Ive upset my husband help me pleeeeease :)

He had another I'm going to starve wobble this morning cause we are both trying to give up the cigs I nearly killed him :) x

Giving up smoking is so hard and it's even harder when you don't let yourself gain weight while doing it. Sounds like you and husband are doing great job of it - keep it going! :)

missy1978 said:
Giving up smoking is so hard and it's even harder when you don't let yourself gain weight while doing it. Sounds like you and husband are doing great job of it - keep it going! :)

Thanks very much we just need to be super healthy for ttc bubba 2! It's gonna suck a little bit but will be worth it :) x

FionaMcd said:
Thanks very much we just need to be super healthy for ttc bubba 2! It's gonna suck a little bit but will be worth it :) x

I hear you, same for me. I was still taking nicorette up until a couple of months ago, even though I gave up smoking ages ago I found it so hard to take that last step. When I found out that even nicorette can affect your chances I packed it straight up. It will be so worth it when you have your second little 'un! x

FionaMcd said:
At the moment I'm going for the tabs and Hubbie has patches and mouth spray. Fingers crossed we can do this :) x

You have the best motivation you can ever have - you will do it xxx

when my hubby give up we put £5 in a jar each day (he probs spent 4 a day but was easier to round up). we said he had to wait a month before he could spend it which was £150 to spend as he liked.

It might be better for him to choose how to spend his saved smoking money as needs to give him motivation.

with my Hubby it was easy... I do the cooking and if he does not want to cook then he eats what is given to him :D
he actually said it at work too when somebody asked him why is he eating so many greens, he said I don't cook so I eat what I'm given and don't complain :D now over 3 stones lighter he understands ;)

Tony is doing great now that he's in the swing of things he's choosing fruit etc over naughty things :) I think he'll do well. I am too tired and busy to cook separate dinners for him!! X

i'd like my boyfriend to go on it, more for health than weight loss. But he won't listen ha, this morning he woke up i had my weetabix he had 2 packs of skips!

Beckyftwx said:
i'd like my boyfriend to go on it, more for health than weight loss. But he won't listen ha, this morning he woke up i had my weetabix he had 2 packs of skips!

Oh dear lol don't think I could face chips this time of day :) x

Lol this reminds me of my boyfriend :) I keep trying to convince him to even just think about what he is eating even if he doesn't want to join me on with the eating plan but I have no luck.

Fiona - The idea about putting the money aside that you would have spend on smoking is great, my boyfriend quit around 4 years ago and puts the money aside still and since he has quite he has used it to buy himself treats like a PS3 and new mac laptop and he went to see him brother and family in australia which he could never have done otherwise. Keep up with it, it will be hard and your body will hate you for it whilst you go through withdrawals but the reasons you're doing it are so worthwhile. If it helps with motivation I was concieved when my Dad was a smoker and I'm only 5'3 and have had health issues like IBS but my brother who is 20 months younger than me was was concieved after my Dad stopped smoking is is over 6ft tall and has never had any health issues and the only difference between us was my Dad's smoking.

I dread to think how much money we spend each month on cigs:(

I haven't smoked but from the money he saved it's unbelievable, you just don't notice it when it's a fiver or so here or there but when you add it up and see the money building it's shocking and also a great motivation to stay off the cigs if you can.

Baby number 2 will thank you for it :)

I hope your still off the cigs. It is a great idea to save the money you spend on them. In a few months time get yourselves something nice from this.
How is your husband finding the diet now? One of my male friends joined sw on the same day as me in Feb this year & he has lost almost 4 stone since then.
He would be like your husband in that he loves his food but he is a good cook. Does your husband go to meetings or is he following it with you?
I know as some one who is overweight it can be hard to hear you need to lose weight, do walking ect but it is so worth doing this for your health & looks. As you lose weight you will feel better than you do at the moment.

Back