Extra Easy I've stopped losing...

Brozz1e

I have since the beginning of October 2014 lost a total of 5st 1lb, I've gone from 20st 7lb to 15st 6lb. I've been on slimming world and as you can tell, I've done really well, problem being I have now hit a brick wall for the last 5 weeks I have lost 0lb, I've not gained nor lost. I am doing all exactly the same things that were giving me the results I was looking for. Now I'm starting to lose faith in everything I'm doing.

I have stopped going to SW because I thought I wasn't getting any more from it, since I've stopped so has my weight loss, surely this hasn't stopped because I don't go to SW and weighing in anymore?

I still eat the same foods as I have since day 1 of SW, I stick well within my syns, I keep away from all the distractions that can make me come of tracks. I go to the gym every other day for anything from 1hr 30min to 3hr's, I do at least 50 lengths in the swimming pool and at least 1 x 15 mile bike ride a week. So I think I'm doing more than enough exercise each week.

I'm now getting so frustrated, I just want to know if this is normal to just stop losing. I WILL NOT go back to how I was pre-diet but I could quite easily say sod it and go out for a right binge out then feel so quilty about what Ive done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know how you feel I stopped loosing on EE last July and not getting help from the group and in particular the consultant I stopped going to club and continued at home alone. I too gained a small amount of weight with my husband telling me that my portions were out of control I think SW with its free food had encouraged larger portions getting ever bigger and still feeling hungary. I watched the TV programme about sugar addiction and have since read a couple of books on the subject it all makes sense to me which SW did not entirely make sense on some things particularly as they changed the plan in January. So I think quitting sugar will be the way to go for me. Perhaps you would like to look at this and see what you think

Do you have a diary?

I have since the beginning of October 2014 lost a total of 5st 1lb, I've gone from 20st 7lb to 15st 6lb. I've been on slimming world and as you can tell, I've done really well, problem being I have now hit a brick wall for the last 5 weeks I have lost 0lb, I've not gained nor lost. I am doing all exactly the same things that were giving me the results I was looking for. Now I'm starting to lose faith in everything I'm doing.

I have stopped going to SW because I thought I wasn't getting any more from it, since I've stopped so has my weight loss, surely this hasn't stopped because I don't go to SW and weighing in anymore?

I still eat the same foods as I have since day 1 of SW, I stick well within my syns, I keep away from all the distractions that can make me come of tracks. I go to the gym every other day for anything from 1hr 30min to 3hr's, I do at least 50 lengths in the swimming pool and at least 1 x 15 mile bike ride a week. So I think I'm doing more than enough exercise each week.

I'm now getting so frustrated, I just want to know if this is normal to just stop losing. I WILL NOT go back to how I was pre-diet but I could quite easily say sod it and go out for a right binge out then feel so quilty about what Ive done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think we need a little more information here.

Firstly, do you keep a food diary?

What kind of things do you eat after the Gym, are you eating protein after working out to build muscle?

How well hydrated are you?

Have you considered doing an SAS log for you to be 100% honest with yourself?

Have you tried switching plans at all or have you just been doing EE the whole time?

I found that EE slowed my losses completely and that I was maintaining a lot of the time.
Switching to the SP plan has started to help me lose weight again at an albeit slower rate but it beats constantly maintaining! :D

I think that plateaus are completely normal and sometimes our body's way of underpinning and embedding all the changes before we set off losing again. The problem is it is just so disheartening.
I had a bit of a plateau last year. I eventually managed to get past it by combining SW with a couple of very lo call days a week thrown in. Ie only eating about 600 cals on a Monday and Thursday. I only had to do that for a couple of weeks and I was past the plateau and next time I get stuck I'll definitely try the same again.

Edited to add: I've just reread your post and it sounds like you have been averaging about a stone a month so far. That is a hell of a lot for your body to cope with. I think your body is just taking time to catch up with itself.

Last edited:
Back