Jacket Potato

booo naughty packet :( ..... i just buy a pack of 4 and weigh them before cooking, they are usually around 200g each :)

hehe i have the problem of too many ideas i want to try in a week and not enough days! :)

..... got kfc for tea tonight ! :D .... have pp'd a few things so i know what i can have and stay in the pp's i have given for the meal :) ..... still not sure if i'm going to have chips or salad though .... i have salad lots at home and not chips so chips would be a nice treat ... but salad means i can have more chicken and i'll still have pp's for a dessert this evening :D

hehe yep it was really good :) .... went for chips in the end as had salad with my lunch but still only used 23pp so still a few points for me dessert from the 30 i was allowing myself :D

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me said:
hehe yep it was really good :) .... went for chips in the end as had salad with my lunch but still only used 23pp so still a few points for me dessert from the 30 i was allowing myself :D

That's really good well done

thank you :) .... i still didn't have a dessert as although i had the points i wasn't hungry. knowing i could have it was enough i think .... if i couldn't have had it i would probably have wanted it :D

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me said:
thank you :) .... i still didn't have a dessert as although i had the points i wasn't hungry. knowing i could have it was enough i think .... if i couldn't have had it i would probably have wanted it :D

Lol yeah I no what you mean. Well I made a apple and strawberry crumbled and because I didn't weigh the sugar and butter when stewing the apple and strawberries I punished myself and said it was 12pps :( not good but hey it was nice and yummy

ummm i luv crumble. was thinking about making an apple crumble but then i'd have to point the crumble ... and the custard i would have to have with it ..... so going to wait till we are a bit more into the cold weather when i really need it :D

i know tesco do a really nice crumble mix as i used to use that before the diet so going to try to remember to pp that next time i'm in there. i have some WW instant custard! :)

God damn I love a good jacket potato. When I'm feeling particularly lazy at the weekend, I buy these "ready" jacket potatoes in tescos. They do a light choices one with cheese and chive for 6pp (its a fair size potato) in a pack of 2 but the regular ones they do (not light choice) ALSO work out to 6pp. They have them split open and have dolloped in a creamy bitta mash and some cheese sprinkled on top. Its really nice and they're sometimes half price so keep an eye out if you're feeling as lazy as I do sometimes :p x

ohh will definitely keep an eye out for them :) .... i have seen the light choices one but not the other ones.

i have got jacket potato for tea tonight with sausage casserole ..... the casserole takes an hour in the oven so i just washed and pricked a potato and stuck it in the oven with that for an hour :D

ohh will definitely keep an eye out for them :) .... i have seen the light choices one but not the other ones.

i have got jacket potato for tea tonight with sausage casserole ..... the casserole takes an hour in the oven so i just washed and pricked a potato and stuck it in the oven with that for an hour :D
Yeah I saw the light choices and picked it up, turned around to look in the fridge opposite and there were normal ones that were cheaper and same pp... so I was like "hells yeah". Think they take 30-40 mins in oven from what I recall? Really moreish ;)

Your dinner just made my tummy rumble. Sounds fab. Never made a casserole before (sounds ridiculous I know). Must get the recipe off you sometime :) x

lol the recipe i did was turn the oven and stove on, put a pan on the stove brown a pack of WW sausages then chuck in a jar of ww sausage casserole sauce .... then put in the oven for an hour :) .... did me for tea tonight (3 sausages) and my daughter (2 sausages) .... then i still have 3 sausages and a little sauce for tomorrow :)

nice and easy :D hehe

Hi Hello_2_Slimmer_Me I used morrisons own crumble mix and for 1/6 of the packet (packet is 227g) its 5pps. But have to admit it was very nice. Normally I would use custard but I think because I added strawberries instead I didn't need the custard and anyway the custard I had was 4pps and I didn't have enough of points I could have used my weeklies but I was trying to avoid them lol.

Your casserole sounds very nice Im going to give that ago to next week. I think you should come and live at my house and do the cooking you have such good ideas lol.

ohh that does sound quite high :( ... maybe i'll run a home-made one through the calculator and see what that comes out as :)
... as can swap the sugar for sweetener and lower fat "butter"

..... nooo you can't have crumble without custard ... its like an unwritten rule ! :D

i know what you mean though about not wanting to use your weeklies .... i still have some left over from the weekend so might have a treat tonight as tomorrow i have to stay in my points as got WI thursday morning .... and can always walk off a few calories tomorrow if i need to, whereas if i eat loads tomorrow to use them up i might not have lost so much thursday morning and no time to do anything about it! lol

it was really nice, i had the left over for lunch today :D ..... with a Jacket potato !! (now there's a surprise, lol) ..... and it is easy to make :D ... i will have to do some harder casseroles for you too follow recipe for too once you've mastered this one .... some with more then 2 ingredients ! lol.

hehe i could hire myself out :) ..... i luv cooking ... i just find that when i cook it ends up being loads more pp then a ready meal ! lol .... so i don't cook anywhere near as much as i'd like too. :( ..... think all my home cooking is why i weigh as much as i do now, (well as much as i did when i started this diet), lol :D

Back