to come off, but hubby has lost over 15lb and he isnt half as active as I have been.....granted he has got 3 stone to loose so it makes sense ...I seem to be stuck at home, and sometimes dont see anyone for days....I like to get out everyday if I can so drive to the mall and walk round for an hour or so.....tis a huge mall so its good exercise...but I have lost my mojo somewhere and cant seem to find it ...HELP!!!!!!"!

Well.... that feels better, maybe today is the day I get motivated...if not I will try again tomorrow.......thanks for the ramble....

33 posts in a month?! You clearly aren't spending enough time on here :p

Only kidding love! :D Hiya! Awwww, it's bound to be sad, moving to a whole nother country and all. Thank Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn (I just googled that...:eek:) for inventing the internet!

It's sad when someone who starts a diet because YOU put them on it loses weight faster, but it's just sod's law! He may not be more active but he does get out of the house more, so maybe you can do the same? Forget the gym in the back room, go out for a jog. You may just meet a fellow jogger on your travels, and you might not exactly be able to approach them without feeling a bit odd on the first time you see them but the occasional wave here and there, you might bag yourself an exercise partner!

Walking around the mall sounds lovely! I don't know if it's possible to walk around a whole mall without going into any shops and not have people stare at you thinking 'I'm sure I just saw her pass about 20 minutes ago!' but you can do it! Walk fast, time yourself, buy a pedometer and stick it in your pocket or on your belt, go into the shops and have a good walk around each shop a few times, whether you like anything or not. You may see something you really fancy, and you can buy it in a smaller size so that you're motivated to get into it.

Alternatively, do what I'd do if I had a huge entire house all to myself... Blast your absolute favourite CD and dance around the house like a mad woman! No one is there to watch or judge, just hubby if he comes home early and surprises you, but I'm sure it will entertain him :p you can clean to the music, you can dance to it, you can just have it on in the backgroup to uplift your spirits, anything! Have it on while you're cooking - try out some new SW recipes to tickle your tastebuds and keep you busy for a couple of hours. You will need a lovely meal after all that dancing and hubby will appreciate it very much :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why not join a gym or some kind of club........ sounds like you are lacking company and the stimulation of other people.

I do not know what your interests or hobbies are but I do know you would find a bikers club no problem.

As far as weight loss is concerned yours sounds fine and just as it should be.

You are lucky to have a car to get out in. You can attend any group or club you want. I live in the sticks, we only have one car so I do understand your need for some stimulation. I get mine at work ( markets ) and luckily my husband shares those three days with me.

I hope you find something that helps...........

You need to get out & make friends. I think you maybe just bored of teh same old routine.

As Fillymum says join som clubs/groups..

Hope you find your mojo XX

OMG hadnt realised I had posted that often.....what with this site and FB I think I could go for a record...LOL

I guess I am maybe a little homesick today.....hence the ramble

Thanks for the links Fillymum, and thanks girls for your suggestions.

When I go to the mall I make sure I am wearing my trainers so it looks like I am there on a mission, lots of people use our mall for power walking.....so I guess they are used to it.

We are in a bike club and meet with them as often as we can, hubby's job means he is on call ( he manages global telephony systems) so we are limited as to what we can do and for how long as he has to be able to log on and fix things within a certain time frame..

There are lots of clubs and organisations here but as it is summer most are now closed until the fall....thats prob why I have been feeling like this...the company my hubby works for has a Spouses Association who meet for coffee mornings and lots of other things.. set up for people specifically like me .....

I have been out for a couple of jogs but most people here are out all day, my next door neighbour is home and I have invited her and her little boy in for coffee several times...she came in once...but she likes to keep herself to herself..although we do see her with her family and our other neighbours often.... we regularly have BBQ's etc at weekends.....we have a neighbourhood pool, 5 mins walk way and I am starting to go there in the mornings when it opens at 10..its closed Monday so guess I feel at a loose end....

Thinking about it, I could be feeling like this because its the summer, I don't recall feeling this way through the winter.... having gone from being someone who has always worked and in a high pressure environment to being a housewife....I feel redundant....looking for work is no joy after all these years....but I am keeping trying....I even applied for shelf stacking at the local supermarket....haha.. they didn't want me either.....

I must admit reading back I sound sorry for myself, in truth I am not....I have a great life and great home and a wonderful hubby and the best friends I could ever wish for...My best friend from school lives an hours drive from me....strange huh...she's been here since she was 19 after marrying a Texan, and we get together often so I am not too alone.... we have been friends since we were 11 - thats 42 years...wow!!!!

Anyway am working on my mojo as we speak ... just noticed the floors need washing so with my tunes blasting.....thank god the neighbours are out all day.....I am dancing up and down the hallway listening to Joe Nichols singing Tequila makes her clothes fall off....oooo errrr misses.....

fillymum is right you need to find something outside the house. I 'd be ranting if all I did was clean in the week.What about a acollege course if you dont fancy the clubs(dont know if it is too expensive)-doesnt have to be academic-could be carpentry or something you just nfancy. Give you a chance to meet other people like you. xx

Having lived in several countries I know how difficult it can be at first - I used to get a general sadness which I couldn't pin on anything - looking back now it seems obvious I was homesick.

I didn't used to think I was homesick - after all, moving to another country is meant to be exciting and fun, etc, etc. But even the most thrilling place in the world doesn't always make up for the friends you've left behind, even if you chat/ MSM them regulary. It can feel even worse if you don't see anyone during the day when your partner's at work.

The good news is that it does get better - you get used to your new home, you get to meet new people and make new friends. The advice you've been given about joining clubs or the gym is good - if money's a bit tight there are often reading groups or hobby clubs you can join.

Good luck - just remember what you are feeling is normal and it will get better!:)

I can only agree with a lot of what has been said about living abroad. Especially the homesickness. After nearly 29 years of living abroad I still get homesick even though I speak the language and am very well integrated. You are so right it is supposed to be exciting but often the reality is so different.

Mrs. Harley does have her lifelong best friend not far away so I think her problem goes a bit deeper than that.

Boredom can chip away at you in the most insidious ways and no matter what anyone tells you sometimes it is just impossible to find the get up and go to relieve that boredom.

The bit about the general sadness really struck a cord for me. I feel it often and would love to be amongst my own with my own culture but this was initially my own choice so I have to get on with it.

Mrs. Harley......I do hope today is a whole new day for you and that you are feeling better than you were yesterday.

xxxx

I can only agree with a lot of what has been said about living abroad. Especially the homesickness. After nearly 29 years of living abroad I still get homesick even though I speak the language and am very well integrated. You are so right it is supposed to be exciting but often the reality is so different.

Mrs. Harley does have her lifelong best friend not far away so I think her problem goes a bit deeper than that.

Boredom can chip away at you in the most insidious ways and no matter what anyone tells you sometimes it is just impossible to find the get up and go to relieve that boredom.

The bit about the general sadness really struck a cord for me. I feel it often and would love to be amongst my own with my own culture but this was initially my own choice so I have to get on with it.

Mrs. Harley......I do hope today is a whole new day for you and that you are feeling better than you were yesterday.

xxxx

Thanks I think it is the boredom after being in the work force all my life... its not the first move we have had with the company and they do look after the spouses, they have a great spouses association where there is always something going on... just not in the summer months... guess lots of people are on vacation....but today I am having a girly day with my mate... my 2 - 10 month old kittens have had me in hysterics with laughter ( both appear to have the devil in them today doing things they havent done before or shouldn't be doing) so I think I am all set....have a great day

Off the cuff here, what about speaking to SW and becoming a Consultant there in Texas???
You would be working hours that suit you, helping people with the plan and earning an income from it?

Off the cuff here, what about speaking to SW and becoming a Consultant there in Texas???
You would be working hours that suit you, helping people with the plan and earning an income from it?

Thanks Mrs V... I have already been in touch with them, spoke to a lady called yvonne Sanders who advised me that at present they are not moving into the Houston Area..although she did say it was the next city to be targeted... as the logistics of setting up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area proved more costly than they originally thought... however she has my name on file and will call me when they decide to move forward with Houston... unfortunately DFW area is about 5 hours drive from us.....geez I didn't realise how big Texas was till I moved here, you could fit the whole of the UK, France and Holland into the state and still have room to move....so getting to Dallas isn't an option..... but it is defiantly something I want to do..if/when they roll it out...

I think yesterday I was probably just on an off day.... hormones or something.....LOL

So glad to hear it Mrs. Harley.

Makes for happy reading,

cheers xxxx

Back