jade goody

SBR08

:cry:totally off topic, i found it so sad that she passed away on mothers day. those poor little boys

Yep it is such a shame :(

I think everyones thoughts will be with her today

I find her all story sad, she wasn't a bad person but to be taken at the age of 27 when she has 2 lovely boys aged 4 and 5 is just tragic. The only good i think to come out of this is that women who have not had a smear test for quite a while are all going to get them done, so hopefully lives will be saved. I haven't had a smear test for 12 years and am currently awaiting the results, just hope its all ok.

OK, without out meaning to sound unsympathetic to the fact that 2 little boys have lost their mother, I'm somewhat peeved off that she died today.
A lot of people have said that they are going to be thinking about her today and thats whats peeving me off, people are going to be thinking about HER!! Today wasn't meant to be about her and now I find it hard to enjoy Mothers Day knowing that it's now not even about every other mum, it's completely dominated by Jade Goody's death.
I don't mean to sound bitter but I just think it's unfair that her body chose to shut down on this day.

its sad but least she is at peace now

OK, without out meaning to sound unsympathetic to the fact that 2 little boys have lost their mother, I'm somewhat peeved off that she died today.
A lot of people have said that they are going to be thinking about her today and thats whats peeving me off, people are going to be thinking about HER!! Today wasn't meant to be about her and now I find it hard to enjoy Mothers Day knowing that it's now not even about every other mum, it's completely dominated by Jade Goody's death.
I don't mean to sound bitter but I just think it's unfair that her body chose to shut down on this day.

Hey hun, I'm a little bit shocked with your opinion and can only assume that ya are having a bad day. When I got up this morning the first thing I thought about was my mum and called her straightaway to celebrate Mothers day. I did hear about jade goody and was very saddened by her loss but I think when people say she will be remembered on Mothers Day its meant in a way of consolement for her boys. All she cared about was her boys and making sure they will be well looked after which makes it even more special to die on mothering sunday. I don't she had a hand in what day she died if she did do ya really think she would have passed away so early in her life??!! Mothering sunday is what you make of it, if you want to forget about everything else then just go out and enjoy yourself and tell everyone that this is your day and only you want to enjoy it. I dont think you are being unsympathetic but have a little step back and think that there are two little boys growing up without a mummy and think what its like for them and what this day is going to mean for them. I am thankful every day that I have got my mum around me and even though we may not get on 100% of the time i dont know what I would do if she was suddenly taken away from me.

ok end of rant......

wow im really shocked and a bit saddened by your response. I too called my mum first thing and told her how much i love her (as she is away on holiday). I dont think her death has overshadowed mothers day at all, it just makes in more poignant for her little boys who are only 4 and 5, god bless them!
im sure people are still going about their normal lives today, spending time with their mums etc, so its not really dominated by her death

Words fail me .......................................

Flabergasted! :eek:
I don't see how sparing a thought for Jade and her kids is impacting on you or your day?? I am also thinking about the Irish Rugby teams homecoming to Dublin today at 4.30pm. So are most Irish families......does that ruin Mothers' Day too???

I think it very poigniant that she died today. For me it has made me appreciate the fact that I still have my mom. I am even more grateful that my family has never been touched by this sort of sadness. I am ever more appreciative that I am here spending mothers' day with my children and family.

I don't know about you but I have not changed anything I had planned because of Jade's death. I have however changed my plans to allow us all to watch the Irish Rugby team and boxer Bernard Dunne being honoured by our officials in the City Centre today.....thousands will turn out for it.

As for it being unfair that her body CHOSE to shut down today!!!! That is like saying it is unfair that your body decided to put up a stone in weight when you stuffed your face for 6 months!!

:copon:

Utterley speechless :eek:

Sara i totally agree with you!

It is a sad thing that has happend, but her body didnt chose to shut down today!

Personally i think your opinion is a bit harsh and totally heartless.

Yes she is not the only one who has died today, yes ok its all over the media but if anything it should make you appreciate the fact that you are still here and i dont know if you have kids but if you do it should also make you realise that you're children still have their mum.

Jades boys are not going to remember much of her and this is the saddest thing.

How you can say something like that is beyond me.

OK, reading your response's and reading my blog back, I can see how what I have said has caused offence.
I DO have the utmost sympathy for her boys and family. Her death was very tragic and I do regret my post. I am not the most heartless person in the world. Honest. It just frustrates me that no matter where I go, no matter what I'm doing, everyone is talking about it and I suppose what is getting me down about the whole situation is that it's not nice to think about death on a day when we are celebrating our mothers.
Her boys and her mother will never have a proper mothers day again and that is very very sad and I was very harsh with what I said but it just upset me greatly that the first thing on mothers day wasn't for my mum, it was for someone else.
Anyway, I apologise for any offence caused by my previous post. I should have said things in a much less harsh way.
I am sure she would never have chosen to die on this day of all days. As I said, I was upset and aired it in the wrong time and place.
My apologies xxx

No worries babe!

Yup - exactly what kred said.

:D :D :D :D

Well I hate upsetting people and I know what I said probably spoilt mothers day more than Jade actually dying and I feel so unbelievably bad about it now. Shouldn't let my personal feelings interfere with something as sad as this. But I am truly sorry for what was said. I'm lucky I still have my mum and I'll be heartbroken when she dies. I just don't think properly sometimes. *sigh*

You didn't ruin anyone's mothers day hun! It was actually most interesting thread all day!! LOL! Now I have set up a virtual reality pub thread.....come over there and have a drink and forget about it!

Back