Jan Moley Maintenance

I've had a week off for a holiday in spain (had a lovely time), put on two pounds which I don't think is too bad all things considered, another week off coming up - a tricky one, I'll be seeing friends that don't live close by and work colleagues (I work at home so only see my colleagues once or twice a year - I've never been slimmish when I've seen them before, ever).

I'll be back next Thursday and will catch up properly here, have to decide what to do next, I think that it's really important to me to get to goal, if I don't I will feel as if I've failed even though I haven't so I might sole source for a couple of weeks to try to get back on track, the other options are to stick with 850 (which doesn't suit me really) or to move up but I feel that if I move up, I'll have to accept this weight as my final one so I don't know.

I hope everyone is doing well :)

Jan
x

Hey Jan..
Hope you had a lovely holiday in Spain and well done for only putting on 2 lbs thats great.. You obviously did really well........
Those 2 lbs will be off in no time..
xxx

Hi Jan, I bet the 2lbs will soon be gone, I put on 1.6lb whilst away and didn't get home until Saturday and it has gone already, haven't even done anything drastic to get rid of it. I am still losing weight on 1000, I found that 810 didn't really suit me and have lost more moving up to 1000, am now on 1200 and still losing weight, so moving up doesn't mean you wont still lose. Have a great week meeting your work colleagues and friends... cya soon, take care hon.

Thanks Greeneyes (do you by the way, have green eyes?)

I haven't managed to restart anything Cambridge wise this week too much stress (standard stress nothing new). I haven't put weight on either though, so that's ok.

I'm going to look into starting 1000 next week.

Jan

Hi Jan, interesting reading your diary, we have both been going through the same struggles. Hope your holiday was good, sorry this week was stressy.

Things aren't too bad, I've been looking through the plans for moving up and am not that enamoured with them. The house is full of cakes at the moment as well, so lots of temptation.

I'm thinking about trying having two shakes per day along with a sensible meal in the evening (sort of combining the breakfast and dinner calories) and seeing how I get on. Perhaps with a couple of fruit snacks as well to make me feel a bit healthier.

I think that sole source worked for me because the rules were simply to follow and if I am going to get working up the plans to work I need to make that simple as well.

The other option that I have it to move onto weight watchers for the last stone - that would be free for me to do now because I'm below my WW goal ATM (it's an old one from 4 years ago, lol). But I want to try this first.

Do you think it will work?

I have just moved down a clothes size and so my secret weapon to not gaining too much weight is to throw away all the bigger clothes so that I have no choice, lol.

Jan

Hiya,

I was a WW queen for years :) and the problem I found with it is you can get away with eating a load of rubbish and remain within your points which meant that I kept yoyoing and making the wrong choices. All diets work when you're in the right frame of mind but for how long? You have to do tho what you think will work for you. I'm determined to work up the plans as they're so healthly and allow you snacks etc. It is scary tho as there's so much choice but you can map out the choices you prefer and stick to them so you make it a more ridgid plan for yourself.

Whatever you decide, good luck xxx

Agree completely with what you are saying about weight watchers - I had 1/2 a bottle of wine everyday and not a lot of food. I learned very little about healthy eating - I think I have learned a lot more on Cambridge.

Thanks for your encouragement - I do think that the plans look great for meat eaters but I'm a vegetarian and there is a lot of preprocessed food included (quorn for example) which I don't think is very healthy - convenient though.

I'm rediscovered Tofu from doing 810 which has been brilliant.

Cheers,

Actually, I think my vegetarian comments are just excuses, being totally honest, I'm just lazy :-(

I have a nice dinner planned for tonight though, Bean burrito and salad, one of my favourites and a recipe from the Tesco diet plan. Yum, really looking forward to it.

Jan

I mean I know you can eat very well on WW but I just didn't :)

My CDC is a vegetarian too and she's always said how difficult the plans were. I presume you can have quorn mince which you could doctor up in different ways. I def think the CD plans are still the way to go as it'll be faster than other diets. You're so in the CD zone that to change over to WW now might play funny tricks on your mind.

You should start a thread for people to add veggie ideas....you never know what might come up. The plans haven't been updated in years (according to my CDC). xxx

My god Jan, you're about the same height as me and your goal is tiny :) I'm aiming for 8st 11lbs first and then I may try and go to 8st 8lbs x I'd still be 1lb heavier than you and i'm an inch smaller. Have you been this weight before? x

I eat fish (but not meat) and still find the plans boring. Somewhere deep in the archives someone posted the equivalent of being allowed legumes. I don't have it book marked and I don't know how legit it was. I have a feeling what was posted was for 810 but the lovely KD may have the 1000 plan allowance... maybe

I was 7 stone 10 until I met my husband 20 years ago, then a happy unhealthy life took me up to 11 1/2 stone. So I'm aiming to be about a stone more than I was in my 20s.

Size is funny though, looking at your details you are just coming into size 8 but I'm right at the top of size 12.

I not too worried any more about getting down to 8 1/2 but I would like to loose the rolls of fat I have left around my middle, the rest of me is quite slim now (which has the overall effect of making me lookish reasonably slim, which I like).

I'm still determined not to allow myself to slowly creep back up though, not this time, not ever again.

Jan

Yep we're all so different. I've never been below 8st 6lbs as an adult and i was tiny then. I am def a size 10 tho at the moment. I have leathers for the bike in a size 8 but only as they have to be silly tight. :)

You're doing fab xxx

I haven't been able to diet over the summer holidays, too much going on, I've either been away or had visitors. 3lbs gained so far.

I'm off to Dublin for the weekend but will start again with the diet when I get back. I have set myself a new goal weight off 8st 10 and will do 2 weeks SS and then 2 weeks of 3 meals with 1 low carb 400 cal meal (an adaptation of maintenance, suggested by my CDC). Hopefully that will get me back on track and I can carry on up the plans then.

Jan

Hello Jan..
Sounds like your doing fab hon........
Im 5 ft 2 and my goal at the moment is 8 stone 10....... I feel fine as I am but just know that I could go lower.. so about 5 lbs to go for me..
Its how you feel in yourself wow 7 1/2 stone you must have been teeny weeny.. Mind you my sister in law who is actually pregnant at the moment is usually 7 1/2 stone she is just over 8 stone now being 32 weeks pregnant..
xx

I decided to loose a bit more weight and so planned to do SS for two weeks then go back to 810 for two, but I just couldn't do it. I think that you have to have the right mental attitude to do this diet and I obviously don't.

So now I am back to healthy eating and so I guess getting on with the rest of my life - it's going ok. I'll post back in a while to let you know if it worked or not.

I have loads of diets left so am using them as meal replacements for a bit to get rid of them.

I hope that you all have more willpower than me and that you reach your goals long term.

Cheers,

Jan

Back