Jane's Diary

Hello Jane, You seem to be really addressing your health and making some lovely meals at the same time.

I havent made a rice pudding for years. Your mention of it has made me want to make one. Can I ask what recipe you use ?

Have a lovely Sunday and lots of luck

Hi Jane, I am a wee and weigh person as well, in fact I weigh practically every day..:D ...I know that's a bit OTT but it's such a habit now.
Seems like things are slow but sure and you are going in the right direction...

Onwards and Downwards!

Lol :D I've been on again this morning! I'm down a bit more but got up very late so that probably accounts for that :)

Hello Jane, You seem to be really addressing your health and making some lovely meals at the same time.

I havent made a rice pudding for years. Your mention of it has made me want to make one. Can I ask what recipe you use ?

Have a lovely Sunday and lots of luck

Good morning jilly

My recipe for rice pudding: serves 1

50g pudding rice
About 1/2 pint of skimmed milk (from my hex) made up to 1 pint with water
2 to 3 tablespoons Splenda

Put all ingredients in a thick pan and simmer for about 20 mins. Keep a careful eye on it as it can burn very easily if the heat is too high. Mine just caught but was ok. I put in 3 Splenda but that was a little too sweet for me. I don't add any muller yogurt.

The rice doesn't look much in the liquid but when it's cooked it's just right and very creamy. I think I may make more today:D. I have thought that counting the milk as a syn I could still have my porridge in a morning.

I made magic pancakes with mullerlight the other day and found them very bitter. I'm going to try them just with a dash of milk instead. I'll post how they turn out when I do them.

You have a good day too on this lovely sunny Sunday x

Thank you Jane,

I'll get some pudding rice and have a go. Actually may have some at the very back of the cupboard (you know, with all the other stuff you rebuy because you forgot you had it !!)

Wonder why the muller pancakes were bitter tasting ? Every cake type recipe I have tried has ended up tasting like omlette ! Would like to try the sw roulade though.

Enjoy your Sunday :)

I've just booked a mini hol :D

Brother and family going to a friends luxury villa in Spain and as it has five double bedrooms we can go to:flirt2:

We will only get six days due to other commitments but that'll do. Let's see it's the first week of august so I wonder how much I can lose. I should easily manage one to two stone. Anything will be fantastic. I already feel so much better just losing a few pounds. X

Yay to a lovely break in Spain, that will be fab and you've got something to countdown to - I love a countdown!! :D

Made the pancakes this afternoon minus the yogurt but with milk. I put too much milk in so it ended up down the sink.:cry: Second attempt, much less milk, 35g oats and 2 eggs. Worked fine, especially with lemon and sweetener on. The mix only made 3 medium pancakes. I'll try again with the mullerlight. I'm not sure what gave my last lot a bitter taste. Maybe it was because I didn't add sweetener to the mix.

Granddaughters here tonight. Hubby is just supervising teeth brushing. When he's back down we are having salmon, couscous with roasted veg (sainsburys ready made), beetroot salad and some salad. Desert will be my favourite of strawberries and Total zero fat Greek yogurt.

I'm looking forward to watching 'Upstairs Downstairs' tonight x

Hi Jane - read one of your posts on another thread (hypothyroid) and thought I'd say hello. You seem to be getting into the SW swing of things I'm about to go it alone after 5 fairly disappointing weeks going to class. Like you I've had a few health hiccoughs in the last couple of years but onward and upwards (or should that be downwards?). Would love to keep in touch for a bit of mutual support - hope the salmon was yummy
Sue

Hi mutti-mum

Yes, it would be nice to keep in touch. I'm doing ok at the moment and apart for one hiccup I've not strayed ... Yet!
My willpower is usually none existent so I'm not really sure what has come over me :eek:

I think getting weighed in class will help me to keep on the straight and narrow. However, I think if I'd had a few bad weeks I might stop going too. Hopefully, with a bit of moral support you'll still do ok.

Up until two years ago I'd never had a health problem whatsoever but two years ago I fell and broke my leg in three places, got a blood clot followed a few months later by a heart attack and now I'm hypothyroid:(. I actually feel really well now, apart from the tiredness. What problems have you had? Maybe we can commiserate together:eek: x

Similar tale (yikes) 6 years ago I had blood clot in my arm - well nobody diagnosed it as that until it broke loose and went to my lungs - pulmonary embolism. Fast forward 3 years and I went and did it again! This time blood clot in leg that went to my lungs - long sorry tale but diagnosed along the way as hypothyroid and have to take anticoagulants now to keep blood thin. I feel OK - people have lots worse to cope with but the whole experience was scary, I guess you know that.
Trying just to get on with things and more and more conscious the weight doesn't help so hence the need to buckle down and get on... I've taken the break from the class because it wasn't really helping me - I might try again but thought I'd give it a go by myself and try and get properly into the swing of things. I've just had chicken breast stuffed with extra light laughing cow wrapped in parma ham - quite yummy.

Hope the curry was good - looks lovely

Sue

Hi sue

You have been through the wars. Have you had your blood tested because some people are more prone to clots than others. I have and I'm ok. My problem was being immobile with my broken ankle and a very bad sprain on the other. I constantly worry though about every ache and pain. Hence my desire to lose weight and enjoy life more. I'm sick of my weight holding me back from doing things. For instance, i never go in the sea on holiday because I won't walk down the beach to the sea!

Btw the curry was lovely. Hubby said he would have liked a bit more spice but you know what men are like! I prefer a subtle flavour, which it was.

Your meal sounds just right, hope you had loads of veg :)

X

Evening Jane, Hope the curry was nice and filling. Does look good.

I watched Upstairs Downstairs last night, was a bit disapointed in it. Think Ive been spoiled by Downton ! Call the Midwife is a cracker though have you been watching it ?

Evening Jane, Hope the curry was nice and filling. Does look good.

I watched Upstairs Downstairs last night, was a bit disapointed in it. Think Ive been spoiled by Downton ! Call the Midwife is a cracker though have you been watching it ?

Hi jilly

I was also disappointed with Upstairs Downstairs, I'll give it another go but right now I'm not bothered if I don't watch it again. Call the Midwife is great, hope they do another series.

I'm afraid I have to admit to really enjoying The Chawners Last Chance on Bio. It's the last one tomorrow :rolleyes: What I do not understand is that they live on benefits and appear to not be making money from the programme. I'd have thought they'd be well set up from it. X

:) @ Jane - yes have been tested and I have some genetic mutation that didn't help - unfortunately not one that gives me any kind of X-men like special powers :grumble:

Yes lots of reasons to lose weight:
Aeroplane seats - train seats, any kind of plastic flimsy chair :eek:
To name but 3.....

I watched Upstairs Downstairs - was a bit too much like hard work although I so wanted to like it....
Right girls - I have to help move chest of drawers ahead of new carpet tomorrow - does that count as aerobics :rolleyes:

Sue x

I've been out to Marks shopping today. For the first time ever managed to have lunch in Marks! Baked potato and beans, not very exciting but I enjoyed it. I used to follow weight watchers which made eating there very difficult.

I'm trying to resist buying clothes as I have plenty of things which will fit me down to the next size :). One top somehow fell into my basket though, I've no idea how that happened:D

Hope everyone is having a lovely day in the warm spring sunshine.

I know things just gravitate to my basket (well trolley if I'm honest) too. Glad you had a nice day I've had this afternoon off waiting for carpet to be delivered, cleaned the bathroom though and then have been for a quick 20 minute walk so reasonably good day.

I must sort out my signature - still learning on this x

Evening Sue

It's lovely getting something new in the house. Which room is your carpet for? Well done on having a walk too. I walked around Marks, does that count:D

It's weigh in for me tomorrow so fingers crossed. I think I've gone down a bit but I always way in the nude at home (after wee of course) and weigh in at group is, obviously clothed - thank God!

Tomorrow is a taster day so I'm taking free chickpea humus and carrot sticks to dip in. Hope everyone likes it :)

Back