Jane's Diary

Aw Jane big hugs, sorry to hear you're feeling down :( Do you feel any better today? Hope so.

I can understand it must be hard taking so many meds every day, are these for life or will you able to come off of any at any point?

Was it a sweet craving you had yesterday? Maybe you could have had a chocolate bar or something within your syns to make you feel a bit better?

Oh Jane I know just how you feel but yesterday is done and gone - hope you got through it OK, even if you gave in and went off track today's a new day.....
I must confess to 4 chunks (off a rather large bar) of chocolate :eek: but that was yesterday, back on track today.
On the tablet front sometimes it just catches up but I try and remind myself that at least there is medication and it works, despite the ups and downs they bring :sigh:

It sounds like you have so many other good things in your life though and that's the main thing. Hope you've had a good day today and that your get up and go hasn't gone but was just resting :)

You take care

Sue xx

Thanks you two. Feel much better today:). Didn't fall off the wagon, just really really really felt like it :). My weight this week appears to be static even though I'm sticking to the diet :(. I'm sure it'll be ok in the end.

Had granddaughters today so eating a bit hit and miss. I really should be thin.

Breakfast: 2 Alpen lights and coffee with milk from allowance. Banana. Not ideal but ok when rushed.

Lunch: apple, nectarine and banana plus mullerlight vanilla Yog.

Evening meal: hubby wanted sausage, bacon, eggs etc and I didn't feel like that. So cooked that for him and I had baked potato and baked beans. Going to have strawberries and total Greek yogurt soon.

Also had 2 chocolate highlights drinks at 2 syns each and a butter bud sachet on my potato at 1/2 syn. Few drinks coffee plus milk from allowance.

Boring wasn't it!

Must make more effort tomorrow. Think I'll do a beef casserole.

Xx

P.s. Sue. Hope your husband is recovering well.

Glad you're feeling better today Jane :)

I think I've picked up your habit of strawberries and yoghurt every night!

Glad you're feeling better today Jane :)

I think I've picked up your habit of strawberries and yoghurt every night!

I bet the strawberries you get there are much nicer than the airfreighted ones we get. It takes my ages to pick nice looking ones!

Btw it's been bleeping cold today and I'm freezing. I'm just watching 'A year to save my life USA'. Makes me feel slim. Some of these people have such a lot of weight to lose, it must seem insurmountable.

Xx

The bloke on this programme weighs 651 lb. Phew.... I don't know how his heart keeps going.

Oh I didn't realise there was a US version of this, I caught a few of the UK ones. What channel is it on?

Hope you've had a good day Jane xxxx

Oh I didn't realise there was a US version of this, I caught a few of the UK ones. What channel is it on?

Hope you've had a good day Jane xxxx

It's on sky 1. Monday and Wednesday. I'm now watching Supersize vs Superskinny.

Hope you are enjoying your last few days of warmth:)

My food today:

Porridge, milk from allowance and a banana. Coffee with milk from allowance.

Lunch: Nectarine, apple, banana and highlights choc drink at 2 syns

Tea: Cottage Pie from the extra easy cookbook and very tasty it was. We had it with some sweetheart cabbage.

Guess what desert was! We had some raspberries too :D

Xxx

Weigh in today and another pound gone. :D. I'm pleased. How on earth do some folk manage to lose 3 or 4 lb a week, it's a mystery to me! Anyway the cumulative loss will be fantastic by next Christmas so I'm very pleased.

Took in some of the total Greek Yog 0 fat cheese and it went down well. I made a garlic and chive one and a sweet red pepper and paprika one. Our leader reckons that it served with celery/carrots it's syn free, even if used for a snack in the evening.

Food so far today.

Breakfast: cadburys highlights choc drink 2 syns and a banana, taken to group to have after weigh in :)

Lunch: 2 cups ground coffee with milk from allowance. Garlic and chive cream cheese and carrots and celery sticks. I bet you hadn't guessed that :)

Evening meal might be cottage pie from yesterday or might make a beef curry as I have some braising steak that needs using up. Cottage pie would still be ok tomorrow.

Xx

Hi Jane,

Just been reading through your diary.
Well done on your lose so far.

You sound like me up and down but the weight is going down no matter how slowly. They say that is better then fast. I can lose 5lbs in a week but I can also put that back on in a week so count your blessings.

I would love to cook a meal from the recipe books every day but working full time and trying to exercise fills your life.

I notice you watch the weigh loss programmes on TV. I love them. A year to save my life, Americas biggest loser (don't like the UK one a bit wimpy. And I like the superskinny v supersize. Sometimes I watch them with a bag of sweets :eek:.

I am on the positive wagon at the moment so am making the most of it.

Another pound Jane, that's great - well done!

Your dip sounds fab with the carrots etc, yummy! :D

Hi Lynda and crystal

I'm so fortunate that I don't have to work every day. I cook most days. I often tell my husband that he doesn't know how lucky he is :D really though, I'm the lucky one :D

I sometimes think I don't really eat enough when I look back but I'm losing steadily so I'm fairly happy. I think we would all love 5 lb week. Wouldn't that be heaven. Stuff yourself for a few days then lose it in a day :p

Keep thinking positive Lynda and thanks for visiting me, it's appreciated. Btw is it Big Body Squad tonight, I must check?

Crystal I'll catch your diary later, hope you are having a fantastic day, toasting nicely with your husband :p

Xxx

Hello Jane,

Well done on the 1lb off :) Dont be fretting about those folk that lose quicker ! The only important thing is that it stays off and I have a theory that if you have to follow the plan for longer the more ingrained and habit forming it becomes so long term success is more likely.

Did you continue watching upstairs downstairs ? I just couldnt get into it. I wonder how the viewing figures are holding up ? Oohh and I do hope they make another series of "Call the Midwife" I know that it was adapted from a book so dont know where they would get other stories from... other midwives I guess.

Have a good evening and give that pound loss the glorious celebration it deserves :)

Hello Jane,

Well done on the 1lb off :) Dont be fretting about those folk that lose quicker ! The only important thing is that it stays off and I have a theory that if you have to follow the plan for longer the more ingrained and habit forming it becomes so long term success is more likely.

Did you continue watching upstairs downstairs ? I just couldnt get into it. I wonder how the viewing figures are holding up ? Oohh and I do hope they make another series of "Call the Midwife" I know that it was adapted from a book so dont know where they would get other stories from... other midwives I guess.

Have a good evening and give that pound loss the glorious celebration it deserves :)

Hi jilly

Hope you're well. Upstairs downstairs is recorded but not watched. I think it'll be one of those programmes I watch when I really can't find anything else :p. I agree with Call the Midwife, it was brilliant and very easy to watch. I watched something the other day about an Indian DR in Wales and that was very good. It would have made excellent Sunday evening viewing. Can't remember what it's called though!

I've decided on the cottage pie again tonight. I've also cooked a beef rogan Josh ( the beef was nearly out of date) so we will have that tomorrow after I've finished work - yes really - work :eek: I have to show myself every now and again :)

Xx

Hi Lynda and crystal

I'm so fortunate that I don't have to work every day. I cook most days. I often tell my husband that he doesn't know how lucky he is :D really though, I'm the lucky one :D

I sometimes think I don't really eat enough when I look back but I'm losing steadily so I'm fairly happy. I think we would all love 5 lb week. Wouldn't that be heaven. Stuff yourself for a few days then lose it in a day :p

Keep thinking positive Lynda and thanks for visiting me, it's appreciated. Btw is it Big Body Squad tonight, I must check?

Crystal I'll catch your diary later, hope you are having a fantastic day, toasting nicely with your husband :p

Xxx

Totally agree about the steady weight loss Jane, I would love to lose 7lbs/10lbs in a week but for me personally I know it wouldn't work as I'd put it all back on twice as fast :eek:

Do you work the same days every week?

Totally agree about the steady weight loss Jane, I would love to lose 7lbs/10lbs in a week but for me personally I know it wouldn't work as I'd put it all back on twice as fast :eek:

Do you work the same days every week?

To be honest I don't really work :). I attend meetings once a month and have some input into the decisions made for the company and staff. It's our business and I used to work almost full time for many years but my health has seriously made me reassess things. I'm very fortunate. I pity people who will be working until they are 66 and have no choice. I feel I've been defrauded of 6 years pension but I shan't start on that one!!

Do you work Crystal?

Xx

To be honest I don't really work :). I attend meetings once a month and have some input into the decisions made for the company and staff. It's our business and I used to work almost full time for many years but my health has seriously made me reassess things. I'm very fortunate. I pity people who will be working until they are 66 and have no choice. I feel I've been defrauded of 6 years pension but I shan't start on that one!!

Do you work Crystal?

Xx

Ah right I see :)

No I don't work either, I gave it up when my husband starting working abroad just over a year ago. Up til then I worked mainly in finance/banking and laterly worked for a Housing Association which I really liked. Once hubbys stint abroad is over I'd like to get back into housing, we will see!

Ah right I see :)

No I don't work either, I gave it up when my husband starting working abroad just over a year ago. Up til then I worked mainly in finance/banking and laterly worked for a Housing Association which I really liked. Once hubbys stint abroad is over I'd like to get back into housing, we will see!

Isn't life grand :D xx

Isn't life grand :D xx

I am a very lucky lady too Jane :D

You have your Grandaughters to keep you busy too, it must be lovely to have the time to spend with them, they grow up soooo fast!

Evening ladies
well done on another week's weight loss Jane! I watched biggest loser last night and have just caught up on a double dose of Masterchef hahaha both sides of the coin I suppose.
Envy you both not working but you're absolutely right Jane health scares make you look at things differently and if the opportunity is there not to have to work then that's great :D
I work full time - with some great people but would love a little more me time some days. Bit of a mixed day foodwise have lost my earlier resolve - not gone completely off message but 'could do better'.
Have a great day tomorrow all

Sue x

Back