JanD on the refeeding bus.

OOO forgot to confess earlier .... :eek:

For the first time in 17weeks I had the very end off DH's chippy fish. Literally 1 inch of crispy batter with a few flakes of fish inside. This used to be a ritual and I was scared I'd want to stuff my face with more - and some chips! But I didn't, it was fine and not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things. Which is probably why I forgot about it earlier! x

whoo just goes to show that you can do it jan!! :)

oh, how are you doing your refeed then - i see your not counting calories? are you just watching your portions? xx

Well done Jan thats brill news. Just goes to show how good our nice, clean, rested tastebuds and mindset are doing. My parents got Chinese takeaway last night to celebrate anniversary, complete with extra chips and prawn crackers and all lol but I just didnt feel any cravings for it at all. In fact the smell was so strong I had to leave the room, it just really put me off the whole thing. Delighted now as was worrying about it all day when I knew they were gona be getting it but just goes to show that most of our cravings ARE in our heads.......and not in our tums heehee ;) :D

whoo just goes to show that you can do it jan!! :)

oh, how are you doing your refeed then - i see your not counting calories? are you just watching your portions? xx

The first week I did EXACTLY what it said on the refeed sheet. I found out then that an 8oz Jacket or 6 sm new pots is too much for me, that pasta is tasteless and that a small amount of salad or veg is plenty. That I don't miss spread on bread as long as there's a bit of moisture - toms & cucumber do it for me. I have fallen in love with fat free fromage frais and it does sooooo many jobs ... I've mixed herbs in it to make sauces to go with fish or chicken, I've covered chicken & turkey breasts with it & baked in the oven. I've mixed fruit or sugar free jelly crystals with it for desserts ... it's almost too good to be true!! :) I got some fat free natural natural yoghurt this morning so I'm hoping I like that now too, I used to eat it before but I didn't really like it.
I found myself looking at calories on things this morning for comparisons sake. I find I'm feeling a bit insecure as I'm leaving the refeeding sheet behind. :wave_cry:
We're going away for a few days on Monday and I'm taking some of the pouches of meals I had left over from doing Diet Chef before LT. Also the granola (DC breakfast). They're all GI/GL friendly which is how I hope to maintain. I'm also plannning on having a few drinks next week :party0016: .... I think what's worrying me about that is I REALLY don't want to go back to the way I was before ... which was drinking waaaaaaaaay too much and on all my nights off (4 per week) I'm really hoping to be able to leave some wine in the bottle (never able to before) - I'm actually hoping that 1 drink knocks me out!!
Anyway - very sorry - don't know where that ramble came from. I'm not even sure I've answered your question! LOL!
What are you planning to do after refeed? xx

Well done Jan thats brill news. Just goes to show how good our nice, clean, rested tastebuds and mindset are doing. My parents got Chinese takeaway last night to celebrate anniversary, complete with extra chips and prawn crackers and all lol but I just didnt feel any cravings for it at all. In fact the smell was so strong I had to leave the room, it just really put me off the whole thing. Delighted now as was worrying about it all day when I knew they were gona be getting it but just goes to show that most of our cravings ARE in our heads.......and not in our tums heehee ;) :D

You're dead right there! I'm just very wary of stumbling across any 'triggers' - but I have to try everything sometime! x

Thanks for the 'well dones' both of you xx

Day 13 Saturday 13th June

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Bed a chunk of the day

Tea - Baked salmon (with dill), roasted cherry toms and courgette and 4 sm new pots (too many, stuffed now - should have only had 3 - I knew it was too many but I still ate them :()

May have a maintenace chocolate whip later - or maybe some fromage frais again ;) xx

lol yes you have answerd my question jan :giggle: i am thinking of counting cals!

Is natural yogurt not the same as fromage frais?? i thought it was - and this is what i was planning on using to mix in herbs, spices etc for chicken and fish and fruit for a desert - now im panicking i have it wrong?????

Dont worry too much Jan - you have proven you have will power by doing tfr - if you can resist food and wine on that then you can do it now you are refeeding and maintaing - all about portion control - dont deprive yourself of it but dont go silly over it :) xx

Yeah - it's the 'going silly over it' that worries me a little. I know it's daft and I know I'll get there, it's just this transition. I really don't want to end up in places I've been in the past!!
I'm going on a 'weight management coach' course in July. I'm hoping by doing that and using it to help other people it will help me stay where I want to be.

Re Yog v FF - They ARE different because FF is a skimmed milk soft cheese, yoghurt is .... well ... yoghurt ... :). I've got the pots and I was going to tell you the difference in the ingredients but there isn't a list of ingredients as such (Both Tesco Light choices) The yoghurt contains live cultures I can't pronounce ;)
Per 100g they contain - Cals Yog 55, FF 46. Protein Yog 5.4, FF 7.8. Carbs Yog 7.6, FF 3.3. Fat Yog 0.1, FF 0.2. Fibre 0.0 for both. Sodium Yog 0.1, FF trace. Salt equivalent Yog 0.3, FF trace.
If doing ww the yog is 1 point per 100g and FF a half.

Hope this helps :) xx

Ahhhhhhh thankyou Jan!!! That has cleared it up! I will be getting fromage frais not natural yogurt to have with chicken an fish! lol silly me! :doh: !!!!

Day 14 - final day of refeed 14th June.

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - 2 sm slcs wholemeal with 2 slices turkey, leaves, tom & cucumber.
Decided to have a glass of dry white wine & soda in the pub this afternoon - my excuse being I didn't want to pass out in front of my mother & daughter by having my 1st when we're away (from tomorrow), if it did go straight to my head! (It did - but I didn't pass out ;))

Tea - Turkey breast steak, carrots, green beans & 1 sm new potato (by way of trying to make up a bit for the wine :eek:). Have prepared fromage frais with sugar free jelly crystals for later.

I'll probably be online at times whilst away so I'll start a maintenance diary. I'm hoping that'll help keep me on the straight & narrow. xx

Jan, where do you get sugar free jelly crystals and what are they? Am eager to try them! :)

Any supermarket, with the jellies, in sachets - 2 joined together. It's just like a powder instead of the usual jelly squares. There's strawb, rasp, blackcurrant and lemon & lime - there might be others too but that's all I've seen. You get 2 the same per pack. xx

Can't wait to try the jelly crystals in fromage frais too, sounds lovely! Have a great break Jan, where you off to anyway?

They are nice Bev! ... We're only going to a place called Ribby Hall. It's about an hours drive from home, really to give my elderly mother a bit of a break. It's been described as a mini center parc (VERY mini I think) so my daughter (24) is coming too. Just a bit of a change of scenery for Mum. There ARE nice restaurants and bars though - and entertainment so we'll see ;) xx

Sounds nice jan :)
I went to centre parcs a few years ago and it was lovely! so even if its just a hint of centre parcs its bound to be good :D

Yeah - looking forward to it - trouble is we can't have the cottage till 4 and it's only an hour away so it's a bit of thumb twiddling at the mo :)

BTW Lost 1.2lbs this week.

I'll move on to a maintenance diary now ..... hoping this week IS a maintaining week!!

Mary will be back tonight WooHoo!! Give her my love - though I'll probably get the WiFi option at Ribby Hall - I'm frightenend of missing anything ;) LOL! x

:giggle: god bless wifi!!!!!!

Have a lovely time Jan. I've been to center parcs twice now and love it. Hope your mum has a lovely break.

Jan, your refeed diary seemed really good and well done on your loss.

As for filling up at the table, I eat slower now as it takes your brain 20 minutes to register that you are full, also a large glass of water before and during your meal really helps too.

I use 0% fat greek yogurt as deserts over fresh fruit with a teaspoon of honey as my deserts now, much nicer than the fruit yogurts you buy in the shops.

Well done again and I hope you are having a fantastic time.

Back