Jacqui's Journey

Thanks folks

Well check up went well, and I have had the ok to continue

I was the same weight as last time I went to the Dr's which means that I have lost the 10lb that I put on over the couple of months I was really off track so I am pleased with that.

So completely back on track now and raring to get some more weight off. I am on holiday in Italy for a week from the 2nd April so I really want to get some more weight off before I go.
Not sure what the food is going to be like where we are going but will do my best to stay withthe heathier options if I can.

Why is it that life throws everything it can at you at times to try and knock you off track. My step Dad looks like he is really ill, he had one biopsy last wed and has now been told he has got to go into hospital for further test on his chest (not the area that was biopsied). I went to see him today and he could hardly breathe and just seemed small which he has never seemed. I am really worried and struggling not to just give in and comfort myself with food like I would normally do.
On top of that work is manic we have a number of people off so it is worse than usual and I am having to do extra hours when really all I want to do is be with my family but if I don't do them then the clients I work with could be put at risk.
ARGH I just want things to settle down and be normal

new to xenical

Hi i have been taking xenical for the last 6 days. im not planning to weight myself for the next few weeks as i tend to quit diets if i dont see result straight away. im worried it wont work. i have only had one episode of the side effects so far and it was so deserved on my part. im trying to eat food thats low in fat eg chicken, salad, veg and lots of fruit so if the pills dont work then im sure all the low fat foods should help. anyone got any recipe ideas that you can share would be gladly apreciated

Well done on the loss, Jacqui. Clair-Louise welcome here and if you have a good look around you'll see loads of recipes to help you on your journey. Good luck!

Well I have had a horrendously emotional week and I have not coped with it at all well. I have only taken my tablets twice because I have eaten so badly which I know is not the point but I am so worried about my Dad and how ill he is that I have just gone through hell thinking of things.
On a positive although I have eaten badly for losing weight I have eaten better than I would have done in the past if the same things were happening and I have not gained anything so that is really good.
I go on holiday on Friday for a week to Italy so will try to be as good as I can be while I am away, and a nice fresh start when I get back.

Well back from my holiday. Had an amazing time while I was away, but given I had never been to the area before and wasn't sure what the cuisine was going to be like I am glad that I stopped taking the xenical a couple of days before as it was very limited in the types of food that would have been ok, not because they were there but because I had no idea how to ask for them or spot them on the different menus. so ended up eating lots of things that would have made me quite poorly.

The good news however is that unlike normal I have been able to get back on track straight away on my return and have already lost the weight that I gained on holiday, and am getting into that fresh fat so I am happy with that.

Well a week back on track and I am 3lb lighter than I was last week which is great and I am back to the lightest I have been in a couple of years which is really cool.

I am hoping for another couple of pounds this week, but it is TOTM so not worrying too much. Still trying hard but am aware the scales might not reflect things the same way.

Horrid week have totally lost the plot where food is concerned and have struggle to get anywhere near back on track.
I have tried to refocus today and am trying my best to stay on track.
wi result this week was a horrid gain which I know is no one's fault but my own. I am really annoyed with myself for doing it as I had been going really well again since I restarted properly and had lost a reasonable amount of weight which I now have to relose. that is the bit that annoys me the having to redo what you have already done. But hey ho I can only keep trying.

I have decided that this 30 day June challenge is going to be good for me. I have been going up and down so much over the last couple of months as I have been letting my emotional eating get the better of me.
I have got to get control of that as otherwise even when I do get to goal I won't stay there which is not what I want.

In the last 2 months I have actually lost 9lb but because of the weeks I have gained I am only 3lb lighter. Have much wasted effort is that having to keep losing the same lb's all the time.

So I am going to do my best to stay on track and keep control

Date
Weight - Total change
12th April - 14st 9lb
19th April - 14st 6lb -3lb
26th April - 14st 4lb -5lb
2nd May - 14st 7lb -2lb
9th May - 14st 5lb -4lb
17th May - 14st 4lb -5lb
24th May - 14st 7lb -2lb
31st May - 14st 6lb -3lb

Back