Ive lost the plot.... can you all help me find it again, PLEASE!

Sambucca

Gold Member
I dont know what is wrong with me.

I have done well on this diet so far and lost 4 stones but this last 48 hours I have done nothing but stuff my face.

I wont tempt you all by telling you what Ive eaten, lets just say its A LOT, and none of it healthy either.

I have been rethinking my target weight as I am now a size 14 so think perhaps I dont need to go as low as I originally though I did.

It seems that the chatterbox has got the better of me this last couple of days, telling me I dont need to lose anymore when I know that I do need to carry on, just not sure how much more I need to lose.

Ive had so much stress these last few weeks, wth house moving, little one starting nursery, trying to choose a secondary school for my eldest, job interviews, neils tax return etc etc etc, Im not looking for excuses though. In fact I coped with all of these things without eating, it seems that I turned to food after completing all of these tasks. It doesnt make sense to me.

Please help me. Im not ready to give up just yet. I dont want to get back to square one and put the weight back on.

So can you all have a good look around and see if you can see where I have left my plot, because I need it back ASAP.

The amount you have already lost - shows that you have amazing resolve. You just need to stop binging NOW - remember how well you have done and say tomorrow is day 1 again

It's a much better day1 than last time too, becuase you have already come so far!!

Come on you can do it - absolutely no doubt!!

Look at how much you have lost! You know u can do this- how bad would it be if u regained and it was all for nothing. U need to stop it now, put it behind you, pick yourself up and try again. YOU CAN DO THIS!:D

Hi Sam,

Its just a blip! Dont panic! Just keep reminding yourself how much you want to be slim and remember how bad you feel when you ate all the naughty stuff.

It will hit home and you will be able to stop, it just might take another day or two to kick in? Im reading a very good book at the moment called how to cope with emotional overeating. I got it on ebay and I have to admit its very good if you wanted to give it a try?

Hi Sam, you can get back on track, you've done so well, look at how much you've lost already and you dont want to undo all that hard work. This is a minor blip that you can draw a line under and start again. Im really motivated at the moment so im willing to share some of it with you, infact ive just posted it to you so you should have it in the morning when the postie arrives!
You already look great, but just visualise yourself at all those lovely christmas parties and family do's and think of what an amazing reaction your going to get.

You can and will do this xxx

Hiya
It seems to be a feature for many people that, when they get closer to goal, that initial 'desperation' dissolves and that's when a VLCD becomes really hard.

Are you on SS? Maybe it's time to think about 790 to add a bit of variety.
All I can say on this issue is, wherever your motivation & determination is within you ... PLEASE FIND THEM because if you don't, you risk sliding down a slope that is VERY hard to come back from.

I regained 4st in what seemed like the blink of an eye. In fact, I regained it at the rate I lost it - a stone per month. At that rate, I could have been right back up to 22st scarily fast. Now I'm having to retread old ground: it's a bit like that film 'Ice cold in Alex' where they spend all day winching an army truck to the top of a sand-dune only for it to roll back to the bottom! Psychologically, it's a very, very hard task to pull back from what feels like such a monumental failure.

Please don't follow my pitiful example. You've only slipped for 48 hours: draw a line in the sand and stop right there. I know you've been under a lot of stress but if you eat in response (like I did) then you'll still have the same situations AND you'll be fatter! It doesn't help with the stress - only adds to it!

YOU CAN DO IT. I know you can!!

Hugs

Hi Sam

I found it so difficult when I had a "blip" and mine was only after 2.5 weeks of starting CD. I kept thinking "one more day of eating won't hurt now, the damage is done." It would be sooo much easier for you to stop now and stick to CD than to wait a day, week, month before sticking to it again. I now keep thinking "if only I had got going with it again the day after my blip I'd now be a stone and a half nearer my goal."

You obviously CAN do this, very well! Look how much you have lost, it's a fantastic loss. If you can keep it up you will be at your goal in no time :)

Good luck. I know how it feels. I hope you find your plot soon :D

Let's all go and hunt for Sam's plot and find it for her and give it back :)

Big :hug99: for you Sam

Sam, you are normally the rock on here and help everyone else, so you need to find your plot ASAP, I will put out an advert for you and see if anyone has seen it !, no seriously, you are doing brilliantly, dont beat yourself up about this episode, just get back on track ASAP, it is so hard, but you can do it. We are all here for you xxx

SAM

You've have been so inspirational to others and your support for me last week is what got my fantastic WI result on Monday....

You have to draw a line under the last few days and start a fresh...

* Find some time to think about what you want from being on CD
now as no doubt your goal and intentions have now changed
having lost a fantastic 4 stone.

* Re-read the CD books and decide if you need to continue on SS or
start to move up the plans and have a chat with your CDC.

* Set yourself a couple of mini-goals.

* Write down some treats that you can have when you reach these
goals and put them in a cup or tub for you to pick one out when
you get there.

* Choose a fantastic outfit for Christmas.

* Keep posting on here.

You can do this and you know you can do this...

We're not going to let you fail, it's as simple as that, so get your head where it needs to be because you know once you're there the diet works...

H xx

Thanks to all of you who have given me a much needed kick. I know I have to continue. Im still obese FFS and will stay that way unless i get my arse into gear.

I'll let you all in on a little secret. I had plans to apply to become a CDC and I know I wont be able to do that unless I refocus and get some more of this lard shifted.

Is it BMI 28 to be a CDC?

Sam - you'll make an excellent CDC. Yes it's BMI 28.

I'm like Debbie, and regained 2 of my 4 stone lost once I'd got to my target 11stone size 12/14. It is soooooo much harder the 2nd time around - so please find your plot soon!

Tips to help - brush your teeth .... you'll not want to put food into a clean mouth, drink water, go for a walk, come on here, sell your "fat" clothes, email/'phone your CDC (that's what we're here for!), pedicure/manicure, go through your old photos and see what you looked like before, put a tight piece of string or belt round your waist to remind yourself you are trying to lose weight .....

Good luck!

SAM, now look here, you will not give up - we wont let you.

You must just draw a line under it and look FORWARD. You have done amazingly well and the end is in sight - it really wont be much longer.

Have you looked at the reasons why you have slipped up? Could you think of any other way to deal with those triggers?

Have a look at my 7 day thread - i've tried to give myself a boost this week as i'm on holiday so i'm trying lots of new activities and generally just trying to cheer myself up:D is there anything that you have always wanted to have a go at?

Sam, you have been so inspirational to others on here and its obviously just a blip for you. Keep going to the end - you will be SO proud of yourself when you get there:)

xxx

DON`T PANIC SAM

Its ok I have found your "PLOT" for you, It was right where you left it, in the fridge. But now it has been returned to you, its rightful owner it will start to work at the stroke of midnight,, lol

Good luck I know how you feel, I lost 4 lb at wi yesterday and all day and today I have eaten OOOOhhhhh.
But back to ss tomorrow, I`m game if you are Sam?? Need to get my bmi to 28 too..

Hi Sam

You have done sooo well, please don't give up now. A little something to try..... Sit down quietly, shut your eyes and really remember the feelings you had when you stood on the scales and saw your loss, when you were able to get into a smaller size, when someone paid you a compliment, when you liked what you saw in the mirror... the list goes on. Really feel all those positive feelings and the smile it brings to your face. Compare that with how you feel now that you are struggling.

Hope this helps in some way. We are all here for you and together we can get through this blip.

Georgie
xx

Sam huni, i really do hope you get your head back in the right place really very soon and the plot returns as of now for you, you no this diet works you only have to look at how well you have done to see it does so please dont let this blip carry on any longer
you are so kind and supportive to us all ,you are our rock, your an insiration to all and you will make a fantastic cdc
YOU CAN AND WILL GET TO THE GOAL YOU WANT
We wont give up on you we all will help you babe xx

You have all been so kind with the lovely things you have said. THank you.

I ate again yesterday but at least it was three "normal" meals instead of crap like crisps and chocolate.

Ive got to get a grip today as my own scales (which I try not to use as a rule) say Ive gained 6lb!! If I have it bloody serves me right.

So heres my line

And now its behind me and today is a new day. Im gonna do my best to get through today on SS but if its too much of a struggle I will have a 790 type meal this evening.

I calculated that BMI 28 for me would be 12st 11lb so Im going to change my ticker to that, and then hopefully the road ahead wont seem so daunting. Who knows, when I get to that weight I may decide that I can manage to go a bit lower.

Thanks again for all of your encouragement and support. I love minimins and I wish I knew each and every one of you in "real life". I think we would all get on great!

good luck wl8s hope you get back on track asap i ve been struggling to get back on trtack so i know how hard it is so good luck you can do it

You're sounding a lot more positive today Sam....I know you can do this. You have been a wonderful inspiration to lots of us on here are we are all very proud of what you have acheived so far.

Changing you're ticker is a good idea, and you will soon be at your goal.

You will make a wonderful CDC because you can empatheise (SP)? with people that have weight problems.

Stick with it Sam, come on the daily as much as you can and keep focused on your goal to be a lovely CDC like myself (own trumpet blowing..lol)..:D
I wish I lived nearer to you I would come and give you huge (((((hug))))).

Have a good day
Take Care

HM
XX

Back