Jane's Diary

Great news about your daughter - you will be so relieved. I haven't managed a walk today went to large M & S but managed not to let any clothes 'fall' into my trolley. Must admit to some potato wedges tonight... not too many, so chalking them up as syns and moving on :eek:

So plan for tomorrow is a bit more exercise and then there's that rather large pile of ironing :(
Hope you have a good day planned

Sue

Hi Sue

I have bed changing and ironing tomorrow :(. I also have to visit m&s to pay card - well that's my excuse :)

Did you buy anything? The top which accidentally fell into my basket last week is reduced by 20% this weekend. That is so annoying but not worth the faff of taking it back as I've already taken the labels off.

Granddaughters stopping tomorrow night so will have to get something suitable for an early tea for them. I'm being sooooooo good, it's amazing. I'm not sure what has come over me. How are you doing? X

Btw should disk be disc or disk? I think of a disc as a cd.

Hi Jane glad to hear your daughter is on the road to recovery, much better that she had private cover as I guess she could have been waiting a long time otherwise :(

Could you take the top back to M&S then buy it again so you get your 20% off of it?

Well I'm back from Marks. Bought a bit of food plus some tasty/naughty things for daughter :) I bought some m&s Fat free yogurts and I've just looked on sw for the syn values. They are 3.5 to 4 syns each. How bad is that! Told hubby he can eat them.

The only other thing I bought was a shirt for husband. I'm being so good in every way:innocent0002:

Breakfast: milk from allowance and porridge, coffee with milk from allowance, 2 small bananas.

Snack: Alpen light bar, chocolate and fudge 3 syns

Just looked at the time so probably no lunch as hubby wants to eat early. I've bought myself some cherries to snack on, so might have some of those.

I think I might do a spaghetti Bol for tea. Maybe put some diced carrots in for extra veg. I'll decide shortly and post a recipe later.

Hi R.E.D.

I'm fine, thank you for asking. How late did you stop up? I had a lovely lazy morning :)

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday. What are you cooking tonight?

I was up until about half two watching Kevin Costner and Whitney Huston smooch :)

I'm at a friends having Sunday roast :)

Hi

I went to bed about half 2!

Just at a friends having a roast and my phone isn't working well enough to look at minis properly.

You about later? Xx

Hi

I went to bed about half 2!

Just at a friends having a roast and my phone isn't working well enough to look at minis properly.

You about later? Xx

Yes, much later. Got two lots of friends visiting and granddaughters staying the night. It's the lull before the storm right now. Just sent husband out for some Cava which I can't have :cry:

Enjoy your roast xx

I keep meaning to say this to you Jane - you look WAY too young to be a granny! You must be a glamorous one :) xxxx

Dinner was delicious.

I made a sort of bolognese.

500g extra lean mince
2 tsp very lazy garlic
2 onions diced
2 carrots diced
2 peppers chopped
1 courgette diced
1 knorr vegetable stock pot
2 tsp mixed Italian herbs
1 carton/tin tomatoes in tomato juice
Little water

I fried the onions and garlic until soft, added the herbs and mince, fried until brown, added carrots, courgettes, peppers and tomatoes plus a little water and the stock pot. Simmer until Veg cooked.

I served with pasta and sprinkled 25 g half fat grated cheese on top. It was delicious and I've saved some to give my granddaughters for tea when they come back from school tomorrow.

No need to add salt as knorr stockpots are very salty.

The beef was minced Aberdeen Angus from m&s and was very good quality.

Might have some fruit and yogurt later xx

I keep meaning to say this to you Jane - you look WAY too young to be a granny! You must be a glamorous one :) xxxx

Thanks for that Crystal :D xx

What a busy day Jane - but fun hopefully. Your recipe sounds fab I 'm sure I'll copy and use it's something of a favourite here.
Have sat through another episode of Upstairs Downstairs (where did last week go??) errmmm really not sure I can stay the course with it.....
Have a fabulous Monday - will check in again soon

Sue

Hi sue

I've recorded Upstairs Downstairs to watch during the week. I'm not sure if I'll stick with or not. I'm just watching a programme called Hoarders recorded a couple of days ago on Bio. The people on the programme have houses filled to the gunnels with clutter. I couldn't live like that. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a chucker outer, although my garage still has unpacked boxes in it from when we moved last year. Obviously stuff we really do not need!

I've also recorded the Ashley Banjo dance programme on earlier on Sky. If you've not watched it I'd recommend it. A couple of weeks ago he had some dinner ladies street dancing. It was great. Xx

Morning

I've had magic pancakes for breakfast. I've still not mastered them properly ( or maybe I have and how they are is how they should be).

I've decided to make a hotpot for our evening meal. Will post recipe later when I decide what's going in it.

Oh yes! Must eat some lunch today :)

Hotpot is cooking :)

400g braising steak extra lean cut into pieces
3 leeks diced
4 carrots diced
1 onion diced
2 tsp mixed herbs
1 veg knorr stock pot
600 to 700g potatoes cut into small chunks
Little water
Fry light

Spray lge deep pan with fry light. Cook onions for a few minutes, add beef and brown, add herbs and stockpot, leeks and carrots and a little water. Simmer for a couple of hours until the beef is tender. Next add diced potatoes and a little more water and cook until potatoes are soft and falling.

Whilst cooking simmer very low and keep checking to make sure the water doesn't dry up.

We will eat this with no syn onion chutney.

Mmmmmm. I'm looking forward to my tea. This makes enough for four so I'll keep some for tomorrow. I'm lucky in that hubby doesn't mind the same thing two days running. Food is food in his book :)

Just a note to say I didn't think much of the knorr veg stock pot in the hotpot. It'd probably be fine in soup. I'll have to buy some beef ones or stick to a couple of oxo cubes which is what I normally do.

Didn't save any hotpot for tomorrow as husband had a massive plate full and I had about a third of it.

Back