JanD on the refeeding bus.

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Jeeeeeez - who can afford to eat???

For 15 weeks I've popped to the chemist and paid £36. I went to Tescos on my way home from work this morning and spent £103!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a list - didn't get any impulse stuff and only one 3 for 2. DH stuck a shorts and T shirt offer in the trolley but that only accounted for £15 of it :sigh:

Bring back the shakes!!!! :eek:

Anyway - I've had a baked chicken breast with some salad (small cereal bowl of leaves, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and a splash of balsamic vinegar)

I don't want to sound like a miserable b****h but I'm nothing if not honest. After reading everyone waxing lyrical about how marvellous it was to eat again and how wonderful everything tasted I was very disappointed.
It tasted like a bit of chicken and salad .... okay but nothing to write home about. It went down fine - I wasn't 'stuffed' after a few mouthfuls as some have said they were. I didn't have any trouble finishing it - I did wonder if I had a bit too much salad - how big is a small cereal bowl?? - but decided stressing over a couple of lettuce leaves was crazy.

I WILL say I can feel the food in my stomach - not uncomfortable, just 'there' and I could have managed on less but I had exactly what the refeed sheet said.

After coming round from dreading refeeding to really looking forward to it for the last few days, sadly I found the whole thing an huge anticlimax.

Ah well - maybe when I can have something a bit more interesting ... ? OR maybe it's a good thing that food isn't 'doing it' for me any more .... ?

We'll see what the next few days bring. Sorry if this sounds miserable :wave_cry: xx

I understand where your coming from Jan. I loved sitting down with a knife and fork but the food was quite 'plain' the first time I ate.It'll get better though Jan, after day 4 much better! best of luck with it all x

Anticlimax?

Hi Jan , Welcome on board the refeeding bus .. Congratulations you have done so well . Pity Mary isnt here to welcome you on board but Im sure she is with you in spirit !!!!.

Im amazed you didnt find the flavour of the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar really good after the shakes. Well maby it might take a few days for the taste buds to wake up again(If you know what i mean) . You were on LT much longer than me so maby thats a factor.

Never mind tomorrow you can have two meals so try to have something you know you will enjoy . Do you like tuna or microwave a piece of fresh cod with pepper (yum). Maby you could stir fry some veg (peppers, mushrooms ,beansprouts) in some frylite instead of the salad for one meal . Just thought of that now .

I am at the stage now where I need to add some variety as one can get tired of salads can one.... Trying to find tasty inventive low fat meals .. Any ideas greatfully accepted.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I've shopped for the menu I planned so I'll stick to it and hope the taste buds wake up ;).

I'm looking forward to baked salmon with roast cherry toms and courgette on Friday (my birthday) and I got some turkey mince which I'll make into a sort of bolognaise and have with a bit of pasta at the weekend. I don't know if either of those appeal MW ..?

I really thought everything would taste great .... ah well, never mind. :eek: xx

It will probably taste better once you can have sauces an stuff. Did you buy some natural yogurt and spices to make some marinades? i cant wait to try them!

Good luck on your refeed jan, i cant believe your leaving tfr!! :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't really believe it either Tanya.

I had balsamic vinegar on the salad and I baked the chicken with tarragon ...... ? :eek:

Oh .... lol
I thought it would taste fantastic seeing as we havnt eaten for so long .. i hope im not dissapointed!
Maybe with time jan things will taste better .. :)

Just wait til you have your first vodka! Mind you if you saw the state on me yesterday I would put anyone off drinking! Talk about hangover from hell!

Good luck on the refeed Jan xx

I didn't feel the fullness either. I was worried about that myself. For me though, eating was great after 25 weeks of LT. I really did taste everything very differently, dunno why you didn't though. Maybe you expected something very different.

Give it a few days, maybe when you start to introduce more food in.

Perhaps it was the shock of spending £103 that got to your taste buds before the food. Maybe the next meal will taste better after your tastes buds have forgotten about the shopping bill. Happy refeeding. ;)

Hope your next few meals taste amazing Jan! Like Tanya I can't believe you've finished TFR. I remember answering your first ever post and just knew you'd do great on LT.

Good luck with the refeeding and I will be joining you very soon.

Woo hoo! Welcome to refeed. Shame your first meal was disappointing but they will only get better.

Oh .... lol
I thought it would taste fantastic seeing as we havnt eaten for so long .. i hope im not dissapointed!
Maybe with time jan things will taste better .. :)

I hope you're not either! And I hope they do get to taste better but perhaps not tooooo good ;) xx

Just wait til you have your first vodka! Mind you if you saw the state on me yesterday I would put anyone off drinking! Talk about hangover from hell!

Oh dear! Hope you didn't suffer too long! I AM looking forward to having a drink I must say!

Good luck on the refeed Jan xx

I didn't feel the fullness either. I was worried about that myself. For me though, eating was great after 25 weeks of LT. I really did taste everything very differently, dunno why you didn't though. Maybe you expected something very different.

Give it a few days, maybe when you start to introduce more food in.

I did feel full after I'd finished Yas but I had not trouble finishing - maybe that just means i got the quantity right - or maybe I still don't have an 'off' switch ... dunno .... :(

Perhaps it was the shock of spending £103 that got to your taste buds before the food. Maybe the next meal will taste better after your tastes buds have forgotten about the shopping bill. Happy refeeding. ;)

LOL! You may well be right!! :D Todays meals have been okay .. :rolleyes:

Hope your next few meals taste amazing Jan! Like Tanya I can't believe you've finished TFR. I remember answering your first ever post and just knew you'd do great on LT.

Good luck with the refeeding and I will be joining you very soon.

I know Bev - the time has FLOWN!!! It won't be long for you now!! :)

Woo hoo! Welcome to refeed. Shame your first meal was disappointing but they will only get better.

Thank yooo! I hope you're right. Todays have been okay as I've said xx

I had a vanilla mousse for breakie, then went for my weigh-in (3.8lbs off YAY!) and my swimming lesson, then nipped to shopping centre. All of which meant I didn't get back for my lunch till 3.30pm. I wasn't hungry though so it was fine. I had half a tin of tuna with a salad as per yesterday (lovin' the balsamic vinegar I must say). Then about 8.30pm had chicken breast & salad - I WAS a bit hungry then I must say - wondering if I'm coming out of ketosis now. I have some sticks so may check later. My biggest fear is hunger!! :eek: x

BTW - still keeping up the water intake! x

whoo well done on your loss jan :)

xxxxx

Thank yoooo! It was a lovely surprise ... best since wk3 despite doing the same old every week! x

Well done Jan, 3lbs is awesome :)

Thanks Yas! Don't forget the .8! Most important! ;) :) xx

oo am i doing something wrong? I usually have a full tin of tuna - is that excessive? I noticed you only had half eek!!

well done on the 3.8 lbs off!!!

:)

Thank you!!

No - not at all! The refeeding sheet doesn't give a quantity and I'm terrified of eating too much because I don't feel full till afterwards. I'm sure a whole tin is fine - drained its 138gms ... about 5ozs? Now I've worked that out I might have a whole one next time LOL! xx

Back