Jane's Diary

Today's meals

Breakfast: porridge and banana. Coffee with milk from allowance. I got up very late so only ate this late morning.

Lunch/snack: Satsuma, banana and highlights drink.

Dinner: ham, rocket, tomato, cucumber, peppers and potato salad.

Boiled new potatoes, halved.
Very low fat fromage frais ( I used be good to yourself sainsburys). I suppose you could use Greek style yogurt or maybe quark.
Mustard powder to taste - about half to one teaspoon.
Lemon juice to taste - about 2 tablespoons
Salt and pepper.

Mix it all together and hey presto you have potato salad. It tasted lovely.

Tonight I've made half syn roulade. For the filling I mixed together quark, sweetener and raspberries. It was very very nice:D

I've just had another highlights drink at 2 syns.

Im only having about 6 drinks a day so I'm going to try and drink more.

Forgot to say that I sliced up a few spring onions into the potato salad. It would probably taste ok with other veg finely diced and added to it a well.

Dinner: Uncle Bens Vegetable pilau rice - 2 packets, mushrooms, peas and prawns. This was sooooo easy and absolutely delicious.

I warmed/cooked the rice in the microwave as directed. Using fry light I fried some diced mushrooms, added the cooked rice, added prawns and peas, gave it a good stir and put a Lid on for 5 minutes and hey presto it was done.

Hardly any dirty dishes and so quick. Husband, who is not over keen on prawns, told me to do it again:)

We've had our normal desert of strawberries and total zero fat Greek yogurt.

I still have milk left so can have some milky coffee later. Lovely xx

Did this again tonight but used onions and uncle Bens express special fried rice at 4 syns. It was tasty but I prefer it with the pilau rice.

Had porridge and banana for breakfast, but that was late morning!

Went to Tesco this morning as I believe they sell lean lamb mince but I couldn't find any. I bought a few other bits but find it so hard to shop somewhere that I don't know the layout.

Granddaughters here tonight and now tucked in bed. They've asked for Shepherds Pie tomorrow evening before they go home. They made some biscuits at home today and brought me a couple. I had to make up excuses as to why I was going to eat them after my tea. Needless to say they are now in hubbies tummy :).

Hope everyone else has had a good day. Xx

Good morning Jane :)

How old are your Grandaughters? They sound like cuties :D

Was it yourself that said you'd been to Goa? What's it like? It's one of the places that hubby and I have on our 'list of places to see' and just wondered?

Hope you have a good day xxxx

Hi Crystal

Granddaughters are 4 and 6. They are gorgeous. I know everyone says that about their grandchildren .... But they are :eek:. Katie, the oldest, is so caring, loving and gentle and Amelia is a little ball of energy. They are such different characters considering they are sisters. They've asked me for curry for tea tonight so I'm doing a keema. I found this recipe which looks good and not too spicy for them.

Beef Keema curry recipe - All recipes UK

I'll probably add more veg to it.

We have been to goa many times. We love the place and go for 4 weeks over Christmas. We usually travel through Mumbai so a few days there as well. We toured the slums the year before last and it was fascinating. This year we went to an island full of ancient hindu temples, leaving on a ferry from the
Gateway to India. It was fabulous. I love the place :)

Goa is perfect at Christmas. We always go to South Goa as it's quieter than the north. The jungle is more lush in the South too and the beaches go on for miles. We usually stop at Joecons beach resort. It's a good in-between place, not too upmarket and not too basic. We've stopped at the Taj in the past, which is adjacent to Joecons but since this place opened we've stopped there in preference.

If you decide to go let me know and I can fill you in on restaurants, etc. Visa stuff and all that rubbish.

Xx

Grandchildren seemed to enjoy their curry. They started off wanting shepherd pie but changed to curry. Amelia said it was too spicy but managed to eat a big plate full. Katie said it was lovely and would I do it again :)

I added mushrooms and peppers so we would eat more veg. It was very tasty.

Afterwards we had egg custard with raspberries. The texture was a bit odd but it tasted fine.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/132885-syn-free-baked-egg-custard-4.html

I've also made ermintrudes cheese and it's in the fridge until morning.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-made-soft-cheese-any-flavour-you-like-7.html

I added one grated garlic, some salt and chopped chives. It would make a fantastic dip with crudités.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

Granddaughters just been taken home by my husband so now I'm relaxing on the sofa:D

Hi Crystal

Granddaughters are 4 and 6. They are gorgeous. I know everyone says that about their grandchildren .... But they are :eek:. Katie, the oldest, is so caring, loving and gentle and Amelia is a little ball of energy. They are such different characters considering they are sisters. They've asked me for curry for tea tonight so I'm doing a keema. I found this recipe which looks good and not too spicy for them.

I'll probably add more veg to it.

We have been to goa many times. We love the place and go for 4 weeks over Christmas. We usually travel through Mumbai so a few days there as well. We toured the slums the year before last and it was fascinating. This year we went to an island full of ancient hindu temples, leaving on a ferry from the
Gateway to India. It was fabulous. I love the place :)

Goa is perfect at Christmas. We always go to South Goa as it's quieter than the north. The jungle is more lush in the South too and the beaches go on for miles. We usually stop at Joecons beach resort. It's a good in-between place, not too upmarket and not too basic. We've stopped at the Taj in the past, which is adjacent to Joecons but since this place opened we've stopped there in preference.

If you decide to go let me know and I can fill you in on restaurants, etc. Visa stuff and all that rubbish.

Xx

Thanks for the info Jane, it sounds fab :) I will give you a shout if/when we get around to going - we have so many places on the 'to see' list, we will never manage them all! I wonder if it would be quite easy for us to go from here...hmm now there's a thought.

Lovely names your Grandaughters have, very pretty :) Sounds like they loved their curry tonight, little darlings :)

Hi everyone

Just got back from group and have gone down another 1.5. That seems to be my average.

I'm wondering how they work out slimmer of the week. Some folk lose 3 or 4 lb a week but they have more to lose. Feeling a bit miffed because I'm slow and steady so don't think I'll ever get it:mad: I know it should not matter.

The yogurt cheese I made was absolutely divine. I can't describe how nice it was :). I'm going to make some next week and take it to group. I'll do garlic and chives and maybe one with fresh coriander in it. Not sure what to flavour it with but want to cater for those who won't eat garlic. Maybe I should just do one and sod it! I'll take in carrots, etc to dip in.

Will write food later. Xx

Hi Jane :)

Wow another 1.5lb, you are doing soooo well - well done you :) How much is that in total now?

I know what you're saying about Slimmer of the Week, I thought about that too (although I'm not complaining cos I got it a few weeks ago hehe), it would be better if they did it percentage wise then it would be more fair?

Anyway, well done again, you're doing fab xxxx

Hi crystal and thanks for your response. I think I'm having one of those days. I bet all the slimmers of the week are not On loads of heart tablets, thyroid meds, statins and the half a dozen vitamins I'm deficient in. :mad:

I'll feel better tomorrow:D

I'll catch up with your diary a bit later xx

Aw Jane we all have those days (me more than others I think, I'm always having 'off days' hehe!) - hope you feel better soon. xxxx

I don't just have those days - I think they're turning into weeks tee hee! Seriously well done I'm on the thyroid meds too and vitamins, iron deficient etc :sigh: - I think we just have to keep plugging away at it! I was never ever, ever going to get slimmer of the week with my track record
You're doing so well and are great at adapting recipes and experimenting :) Sorry have been missing for a few days - hubby's hospital complications but back on the scene now.
Keep on doing what you're doing - I need to get back to drinking more water and walking more, I've been a bit lapse on that front recently.

Take care

Sue

Sue! I wondered where you were. Did wonder if hubby was ok. Glad he is. You sound just like me .... Don't drink enough, don't walk enough.

Breakfast was two Alpen light cereal bars Hexb or a not sure without looking :). Eaten after weigh in plus a drink of highlights chocolate at 2 syns.

Lunch...hmmmm....nothing. Just some coffee with milk from my allowance and a banana.

Evening meal. Helmans lighter than light mayo with some lemon juice into which I stirred cucumber, cherry toms, green pepper, smoked trout and new potatoes. Followed by Greek Yog, blackberries and raspberries. very nice and very quick as we've been out tonight so was a bit rushed.

Still got some yogurt home made cheese which I plan on having for lunch with celery and carrot.

Xx

Xx

Hi

do you think you should be eating more? It's all something of a mystery to me even though I do know the theory :confused: My fault I'm sure, I just have the mentality that I can't eat as much as is suggested.
Yes thank you hubby recovering - we had a bit of an emergency here at the weekend he came out of hospital but then collapsed at home so readmitted for a few days, thankfully on the mend now and back at home.

As a result it was food on the run for a few days - I need to give myself a good talking to now to get back in the right mindset.
Chicken for tea tonight with lots of vegetables and maybe a walk after it's quite a nice evening here. Tomorrow I have a day off :D so the weekend starts here...... Hope you've had a lovely day

Sue

Hi

do you think you should be eating more? It's all something of a mystery to me even though I do know the theory :confused: My fault I'm sure, I just have the mentality that I can't eat as much as is suggested.
Yes thank you hubby recovering - we had a bit of an emergency here at the weekend he came out of hospital but then collapsed at home so readmitted for a few days, thankfully on the mend now and back at home.

As a result it was food on the run for a few days - I need to give myself a good talking to now to get back in the right mindset.
Chicken for tea tonight with lots of vegetables and maybe a walk after it's quite a nice evening here. Tomorrow I have a day off :D so the weekend starts here...... Hope you've had a lovely day

Sue

Hi sue

I do think the hospitals boot people out a bit too quickly these days. I think I was in for three days following my heart attack and stent but I ended up going back in for a week a couple of weeks later. I suppose they are worried about infections but sometimes you just need that extra bit of looking after.

May be I don't eat enough. I actually find it difficult to each lunch. Im just not hungry, if I do eat it I then struggle to eat my evening meal. Today I've eaten more, mainly because I was up at 7 which is early for me:eek:. I had to go out early so had breakfast when I got back.

Breakfast: porridge, banana, coffee with milk from allowance.
Lunch: baked potato plus my homemade cheese.
Dinner: aloo gobi with no aloo:rolleyes: uncle bens pilau rice with prawns and peas. Very nice and very filling
Supper: strawberries and Greek Yog.

Snacks: highlights choc drink 2 syns x 2, Alpen light bar 3 syns, pilau rice 3.5 syns and homemade cheese (made with 2% total) 1 syn. Total syns 11.5.

Good morning Jane :)

I love the fact you have aloo gobi with no gobi! That made me laugh :D

Hope you have a good Friday xxxx

Hi crystal

I'm so envious of you in the sunshine. I'm definitely a summer person. I've never been on a skiing holiday and have absolutely no desire to either. Give me sun, sea and sand any time.

You are not missing much here, weather wise.

Hope the diet is going well and hope you're loving very minute with your husband :flirt2:

Xx

Today's food:

Breakfast: Porridge and banana plus coffee with milk from allowance.

Took daughter shopping in our local town. Her neck is healing well, although she can't turn it easily and is still in some pain. Treated her to a blouse and a dress for work. I'm a soft touch :)

Late lunch: baked potato with a butter bud an beans.

Very late evening meal: lettuce, toms, cucumber and smoked mackerel at 1.5 syns plus 30 g hellmans lighter than light at 1 syn (I think that's right).

Followed by the usual strawberries and Greek yogurt.

2 cadburys highlights at 2 syns each.

Weighed myself this morning and I'd gone up a bit. I ate a lot yesterday so I think it's not really a gain just bulk of food :eek:

Xx

Hi crystal

I'm so envious of you in the sunshine. I'm definitely a summer person. I've never been on a skiing holiday and have absolutely no desire to either. Give me sun, sea and sand any time.

You are not missing much here, weather wise.

Hope the diet is going well and hope you're loving very minute with your husband :flirt2:

Xx

Hi Jane, hope you've had a nice weekend :)

Yep I'm definitely a sunshine person too, although the weather has been really windy here it's still nice for it not to be raining (or snowing as can sometime happen in Scotland in Spring!!)

When is your weigh in? Are you a Monday? I always forget people's weigh in days!

Hi Jane, hope you've had a nice weekend :)

Yep I'm definitely a sunshine person too, although the weather has been really windy here it's still nice for it not to be raining (or snowing as can sometime happen in Scotland in Spring!!)

When is your weigh in? Are you a Monday? I always forget people's weigh in days!

Oh my God! I feel so much like eating cr*p today! I could just eat a big piece of cake. Good job I havn't got anything in :(

Btw crystal My weekend has been ok and the weather has been pretty good. Hope it keeps up, I could do with cutting some hawthorn hedging down a bit.

Weigh in Wednesday morning. I'm sure this week I will be either up or stay the same. I've stuck to the diet but I think my tablets don't help. I'm on about 12 a day! Thyroid, heart, cholesterol, low vit d, folate anaemic... And so on. Hopefully I'm just going through a phase and I'll soon be through it. I've been well all my life, so far. Until a year ago I never even took painkillers!

Please ignore my self pity, I'm just having a few cheesed off days:eek:

Food for the day - I'm trying to eat a little more gluten as dr wants me to gave a celiac test and if I don't eat enough it might show a false negative.

2 rounds weight watchers wholemeal bread toasted with mackerel in tomato sauce.

Banana, apple and nectarine.

Roast beef, carrot, swede, roast spuds, cauliflower. 2 tsp bisto gravy granules at 1 syn per teaspoon of granules.
Rice pudding with milk from allowance.

Snacks: muller Yog, Alpen bar at 3 syns, 2 highlights choc drinks at 2 syns each.

Got up very late, hence toast and mackerel was really brunch.

Also had milk from allowance.

I so need something bad:D. Havn't even got the excuse of a monthly event anymore. Mind you that's a good thing. If I had I'd definitely be eating rubbish xx

Back