Extra Easy Ive stayed the same :(

dipsy1512

I have been really good all week and stayed the same. I know it's better than a gain so im trying not to grumble too much but I've only been having breakfast of either porridge or fruit with yoghurt, lunch of wholemeal roll or salad with fruit so max 2 syns on butter for my roll and dinner has been syn free meals, no evening snacks. So all in all a max of 2 syns on a couple of days so I would have thought I would have had a loss. I didn't manage to fit in any gym sessions last week so I'm wondering if that's the reason why, also been on antibiotics but can't see that making a difference.

Sorry for the moan, I'm not giving up I think it's the not understanding why that's bugging me.

Onwards I go..............

The lack of Syns is probably more the reason why. Syns are just as important to the plan as your free and superfree foods are, so you really need to have them. You should aim to have a minimum of 5 per day.

It's a common myth that not eating your Syns will make you lose weight quicker. It can actually work the other way - not eating enough of them can hinder your losses! I'd work on that this week.

Are you measuring your A's and B's properly? Double check everything you're eating to make sure you're counting them properly. Also make sure you eat enough.

The scales might shock you the other way next week

Good advice there. And try mixing your meals up a little bit more if you tend to have the same things all the time. That may help too. :)

Good idea to try to mix up your meals a bit more. When I used to attend group my weight loss halted for a while even though I was sticking to plan and my consultant suggested mixing up by B choices as almost every day I was using them on Weetabix and bread. When I cut these out a few days a week and had something different, my losses picked up again.

Thanks for your replies. My a and b choices are fine apart from I never use all the milk allowance. Dinners are always varied so that's ok but the breakfast and lunch are usually 3 different options. I think this week I may try using more syns and getting to the gym more, it's such a bum getting up at half 5 to go but it's the only time I can fit it in so I have to go before work every other morning.

Thanks for your help, hopefully I will get a better result this week xx

I'm only in week 3 and have STS this week. Bit sad as I've stuck to things religiously

I agree that more tasty syns are in order but trying weighing that butter instead of guessing 2 Syns, if that's the only synnage you're enjoying then it is very unlikely to push you up to 10-15 syns, but it'd be great to put a concrete figure on that!

Back